Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬 - page 7. (Read 26068 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0
Since there was some information about ZenCash and partnerships I was digging a bit and found that there are lots of podcasts on Blue Frontiers website about all of this, project and much more and you learn a lot by listening to those podcasts!

https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/podcasts

Elwar are those gonna be posted regularly? I really like it as it is much easier to listen then to read that much information.

Thanks for sharing that!Its great  to see that community is involved,digging for info and sharing with others.
Activity: 276
What will be the benefits for Varyon,from this partnership with zencash?

ZenCash is very much focused on decentralized governance so they should be able to build some of the governance tools for the seasteads. I know they are working on a private voting system. As I have mentioned before, Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain company...it is a seastead building company. So they will be looking to partner with others to take care of many of the blockchain based solutions to governance. ZEN has a setup where they pay developers like how Bitcoin pays miners. So if some of the developers are getting paid for projects that can be used on the seastead then that is beneficial to all seasteaders. Of course there will need to be built a simple interaction between varyon and ZEN so that people with ZEN can use their tools.

Yeah this makes sense.I see some people get confused about difference between Blue Frontiers and Varyon and interaction between them and how partnerships affect them.Can you explain how Blue Frontiers and Varyon interact and partnerships that affect them?

Varyon will be the only currency that Blue Frontiers accepts. So even if ZenCash is being used for some blockchain solution, if it interacts with Blue Frontiers it will need to convert to varyon at some point.

Blue Frontiers will want to keep the value of varyon up because it holds a lot of varyon in reserves and will use it for future construction all over the world.

You do plan to get listed on the exchanges,right?
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

ZenCash is very much focused on decentralized governance so they should be able to build some of the governance tools for the seasteads. I know they are working on a private voting system. As I have mentioned before, Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain company...it is a seastead building company. So they will be looking to partner with others to take care of many of the blockchain based solutions to governance. ZEN has a setup where they pay developers like how Bitcoin pays miners. So if some of the developers are getting paid for projects that can be used on the seastead then that is beneficial to all seasteaders. Of course there will need to be built a simple interaction between varyon and ZEN so that people with ZEN can use their tools.

Yeah this makes sense.I see some people get confused about difference between Blue Frontiers and Varyon and interaction between them and how partnerships affect them.Can you explain how Blue Frontiers and Varyon interact and partnerships that affect them?

Varyon will be the only currency that Blue Frontiers accepts. So even if ZenCash is being used for some blockchain solution, if it interacts with Blue Frontiers it will need to convert to varyon at some point.

Blue Frontiers will want to keep the value of varyon up because it holds a lot of varyon in reserves and will use it for future construction all over the world.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
Since there was some information about ZenCash and partnerships I was digging a bit and found that there are lots of podcasts on Blue Frontiers website about all of this, project and much more and you learn a lot by listening to those podcasts!

Elwar are those gonna be posted regularly? I really like it as it is much easier to listen then to read that much information.

Yes, I believe they are doing several podcasts hoping to keep it a regular thing.
Activity: 185
Merit: 1

Activity: 117
Merit: 2
I have been checking out the concepts for a seasted and must say that I prefer the first solution over the second one.It looks more environment friendly with mini marina and more green areas all over it Cheesy Kind of reminds me of Shire for lord of the rings Cheesy

You can check it out here and maybe share your opinions Cheesy

https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/assets

Thanks for sharing.I checked it out and I agree with you on this one. First solution looks more in tune with the surroundings to me too.Though the second solution might be more suitable for people who like when it looks futuristic, like progressive, kind off goes well with the idea of new tech so it makes sense also.
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
I have been checking out the concepts for a seasted and must say that I prefer the first solution over the second one.It looks more environment friendly with mini marina and more green areas all over it Cheesy Kind of reminds me of Shire for lord of the rings Cheesy

You can check it out here and maybe share your opinions Cheesy

https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/assets
Activity: 140

Activity: 192
Merit: 1
Is there any info how much have me collected until now?How is the sale going?

There is a ticker on the website, varyon.io

Currently at 1381 ETH (varies based on the price of our bitcoin holdings).

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.

US based investors will be able to join later?

Yeah acredited US investor will soon be able to invest Cheesy

Why they cant join now,whats the current issue?

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

What is the difference between KYC and AML?

KYC is Know Your Customer. Basically verifying your identity.
AML is Anti-Money Laundering. Basically finding out where the money is coming from.

I would speak freely about what I think about KYC/AML but I am somewhat representing Blue Frontiers so I will play nice.

But man, we understand what you wanna say,you are mad because our privacy is continuously invaded... but we also have to understand that in todays world its almost impossible without that. Maybe you dont have bad intentions but some people definitely have them and there is no other solution... how would you solve problems like bribery,corruption,money laundering and a lots of other illegal intentions?

I think  thats just an excuse,they pretend that they want to solve issues like corruption and money laundering by KYC/AML,but what they really want is to get all your info so they can tax you and get their piece of cake.Thats what goverments really want,thats their ultimate goal.YOUR money.

Remember,taxation is theft!

Of course that is the other side of the medal.It serves to regulate a bit better  and also to get all our data so we can be taxed easier.It's a necessary evil if you ask me.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Activity: 158
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
This is an ambitious AND deals with a real world problem. The use of tokens to essentially act as a currency for the planned islands, with our investment being used as the means to build the islands, is a great way to raise the funds.

When I first read about this project, I thought it was a bit out there. But I encourage anyone reading about it to also check out the youtube clips and discussion at the United Nations on this work. The team are really thinking this through and I'll be following the project.

Also, nice to see zencash as an eligible form of investment! Usually ico's are in BTC and Eth, so good to see other great coins being supported.

The pre-ico investment entry point is a bit high for me, but I'll be looking out for the ico and any marketing/bounty you have Smiley

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

AML is Anti-Money Laundering. Basically finding out where the money is coming from.

I would speak freely about what I think about KYC/AML but I am somewhat representing Blue Frontiers so I will play nice.

But man, we understand what you wanna say,you are mad because our privacy is continuously invaded... but we also have to understand that in todays world its almost impossible without that. Maybe you dont have bad intentions but some people definitely have them and there is no other solution... how would you solve problems like bribery,corruption,money laundering and a lots of other illegal intentions?

I think  thats just an excuse,they pretend that they want to solve issues like corruption and money laundering by KYC/AML,but what they really want is to get all your info so they can tax you and get their piece of cake.Thats what goverments really want,thats their ultimate goal.YOUR money.

Remember,taxation is theft!
Activity: 308
Just popped in real quickly to share the video about ZenCash and Varyon as it was spoken about few days ago and there was not much information about and I was learning about it also as this kind of went under the radar here and it is very important for the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWUT2eKMERA

Good one,thank you for sharing,i somehow missed that one
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Hopefully we can figure out a better way on the seasteads Wink
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
Just popped in real quickly to share the video about ZenCash and Varyon as it was spoken about few days ago and there was not much information about and I was learning about it also as this kind of went under the radar here and it is very important for the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWUT2eKMERA
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

Activity: 140

Wow, didn't know that requirements are so high and rigorous.On the flipside most of those investors will surely bring in some significant investment along  Cheesy
Activity: 117
The ICO's problem is that if the company succeeds in bringing a real floating island off the coast of French Polynesia, there is really no way to be sure this will happen, and because the price The long-term value of the Varyon token is entirely dependent on this, so it's clear that this is a very risky venture.

Exactly  the same thing could be said for all the ICOs,even the biggest ones,like EOS that raised 4 billion dollars.

There is no guarantee,we invest our money into something we believe in ,we support it and hope for the best.Thats all we can do as investors.

Precisely and that is why I like this project so much, because it will make only people that truly believe in the vision to invest.Everyone else who just wants to make a quick buck will steer clear away from it and I think that is better for the project overall.

But still,you need those  people in the end.

I seriosuly doubt it would be possible to raise enough money without those that are into this for a quick flip,expecting something different in crypto would be unrealistic.I see them as necessary evil.

I think times are changing and that today you have more people in crypto that look at this as opportunity to create a better world, better tech, not just take money and run.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
Surprisingly a useful real-world idea detached from copying other ICO projects making the same things over again!

Will bookmark your project even while I never have seen any real-world ICO funded projects requiring huge investments completed so far.

Maybe it's time to break this trend, who knows Smiley

Thanks. We have worked with a lot of the crypto industry from top lawyers to various ICO companies who have tried to wrap their heads around the complexity of this project (foreign company with founders living all over the world where the company will be building all over the world allowing investment from all over the world...etc.) but we feel that we have been able to get all of our ducks in a row for the token. Fortunately the project has received a lot of media attention and is gaining a lot of interest so it is certainly viable that the project will move forward.
Pages:
Jump to: