Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 698. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 592
Merit: 500
I accidentally sent my BTCD to my KMD address instead of the swap
. I have the seed for my KMD address . How do I recover my BTCD ?
importprivkey into BTCD wallet using the KMD wif
How do I do this?
the iguana GUI will be able to convert the ICO passphrase you used into a KMD wif, which can then be imported into both komodod and BitcoinDarkd

so as long as you have the passphrase, your funds are safe

Is the Iguana GUI available ?

This GUI is plagiarized from ordinary eth wallet and operates exactly as ETH wallet, except its non functioning and won't load. One thing to note. Part of the codebase for the wallet has been processed by a contractor from startjoin in december, but the gui has been left unfinished because he later displayed a pathologic disgust to komodo and lifted his pay two fold, which followed by a slight squirrel inside the community and dismissal of that freelancer.
Activity: 518

That's very nice to see this project . I will join this project . I want to ask if I can buy some BTCDs on the exchange for swap and voting election now?
and How long will the swap finish ? May I leave BTCDs on the exchange or not? Thank you.
[/quote]

Yes you can buy BTCDs on Poloniex exchange and use for the swap and the elections.   And the swap lasts 365 days from yesterday.  But you must move your BTCD from the exchange to the ICO site if you want to participate in elections.

Read my post above with all the numbers that shows how buying BTCD right now gets you something like 60% more KMD, per BTC, spent than the end of the ICO got you.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Schedule

- ICO Site BTCD deposit enabled 8.1.2017
- Subsidiy field gets locked for candidates 13.1 3PM UTC
- BTCD Snapshot 15.1 (block xxxxxxxx)
- Elections begin 15.1 3pm UTC
- Elections finish 29.1 3pm UTC
- KMD distribution 31.1 3pm UTC

You can now deposit BTCD to our ICO site, and then you will automatically take part in the snapshot for REVS asset, and afterwards your BTCD will be automatically swapped for KMD. Once you deposit your BTCD to the ICO site you cannot undo it. If you deposit, you will agree to get KMD in return.

The BTCD snapshot will happen at some point during that day. Instead of a time it will be some specific block. We are not sure yet which block it is. We can more accurately say the block/time a little bit later. In any case it will happen 15.1, and we will try to time it to happen around 3pm UTC.

Support is delayed today

Your dear community manger is travelling today and have very limited time to answer questions. We are sorry for the situation, but we ensure you that all the questions in twitter/facebook, etc will be answered on Monday.

We have had delays enough, so we thought it is important to move forward with the plan as it become technically possible. This day will be a bit chaotic.

What is the difference between REVS snapshot and KMD swap?

These two are two different things:

I'll try to clear out all the uncertainty & misunderstandings

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

That's very nice to see this project . I will join this project . I want to ask if I can buy some BTCDs on the exchange for swap and voting election now?
and How long will the swap finish ? May I leave BTCDs on the exchange or not? Thank you.
Activity: 45
How do I do this?
the iguana GUI will be able to convert the ICO passphrase you used into a KMD wif, which can then be imported into both komodod and BitcoinDarkd

Is the Iguana GUI available ?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
How do I do this?

How do I do this?

You have to go to Help - Debug - Console with the Bitcoin QT wallet. I don't understand what private key you would be importing though.  You don't have the one for the KMD address from the ICO site.
How do I do this?
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
Elections are on the way...exciting times.  Shocked

I would appreciate votes on my two nodes. I have been active updating my nodes the past months and like to continue this for the coming year. Be sure to check out my updated candidate-page: https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/farl4bit/

Thanks a lot!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
what is the "Private key" needed to access the REVS asset in future? The 12 word seed in our ICO account? or something else?

You don't need the private key unless you are holding BTCD in your own wallet.  In that case, you need the private key for each BTCD address that has funds in it.  You can get this from using dumpprivkey command from the Console in the BitcoinDark QT wallet.

Everyone who holds BTCD in their local wallet doesn't have any rush to swap, as they will get the REVS asset anyway, and have a lot of time left to swap. The BTCD that has now been deposited is presumably mostly from central exchanges.
Is there already an instruction for the swap from local wallets?
Where should the priv keys be sended to? should all btcd be pooled in one adress only?
when will this process start? right after the snapshot?
thank you

There are no instructions yet, except be sure to be able to access the private keys for the BTCD that you are holding.   And you don't need all the BTCD in one address, although might be simpler for you that way.

I assume that after the snapshot, we move it all to a different public address, because we obviously aren't going to give anyone our private key.  But should still work to get the REVS at that point, even if the balance at that address is 0 after the snapshot.

legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
what is the "Private key" needed to access the REVS asset in future? The 12 word seed in our ICO account? or something else?
It should be the private key of the address(es) in the BTCD Qt-Wallet.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

Everyone who holds BTCD in their local wallet doesn't have any rush to swap, as they will get the REVS asset anyway, and have a lot of time left to swap. The BTCD that has now been deposited is presumably mostly from central exchanges.
Is there already an instruction for the swap from local wallets?
Where should the priv keys be sended to? should all btcd be pooled in one adress only?
when will this process start? right after the snapshot?
thank you
so based on what you said, it is better to swap KMD as early as possible, since the KMD will be lesser if you swap it later?

Yes you receive less and less KMD per BTCD every day, so makes sense to swap it as soon as possible.
Apologies in advance for the newbie question:

I've have just over 21300 KMD on the Komodo ICO platform - I didn't think that this would be so technical, do I just let it sit there? Should I be doing something with it? How do I sell it? How much is it worth?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Courage11

You don't have a choice but to let it sit there for now.  And there is no market price for KMD and we won't know how the market values it until it is officially distributed and traded on some exchanges.
Activity: 22
Where can I read about REVS? I used search and if I got it right it's some kind of asset using its own side chain on top of Komodo. But who is developing it and for what purpose?

In the FAQ there's a section about the REVS: https://komodoplatform.com/faq/

What is the ‘revenue asset’?

For BitcoinDark a certain revenue share was promised from the various projects that compose the overall SuperNET ecosystem. Those revenue shares won’t migrate to Komodo. Instead, the BTCD holders will get an extra asset that will inherit those revenue streams.

The asset is entitled to these revenue streams:

5% of InstantDEX profits
5% of SuperNET profits
5% of crypto777 profits
After the ICO is over, a snapshot of the BTCD blockchain will be taken. With assetchains we have created a new asset called REVS. A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.

Thanks!

One more question.

Total BTC Raised: 2639.03 - Total Market Cap: 12,900 BTC
How is that possible?

You have to add up the market cap of BTCD as valued at the end of the ICO:   

Total BTC raised: 2634.04 BTC
Total BTCD swap: 8392.727 BTC

Total Market Cap: 12,900 BTC

--> KMD exchange rate = 0.000129 BTC/KMD = 7747.9 KMD/BTC
--> BTCD exchange rate = 0.006511 BTC/BTCD = 153.59 BTCD/BTC

By now there's only slightly over 100K BTCD was swapped. Nobody knows how much will be swapped by the end of the year.

Also BTCD capitalization is 5,421 BTC. Where 8392.727 BTC number come from?

We must assume that at the end of the year all BTCD is swapped.

If after 1year it turns out only for example 50% or 80% btcd was swapped, will this lead to additonal KMD pay outs or be beneficial for KMD owners in any other way?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Where can I read about REVS? I used search and if I got it right it's some kind of asset using its own side chain on top of Komodo. But who is developing it and for what purpose?

For BitcoinDark a certain revenue share was promised from the various projects that compose the overall SuperNET ecosystem. Those revenue shares won’t migrate to Komodo. Instead, the BTCD holders will get an extra asset that will inherit those revenue streams.

5% of InstantDEX profits
5% of SuperNET profits
5% of crypto777 profits
After the ICO is over, a snapshot of the BTCD blockchain will be taken. With assetchains we have created a new asset called REVS. A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.

Thanks!

One more question.

How is that possible?

By now there's only slightly over 100K BTCD was swapped. Nobody knows how much will be swapped by the end of the year.

We must assume that at the end of the year all BTCD is swapped.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

5% of InstantDEX profits
5% of SuperNET profits
5% of crypto777 profits

Thanks!

One more question.

How is that possible?

Jump to: