Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬 - page 8. (Read 26068 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Surprisingly a useful real-world idea detached from copying other ICO projects making the same things over again!

Will bookmark your project even while I never have seen any real-world ICO funded projects requiring huge investments completed so far.

Maybe it's time to break this trend, who knows Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Is there any info how much have me collected until now?How is the sale going?

There is a ticker on the website, varyon.io

Currently at 1381 ETH (varies based on the price of our bitcoin holdings).

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.

US based investors will be able to join later?

Yeah acredited US investor will soon be able to invest Cheesy

Why they cant join now,whats the current issue?

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

Is it the same thing with investors from China,or they wont be able to join at all?

Likely not unless their laws change. They outright outlawed ICOs.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

What is the difference between KYC and AML?

KYC is Know Your Customer. Basically verifying your identity.
AML is Anti-Money Laundering. Basically finding out where the money is coming from.

I would speak freely about what I think about KYC/AML but I am somewhat representing Blue Frontiers so I will play nice.
Activity: 219

What is the difference between KYC and AML?
Activity: 120

Is it the same thing with investors from China,or they wont be able to join at all?
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The ICO's problem is that if the company succeeds in bringing a real floating island off the coast of French Polynesia, there is really no way to be sure this will happen, and because the price The long-term value of the Varyon token is entirely dependent on this, so it's clear that this is a very risky venture.

Exactly  the same thing could be said for all the ICOs,even the biggest ones,like EOS that raised 4 billion dollars.

There is no guarantee,we invest our money into something we believe in ,we support it and hope for the best.Thats all we can do as investors.

Precisely and that is why I like this project so much, because it will make only people that truly believe in the vision to invest.Everyone else who just wants to make a quick buck will steer clear away from it and I think that is better for the project overall.

But still,you need those  people in the end.

I seriosuly doubt it would be possible to raise enough money without those that are into this for a quick flip,expecting something different in crypto would be unrealistic.I see them as necessary evil.
Activity: 276

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

Activity: 192
Merit: 1
The ICO's problem is that if the company succeeds in bringing a real floating island off the coast of French Polynesia, there is really no way to be sure this will happen, and because the price The long-term value of the Varyon token is entirely dependent on this, so it's clear that this is a very risky venture.

Exactly  the same thing could be said for all the ICOs,even the biggest ones,like EOS that raised 4 billion dollars.

There is no guarantee,we invest our money into something we believe in ,we support it and hope for the best.Thats all we can do as investors.

Precisely and that is why I like this project so much, because it will make only people that truly believe in the vision to invest.Everyone else who just wants to make a quick buck will steer clear away from it and I think that is better for the project overall.
Activity: 252
What do you mean by "sustainable"?

Sustainable refers to working toward being resource independent from a supply route. At first most things will be a hybrid approach, perhaps utilizing current resources on the host island or atoll.

The plan is to be energy independent, recycle our own waste, gather and store our own water, create our own food, etc.

While we won't be making our own computers or having herds of cattle for steaks, we hope to reach the point where someone could live on the seastead without the need of anything from outside of the seastead. Of course, for more pleasurable living we would rely on trade.

This has big implications for things like growing populations or refugees. During the Syrian refugee crisis there was a very rich man that wanted to spend millions to buy an island for the refugees. If we can create a sustainable floating island where anyone living there has all the resources they need to live, then it will solve a lot of the world's problems.

We acknowledge that food will be the most difficult starting out but the rest should be possible early on.

Thank you for the detailed answer,sounds great what you are trying to achieve.
Activity: 238

Activity: 185

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

You accept only BTC and ETH during ICO?

During the presale we accept BTC, ETH and ZEN. During the actual sale we will be using the smart contract for purchase which will only allow for sending ETH.

How come you accept ZEN?Not an usual choice for accepted  crypto currencies during ICO.

Blue Frontiers has partnered with ZenCash. A major focus of their cryptocurrency is blockchain based governance solutions and privacy. I am not a ZenCash expert so I can't comment much on the technology but hopefully their team can provide some governance solutions for the seastead. We definitely want to partner with many blockchain players to provide blockchain based solutions to things that governments currently do centrally. Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain business so they will be looking to others to solve these problems for the seastead. 

Here's one of our founders, Randy Hencken with Robert Viglione discussing Blue Frontiers and ZenCash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52InKG3PmAw

Can't believe I missed that you are already partners with ZenCash.That is really good, more the merrier, this could be like crypto hub indeed.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Sustainable refers to working toward being resource independent from a supply route. At first most things will be a hybrid approach, perhaps utilizing current resources on the host island or atoll.

The plan is to be energy independent, recycle our own waste, gather and store our own water, create our own food, etc.

While we won't be making our own computers or having herds of cattle for steaks, we hope to reach the point where someone could live on the seastead without the need of anything from outside of the seastead. Of course, for more pleasurable living we would rely on trade.

This has big implications for things like growing populations or refugees. During the Syrian refugee crisis there was a very rich man that wanted to spend millions to buy an island for the refugees. If we can create a sustainable floating island where anyone living there has all the resources they need to live, then it will solve a lot of the world's problems.

We acknowledge that food will be the most difficult starting out but the rest should be possible early on.
Activity: 252
Activity: 392
Merit: 12

legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Correct. Like every other ICO there is the risk that the company won't follow through.

Blue Frontiers is holding a majority of varyon in reserves. They have the largest stake in making this happen so they are incentivized to make it happen.

Most ICOs try to get all of the money up front with the promise that they'll get around to building what they promised (as they drive around in their lambos). The small upfront raise of varyon ensures that Blue Frontiers will do everything it can to ensure that the value of the varyon holds in the long term.
Activity: 280
Merit: 6
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
Any plans for those kind of floating islands in Greece?I think it would be a  good place for something like that.

Seasteads would be great in such an island nation such as Greece.

We are having a contest right now paying $100k to find the next seastead location.

https://www.blue-frontiers.global/
Pages:
Jump to: