Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN/INFO] CARDSMITHS - CURRENCY SERIES 2 TRADING CARDS - NEW FOR 2023 - page 2. (Read 1654 times)

copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Any word of a diamond redemption this time?
  Sounds like they will do diamonds, but will be much tougher to get. There was a hint it could be sending in a Crystal sparkle set.

Oh wow ok. That's definitely going to be harder. Especially with all the packs not being mixed. Several people are saying their packs are dupes. Some mix up with the sorting I guess. I have only ripped 3 packs. Because Im not that impresses tbh. But I love to rip and will have some fun. Just not going as hard as I did with series 1.  But good to know.
copper member
Activity: 963
Merit: 397
  Sounds like they will do diamonds, but will be much tougher to get. There was a hint it could be sending in a Crystal sparkle set.
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Activity: 89
Merit: 8
I just hope I have cash ready when the series 1 mr's drop. I need to prepare.
copper member
Activity: 563
Merit: 41
Stack BTC
There's apparently some big drama on the Reddit discussion about the distribution of the Series 2 cards.

Anyone here opened enough cases/boxes to shed some light?
i had the same thoughts. as example i haven't seen a single Nick Szabo refractor that was pulled.
And that is just the one card that i was following. From my view it looked like all the first batch of series 2 that were shipped didn't had some cards at all. And there was no chances to get them.
I could be wrong, but yet again, as example : card #36. Anyone seen it in gem anywhere? Smiley
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
There's apparently some big drama on the Reddit discussion about the distribution of the Series 2 cards.

Anyone here opened enough cases/boxes to shed some light?
I've checked out the Series 2 cards and I am disappointed. The quality of the cards and the gamification are improved.

The art is bad. It's as if they came up with ideas for a card, did a little sketch and said... this is good enough... onto the next card.
There are definitely a few cool cards in the series, but overall, it feels rushed and unintelligent in design.

There appears to be less congruence in this series. The tone and feel of the set is just... what is it? The only word I can think of is, lame.

It's unfortunate, as I collected Series 1 with some serious fervor.

dang that's sad to hear, im going to just stick my unopened 12 box case in the safe for a few years then, are they giving away free crypto like they did in series 1 ? if so is there more info on the stats of that, like how much and how many cards/. ty

Redemptions are 1 per case, so you would likely have a 1/4 chance of having a redemption. Not sure of the amounts possible, but they say there are whole bitcoin redemptions to be had.

But yeah, check the cards out for yourself. It's just my opinion from what I've seen, and as a fan of the series, I'd rather be honest about it and hopefully Cardsmiths will turn out a banger of Series 3.
Activity: 269
Merit: 23
I've checked out the Series 2 cards and I am disappointed. The quality of the cards and the gamification are improved.

The art is bad. It's as if they came up with ideas for a card, did a little sketch and said... this is good enough... onto the next card.
There are definitely a few cool cards in the series, but overall, it feels rushed and unintelligent in design.

There appears to be less congruence in this series. The tone and feel of the set is just... what is it? The only word I can think of is, lame.

dang that's sad to hear, im going to just stick my unopened 12 box case in the safe for a few years then, are they giving away free crypto like they did in series 1 ? if so is there more info on the stats of that, like how much and how many cards/. ty

Check it out for yourself! Imo a ton of great art like series 1.. There are redemption cards still of course, but I’m not sure of the amounts of each
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 40

legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Does anyone know where I could find a checklist for series 2? I've been looking everywhere on the web without luck. Not even the official website has it. There was a Reddit post with an image of the checklist, but it got deleted for some reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Smiley

Somehow just posted one on Reddit

Care to share the link? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks.
Does anyone know where I could find a checklist for series 2? I've been looking everywhere on the web without luck. Not even the official website has it. There was a Reddit post with an image of the checklist, but it got deleted for some reason.

Somehow just posted one on Reddit
Just got my nt-3, last card I needed before moving on to series 2. I'm ready. Just need to raise some cash haha
copper member
Activity: 667
Merit: 562
Nobody dies a virgin… Life fucks us all.
Not a fan of series 2 from the ones I've seen so far.  I had some Cardsmiths points so ordered 1 box of series 2 that's out for delivery today.  Come on redemption card... come to daddy!

legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Activity: 845
Merit: 267
That Meta Rare Year of The Tiger looks great MR2  

copper member
Activity: 563
Merit: 41
Stack BTC
oh... Szabo card...
love to see that.

WTB series2 NICK SZABO in gemstones  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
Looks like Series 2 have hit ebay... lots of art and refractors revealed Cheesy

Activity: 269
Merit: 23
Did the release date get changed to 09/19/2023? Checking the retailer that i  usually buy from and it states the 19th? Maybe its only this retailer?

Gamestop is 19th also now.

Looks like it has changed to 9/22

General question here - is the hype for Series 2 still going? Thought there would be more posting leading up to their release. Maybe it will start going once the card packs start opening

I think there’s more hype than ever. The subreddit is very active now so I assume a lot of people browse there too. Lots of activity on eBay and the prices are impressive on many cards. I’ve seen a lot of base 1a’s and 7’s which surprised me because of how rare they used to be at one point

I’m still enjoying building s1 base sets and holofoil sets, but can’t wait for s2
Pages:
Jump to: