Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][INK] INKcoin - Launched! SHAvite-3 Hash, NO PRE-M! CPU minable - page 12. (Read 50546 times)

alc
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
ill agree with that.. you can probably still get a block or two per day solo mining.
I've been hitting blocks every 12 hours or so with pretty ancient core 2 CPUs since we hit 1024 (I'm assuming it's stayed at that difficulty, I've not been checking regularly).
Activity: 140
Great !!!  Smiley

OK let's shake this up Smiley

I offer a prize for the top 10 shares contributors for the next block that is found on http://ink.plasr.com

#1: 30 INK
#2: 20 INK
#3: 10 INK
#4: 8 INK
#5: 7 INK
#6: 5 INK
#7: 5 INK
#8: 5 INK
#9: 5 INK
#10: 5 INK

total 100 INK (I know it's not much but hey)

If I hapen to be in this list, I'll give away my prize to the people in places 6-10.

Maybe you should take care of your server, I just try pinging ink.plasr.com, A lot of time out..., so the problem is on your server.

DigitalOcean Singapore NODE it's too bad, Change to New York or San Francisco?

Ok I'll try to move the image to another datacenter. So it will be offline for a while.
Activity: 177

I offer a prize for the top 10 shares contributors for the next block that is found on http://ink.plasr.com

If I hapen to be in this list, I'll give away my prize to the people in places 6-10.

Maybe you should take care of your server, I just try pinging ink.plasr.com, A lot of time out..., so the problem is on your server.

Ok I'll try to move the image to another datacenter. So it will be offline for a while.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250

+1
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have add your pools on my thread. and the current difficulty is still suitable for SOLOMINE.

ill agree with that.. you can probably still get a block or two per day solo mining.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

So the reason should be the extreme high (for a new coin) difficulty.

10080 Block

I see what you mean, I meant that people obviously expect (and that's normal, I expected it also) to solomine it easily since it is just how much, two days old? Three days old?

I know the reason is in the design and the current diff is sth you expected. It's just that most of us didn't. and if we don't gather up in pools, it's useless to continue. I took a look at the graphs of the other pool and AFAICT there has been also only one block of 50 INK that has been paid. I might be wrong, p2pool stats are always hard for me to get, but I see only one block. In my pool has been also only one. All the others, are they from solomining? 1.5 GH/s network rate, where does this come from?

I'm not asking, really and not blaming anyone for solomining. It is just that it looks strange -- the coin was easy to mine and it was logical to attract smaller miners in the beginning. Instead it seems to had attracted bigger miners. Once again, it may be pretty normal etc... but it is just strange Smiley

I have add your pools on my thread. and the current difficulty is still suitable for SOLOMINE.
the only other thing I noticed is that the ink.plasr pool current block seems to be about 10 blocks behind my client.
I don't know how accurately MPOS reports the current block number but if the daemon isn't up to date it will generate nothing but orphans.
I'm going to try setting up MPOS now and see if I can't pinpoint the issue.

I see it too, yes. It is not MPOS, it's from the daemon itself

It was 10-12 blocks behind and then as I've been writing this it synced.

I'm watching them on adjacent terminals now, with `watch -n 3 inkcoind getinfo`  and they are the same

10080 Block

I see what you mean, I meant that people obviously expect (and that's normal, I expected it also) to solomine it easily since it is just how much, two days old? Three days old?

I know the reason is in the design and the current diff is sth you expected. It's just that most of us didn't. and if we don't gather up in pools, it's useless to continue. I took a look at the graphs of the other pool and AFAICT there has been also only one block of 50 INK that has been paid. I might be wrong, p2pool stats are always hard for me to get, but I see only one block. In my pool has been also only one. All the others, are they from solomining? 1.5 GH/s network rate, where does this come from?

I'm not asking, really and not blaming anyone for solomining. It is just that it looks strange -- the coin was easy to mine and it was logical to attract smaller miners in the beginning. Instead it seems to had attracted bigger miners. Once again, it may be pretty normal etc... but it is just strange Smiley
sent...tx e7a3abb656ef2a9718b35e820f505dd082e73d6c648cc16e3c6ad019cfbd36d4

lets see how it goes.

don't worry about sending it back.. I'm happy just having reliable pools to point my miners at...

EDIT: anything we can do to help make it easier for people to adopt this coin benefits all of us..

Well, we seem to be on the same chain. I received locally, sent to the pool and received there too.

yeah difficulty may end up killing the coin.. either that or the price will skyrocket.
the only other thing I noticed is that the ink.plasr pool current block seems to be about 10 blocks behind my client.
I don't know how accurately MPOS reports the current block number but if the daemon isn't up to date it will generate nothing but orphans.
I'm going to try setting up MPOS now and see if I can't pinpoint the issue.

lets see how it goes.

don't worry about sending it back.. I'm happy just having reliable pools to point my miners at...

EDIT: anything we can do to help make it easier for people to adopt this coin benefits all of us..

Well, we seem to be on the same chain. I received locally, sent to the pool and received there too.

10080 Block
Giveaway will be nice  Grin

I'll think of and announce later today (hopefully today when I find time) prizes for the first ones to join the pool and catch a block.
There is no offical statement about pools, no bounties for such, so I guess the dev is OK with solomining at the moment. Anyway I'll think of some way to attract more miners to the pool -- otherwise, like I said, it's useless to have a pool that doesn't have the power to hit a block when diff is 1024 and rising...

lets see how it goes.

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
Does the external miner work any faster than the built in one?
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

{
"blocks" : 77278,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1024.00000000,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 1003662,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Giveaway will be nice  Grin

lets see how it goes.

lets see how it goes.

Hm... you got me thinking... that is really strange. OK, I'll do a rescan now.

if you want some help testing it post your INK address and ill send you some INK then you can send it to the pool and see if it goes through ok.. if the money can move across fine without any dramas then we all should be on the same fork.

OK rescaned it all and looks ok...

{
    "blocks" : 76769,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 1024.00000000,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 1492842693,
    "pooledtx" : 1,
    "testnet" : false
}

If you like, send me ink to 1LXwfTDQXt7P9eYQ6cvgiPGthwkq5GDe4j -- I'll rescan there locally too, then send it to the pool and from the pool back to you. Hope it will show all is ok...
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
this coin is DEAD!

What's the matter with you? Stop trolling  Smiley People mine and trade this coin, dev is here, it's not dead.

Name the reasons why this coin is bad and you hate it exept the stupid diff retarget (that made a very fast mining possible in the beginning) and failes solomining (you know, a lot of ppl get angry when they try to solomine for the 1st time and they learn how mining works, what is orphan etc  Grin)
Pages:
Jump to: