Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][INK] INKcoin - Launched! SHAvite-3 Hash, NO PRE-M! CPU minable - page 7. (Read 50537 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
INK INK all the way Wink.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Speaking of the wallet.

I just sent 3800 INK 7 hours ago, and the wallet show this:

Date: 2/26/2014 14:47
To: [private]
Debit: -3800.00 INK
Transaction fee: -0.0001 INK
Net amount: -3800.0001 INK
Transaction ID: fc653b2bbe859c01b5393406587da0aab92b6a26b6ad6547d35ee6ec53c1c1c8

And that TX ID doesn't show in the blockchain.

Did the wallet just robbed me of 3800 INK? That would be fun...

I just wonder whether in this case, the INK coins in this transaction are generated from a wrong (forked) blockchain. Because InkCoin can be minted quickly, we can easily generate a separate (forked) blockchain if a wallet has not been fully synchronized, especially for those starting up a new wallet with gen=1 in the conf file.
If these early "wrong blockchain" coins are sent out, one will never get any confirmation from the real "correct" blockchain network.  
Anyone with the 0/unconfirmed problem, just start ur wallet with -salvagewallet parameter.

@kaene: Did you not read what was posted before?

Happened to me too, but with 15300 INK. I tried various things: restarting wallet, exporting and importing private key (usually worked for me in such cases, but not here), -salvagewallet (2/3 of my remaining money disappeared, fortunately I had a backup), but couldn't get the INKs back. Finally after a while I solo-mined a block and then this transaction got included in this block and sent to the network. Hope you get a happy ending as well.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1005
Anyone with the 0/unconfirmed problem, just start ur wallet with -salvagewallet parameter.

Happened to me too, but with 15300 INK. I tried various things: restarting wallet, exporting and importing private key (usually worked for me in such cases, but not here), -salvagewallet (2/3 of my remaining money disappeared, fortunately I had a backup), but couldn't get the INKs back. Finally after a while I solo-mined a block and then this transaction got included in this block and sent to the network. Hope you get a happy ending as well.
Any news developer would like to let know about INK adoption and future usage ? Smiley.
Ok, I found a way to get rid of the 0/unconfirmed transactions and recover the stuck funds using a python script: pywallet fork by jackjack (original pywallet by Joric)

How to recover the inkcoins stuck in 0/unconfirmed transactions

First, you need to install python 2.7 (if you don't have it) and add a few extensions (instructions below are reproduced from pywallet git readme by jackjack)

Debian-based Linux (not tested by me, best of luck to you)

aptitude install build-essential python-dev python-twisted python-bsddb3

Mac OS X (not tested by me, best of luck to you)[/b]

1. Install MacPorts from http://www.macports.org/
 2. sudo port install python27 py27-twisted py27-pip py-bsddb python_select
 3. sudo port select --set python python27
 4. sudo easy_install ecdsa

Windows (tested by me and confirmed)

1. Install Python 2.7

2. Install Twisted for Py2.7 from here: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads

3. Install Zope.Interface for Py2.7 like this

(either) 3.1 The easy way (tested by me and confirmed) proposed by TeaRex on github: install Zope.Interface from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs

(or) 3.2 The hard way: If this (3.1) doesn't work, you will have to install the egg file (not tested by me, best of luck to you)

4. Then follow these instructions by the good fellow jackjack:

Ultimate way to delete your forever unconfirmed transactions

• Backup your wallet just in case
  • Download Pywallet
  • Run './pywallet.py --web'
  • Go to http://localhost:8989 in your browser
  • Fill the Delete form like this:

• Wallet Directory: /your/wallet/directory
    • Wallet Filename: yourwalletfilename
    • Key: all
    • Type: leave 'Transaction'

• Click the Delete button
  • Run 'inkcoin-qt -rescan' (quote edited by coolisbad for inkcoin)
  • Done, no more unconfirmed tx's

Word of warning: Be careful if the wallet asks you for a transaction fee, this might be the sign for a transaction that will get stuck on 0/unconfirmed forever. The only transaction that got stuck for me was this one, and it asked me for a transaction fee of 0.0001 due to the amount. This is _not_ normal behavior for this inkcoin wallet, since the other txes didn't need a tx fee. I retried the tx now and it didn't asked for a tx fee plus it got confirmations from the network.

Well, good luck everyone.  

If you manage to save your stuck coin and you feel overwhelmed with gratitude, my INK address is 19bejcmxqexAhpDmBmHCK7vGeFCAi7azq5
But mostly send the gratitude to jackjack and joric. Gratitude is always appreciated. Smiley
Activity: 734
Merit: 507
@coolisbad
Same here, I did a test transaction for 50 INK and it's unconfirmed since few days already. This is the 1st bug.
2nd bug is mining with the official windows wallet - I've lost ~50k INK (first hours of INK), because the fresh mined coins had Immature status and never been confirmed. Once I've restarted machines - they disappeared forever...
3rd bug is the official windows wallet likes to freeze after hours of working, I mean it looks it works, but sending "getinfo" command (in console) shows wallet is stopped on some block and won't download/synchronize, even if there's ~120 connections.
Good news is... I've compiled the linux version and it doesn't afflicted with these problems.
phm
Activity: 378
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Speaking of the wallet.

Transaction ID: fc653b2bbe859c01b5393406587da0aab92b6a26b6ad6547d35ee6ec53c1c1c8

Thanks for the answer. I just exported the privkey, backed up the wallet, deleted the blockchain and started e full resync before importing. But now I have low hopes for this.
Maybe solomining, but on this diff my Phenom X6 1045T will prolly never find a block.
That is some buggy wallet, never happened to my before.

If it doesn't work move the remaining money somewhere else and send me your wallet file, I'll try to broadcast this transaction in mined block just for fun.
Speaking of the wallet.

Thanks for the answer. I just exported the privkey, backed up the wallet, deleted the blockchain and started e full resync before importing. But now I have low hopes for this.
Maybe solomining, but on this diff my Phenom X6 1045T will prolly never find a block.
That is some buggy wallet, never happened to my before.
phm
Activity: 378
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Speaking of the wallet.

Speaking of the wallet.

What issue ? Window Wallet is fine Smiley.

Can someone please edit the souce and fix the wallet issue?

Dev if you are around can you solve this issue so that peoples wallets can run smoothly Smiley

Cheers
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Can someone please edit the souce and fix the wallet issue?

Dev if you are around can you solve this issue so that peoples wallets can run smoothly Smiley

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
It is very interesting experiment with new algo. Currently, technical idea overtakes commercial part.
Developer what is your future plan for this coin?  Wink
{
"blocks" : 82010,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 4096.00000000,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Diff is 4096 and ONLY CPU MINABLE Smiley.

Why so hard to get this shit coin>?
fuck///The pool rate is only 250+M,and not a lot of miner.WHY?
Price is so low ,why?

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005
Price is so low ,why?

It went to exchange market too soon, that not really good and it will take some time for the coin to reach its real value.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Price is so low ,why?
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
I doubt it, the difficulty will likely stop rising after this adjustment and get to an equilibrium.

there is no KGW (Kimoto gravity well) and it looks like there is no way for it to re-target the difficulty in any direction other than up.. so by virtue of that, it has no way to reach equilibrium.
lol obviously you need to read up a bit more on how this coin works.. im done here... no point in arguing with people who aren't willing to take the time to research what the coin actually does. if you don't believe me read the source code.
I doubt that, but don't know how to read the source code. Is anyone else able to?
Pages:
Jump to: