Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 700. (Read 1191996 times)

legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
Can we make multiple deposits to the same address?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
 I've just submitted a request too
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
At what point should we request that KMD be added to Poloniex?   Should we wait until it is distributed or go ahead and do it now:

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

I think the earlier the better. It'll show that everyone is waiting for its launch. Anyway I've just submitted a request.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
At what point should we request that KMD be added to Poloniex?   Should we wait until it is distributed or go ahead and do it now:

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Activity: 910
I just finished swapping my btcd. Its a better way to start as I await for three more weeks before KMD starts being distributed.
If you swap before the BTCD snapshot date, you will also receive REVS asset.

Very misleading phrase on swap page. Cry
It can be read so that if you do not swap before snapshot you will not get REVS Angry

Yea, that needs to be changed since you can either leave your BTCD in your wallet until the snapshot and receive REVS or send your BTCD  to the KMD ICO site there by swapping them for KMD and receive the REVES asset as long as you do it within one week (prior to snapshot).

Remember, getting REVS through the ICO site was a recent addition. Originally you had to have BTCD in your wallet and wait for the snapshot.

At least thats how I understand it, please correct me if I'm wrong or left something out.

Yes I was confused and I knew I wasn't the only one.  It is not phrased very well.  I don't know if that is intentional or accidental, but is creating unnecessary confusion.
BTCD price is rising quickly now that the BTCD  KMD swap has officially begun.. 

Remember that .00651 is equivalent to the ICO price, so still plenty more room to run up before the swap and afterwards as well.

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex).00400 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:
250 : 1 (amount of BTCD that you get for 1 BTC)

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.42041779: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current rate: 12605.104 (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +4858.582 KMD or +62.72% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get much more KMD that you would have gotten at the end of the ICO.

The price could rise sharply from here to .006512 BTCD/BTC and you would still get the same amount of KMD. per BTC spent, as during the final phase of the ICO.

The swap has begun for KMD, so once you buy the BTCD, move them to the Komodo IC:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ or keep them in your own personal wallet:  http://bitcoindark.com/

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

It can be read so that if you do not swap before snapshot you will not get REVS Angry

Yea, that needs to be changed since you can either leave your BTCD in your wallet until the snapshot and receive REVS or send your BTCD  to the KMD ICO site there by swapping them for KMD and receive the REVES asset as long as you do it within one week (prior to snapshot).

Remember, getting REVS through the ICO site was a recent addition. Originally you had to have BTCD in your wallet and wait for the snapshot.

At least thats how I understand it, please correct me if I'm wrong or left something out.
legendary
Where can I read about REVS? I used search and if I got it right it's some kind of asset using its own side chain on top of Komodo. But who is developing it and for what purpose?

In the FAQ there's a section about the REVS: https://komodoplatform.com/faq/

What is the ‘revenue asset’?

For BitcoinDark a certain revenue share was promised from the various projects that compose the overall SuperNET ecosystem. Those revenue shares won’t migrate to Komodo. Instead, the BTCD holders will get an extra asset that will inherit those revenue streams.

The asset is entitled to these revenue streams:

5% of InstantDEX profits
5% of SuperNET profits
5% of crypto777 profits
After the ICO is over, a snapshot of the BTCD blockchain will be taken. With assetchains we have created a new asset called REVS. A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.

Thanks!

One more question.

Total BTC Raised: 2639.03 - Total Market Cap: 12,900 BTC
How is that possible?
Hi

I am new at this tech and my english is not very good... sorry...
I am trying to LogIn in https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ but always receive a "Wrong 2FA Code" since today Jan 09th. I have logged in several times before today.
I have already re-synchronized my Google Authenticator, closed and re-opened the Ico home page, reboot my computer, shut down the electricity at home... and nothing happened...
Pls!!! Help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Check the time on your phone.  That has messed me up a few times when the time was not correct.

But I can login with 2FA, so it's working fine for me.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi

I am new at this tech and my english is not very good... sorry...
I am trying to LogIn in https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ but always receive a "Wrong 2FA Code" since today Jan 09th. I have logged in several times before today.
I have already re-synchronized my Google Authenticator, closed and re-opened the Ico home page, reboot my computer, shut down the electricity at home... and nothing happened...
Pls!!! Help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Where can I read about REVS? I used search and if I got it right it's some kind of asset using its own side chain on top of Komodo. But who is developing it and for what purpose?

In the FAQ there's a section about the REVS: https://komodoplatform.com/faq/

What is the ‘revenue asset’?

For BitcoinDark a certain revenue share was promised from the various projects that compose the overall SuperNET ecosystem. Those revenue shares won’t migrate to Komodo. Instead, the BTCD holders will get an extra asset that will inherit those revenue streams.

The asset is entitled to these revenue streams:

5% of InstantDEX profits
5% of SuperNET profits
5% of crypto777 profits
After the ICO is over, a snapshot of the BTCD blockchain will be taken. With assetchains we have created a new asset called REVS. A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100

It is very obvious that project was create for btcd bagholdes, from the beginning it was known who is an Premium investor Wink
Those who invested through via BTC, is only a porter in pseudo exclusive hotel and carries the baggage of some homeless.

Reliable solution would be give for those dissatisfied BTC investors opportunity refund of their BTC and leave komodo project...

The trolls are out in force the last couple of days. I won't feed this one.  Time will tell what the truth is and Komodo has great promise.  We will see how the market values it very soon.  Anonymous coins are hot right now, and the ICO investors will likely do quite well.

I agree. ill stop back here next week. All this fud is a waste of my time.
legendary

Also what is DEX? Just found it. Decentralized EXchange, got it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
Schedule

- ICO Site BTCD deposit enabled 8.1.2017
- Subsidiy field gets locked for candidates 13.1 3PM UTC
- BTCD Snapshot 15.1 (block xxxxxxxx)
- Elections begin 15.1 3pm UTC
- Elections finish 29.1 3pm UTC
- KMD distribution 31.1 3pm UTC

You can now deposit BTCD to our ICO site, and then you will automatically take part in the snapshot for REVS asset, and afterwards your BTCD will be automatically swapped for KMD. Once you deposit your BTCD to the ICO site you cannot undo it. If you deposit, you will agree to get KMD in return.

The BTCD snapshot will happen at some point during that day. Instead of a time it will be some specific block. We are not sure yet which block it is. We can more accurately say the block/time a little bit later. In any case it will happen 15.1, and we will try to time it to happen around 3pm UTC.

Support is delayed today

Your dear community manger is travelling today and have very limited time to answer questions. We are sorry for the situation, but we ensure you that all the questions in twitter/facebook, etc will be answered on Monday.

We have had delays enough, so we thought it is important to move forward with the plan as it become technically possible. This day will be a bit chaotic.

What is the difference between REVS snapshot and KMD swap?

These two are two different things:

I'll try to clear out all the uncertainty & misunderstandings

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

legendary
Great that we finally have a roadmap for the coming month! Compliments for the Komodo team! Investors in Komodo and participants of the community will be trilled!  Smiley

I missed that part. Where do I find a roadmap or launch date?
Activity: 854
Merit: 501

yea is true, sound like this... but the real deal is : you need to send  or keep your BTCD in wallet or komodo platform till 15.01.2017. to get REVS. KISS
Activity: 687
What's the URL to the swap page?
legendary
Activity: 1367

Jump to: