Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 710. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
What happened today made me lose any faith/trust in crypto world.
Markets are highly manipulated.
With the first chance next time, I will sell every coin I hold (aka hodl) go back to fiat and never look back into this scam world.
I know what ever goes up, goes down, but this clearly shows that some people are behind and playing.

By the way, I think poloniex kissed us all.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/feba8750c0d24380ab755eae8a80c1ae.jpeg

Yes of course the BTC market is highly manipulated and I've been saying this was a pump and that there would be a huge drop like this. It's a tough lesson, but all you had to do is look at a historical chart and you would see this is how it plays out every single time.

We will revisit this, as the swap happens automatically when you deposit BTCD. Thus the swap could start as soon as the new features are online. More info will come after we have tested the ICO site.

You have been posting that timetable for months.  Don't you think perhaps you should keep to it?

Be sure to give us a week's notice for the BTCD snapshot if nothing else.
Activity: 666
What happened today made me lose any faith/trust in crypto world.
Markets are highly manipulated.
With the first chance next time, I will sell every coin I hold (aka hodl) go back to fiat and never look back into this scam world.
I know what ever goes up, goes down, but this clearly shows that some people are behind and playing.

By the way, I think poloniex kissed us all.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/feba8750c0d24380ab755eae8a80c1ae.jpeg
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
A Happy Announcement!

If we encounter no bugs then the swap will begin very soon (few days). We are now getting prepared for that, and then announce the schedule for elections and KMD distribution.

The swap has not yet started.

Shouldn't the swap start 7 days after the site officially begins to accept BTCD?

"Schedule

- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - 7 days after that BTCD snapshot happens & the swapping begins
 - Elections begin, and last 2 weeks
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed"

We will revisit this, as the swap happens automatically when you deposit BTCD. Thus the swap could start as soon as the new features are online. More info will come after we have tested the ICO site.
A Happy Announcement!

If we encounter no bugs then the swap will begin very soon (few days). We are now getting prepared for that, and then announce the schedule for elections and KMD distribution.

Shouldn't the swap start 7 days after the site officially begins to accept BTCD?

"Schedule

- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed"
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
A Happy Announcement!

The ICO site is finished, and everything appears to be working correctly. Next we will test it carefully and make sure it works. Also some translations are missing.

Great job dev and the whole team. Congratulation for the milestone. Please test it thoroughly before making it available to the public.
This sounds like a good time to repost this that was posted a few times in the past:

"

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

Schedule

- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed

The conclusion

If you buy BTCD it can be swapped at any time. To also receive the REVS asset you need to have a privatekey that contained BTCD during the snapshot. BTCD swap and snapshot are two separate things.

During the year BTCD can be swapped for KMD with the exchange rate we announced: 1 BTCD = 50.448 KMD (However the exchange rate decreases slightly throughout the year because BTCD staking expands the supply)

'
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
A Happy Announcement!

The ICO site is finished, and everything appears to be working correctly. Next we will test it carefully and make sure it works. Also some translations are missing.

This is great news. Looking forward to swapping BTCD.
For anyone who needs BTCD before swap, we are lucky and there is a big seller on Poloniex offering 3500+ BTCD at .00310.  This is a pretty big drop from the price of the past few days.  I don't know what they are thinking but I bought some of it and once that wall is eaten up, the price will probably rise rapidly.  There is only about 4 BTC going up to .00418 which is obviously a much worse rate.

But at .00310 BTCD/BTC, that means you get about 323 BTCD per BTC and 16,273 KMD per BTC from the BTCD swap.  That is compared to 7746.522 from the ICO, so more than twice as much.

Set Your Ideas Free
I have already enough BTCD to be swapped . Just waiting for activation in ICO dashboard and bounties from signature campaign for me to know my total stake at Komodo,

I have a question, will poloniex help people to swap like neos coins swap before, and nxt to ardr, so if that is possible, poloniex may list kmd trading pair

No, everyone must swap their BTCD's themselves. They can be sent from an exchange to our ICO site once it is online.
Set Your Ideas Free
A Happy Announcement!

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
I have already enough BTCD to be swapped . Just waiting for activation in ICO dashboard and bounties from signature campaign for me to know my total stake at Komodo,

I have a question, will poloniex help people to swap like neos coins swap before, and nxt to ardr, so if that is possible, poloniex may list kmd trading pair
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Is the BTCD swap happening yet?
legendary
Activity: 1205

Great preparation mate!  Cheesy

Now it's waiting until everything falls into place regarding the election, swap and launch of Komodo.
Activity: 910
Activity: 51
Merit: 10
Soooo... Will Komodo be tradable on any exchanges any time soon? If not can I have my Bitcoin back? Lol

Still waiting for BTCD deposit to be enabled on ICO site and then 1 week for the snapshot.  Then 2 weeks after that for node elections and then KMD distribution. So even if BTCD deposit is announced right this moment, it's still at least another 3 weeks before anybody receives KMD. So the answer is >3 weeks.

If you're needing to free up funds within the next 3 weeks, I don't see it being unreasonable to ask for a refund since this has been an inconvenient delay on the development team's part.  We're all just kind of stuck waiting.

Well, I guess I was half kidding due to the price of BTC skyrocketing, but to think of my 1 BTC which at the time of my investment in Komodo was worth $640 now being worth almost $1,200, maybe I'm not kidding haha

That's the risk with alts, you're probably going to lose on most of them but with a couple you'll get your 20 to 30x. Numbers game

Thats not quite right is it. If they have taken more than $1,000,000,- of people's money they need to deliver or pay back. You can't just run off with millions and not deliver. If there are significant delays they should offer a refund.
Activity: 247
Soooo... Will Komodo be tradable on any exchanges any time soon? If not can I have my Bitcoin back? Lol

Still waiting for BTCD deposit to be enabled on ICO site and then 1 week for the snapshot.  Then 2 weeks after that for node elections and then KMD distribution. So even if BTCD deposit is announced right this moment, it's still at least another 3 weeks before anybody receives KMD. So the answer is >3 weeks.

If you're needing to free up funds within the next 3 weeks, I don't see it being unreasonable to ask for a refund since this has been an inconvenient delay on the development team's part.  We're all just kind of stuck waiting.

Well, I guess I was half kidding due to the price of BTC skyrocketing, but to think of my 1 BTC which at the time of my investment in Komodo was worth $640 now being worth almost $1,200, maybe I'm not kidding haha

That's the risk with alts, you're probably going to lose on most of them but with a couple you'll get your 20 to 30x. Numbers game
So this is probably a dumb question, but is KMD Proof of Stake, like BTCD is?   Will we earn additional KMD just by holding KMD in our wallets?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

Activity: 391

Jump to: