Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 713. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 251
Presale Starting May 1st
Activity: 716
Merit: 500
Is there a specific eta for when Komodo will be released I seen maybe 3 weeks just seeing is there a specific date announced?

There isn't yet. The situation has been the same: we are waiting for the ICO website to support BTCD deposit, so we can take the snapshot, start the swap, and then start the elections. This delay has given time for jl777 to code DEX features into KMD/notary nodes, so now it looks like there's no need for any hardforks after we have launched.

Thanks for the update just wanted to know will I'm not in no rush just hope on launch everything runs smooth with it being this long for release
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
nice coin, i am watching it, happy new year  Cheesy
Activity: 518
I have been watching and trading BTCD lately, and I view it as obviously the only way to buy/trade KMD at the moment.  Because of course one can trade 1 BTC for 50.4488 KMD.  So current market price of KMD right now is effectively  .000069357 BTC or $0.07117.    Of course when KMD itself hits the exchanges, it won't be exactly that price, but this is the best we can do right now.

The only exchange trading BTCD with any volume at all is Poloniex.  The price has moved up on there recently in USD terms, but fallen a bit in BTC terms. 

Right now there are a couple of sell walls at about .0036 BTC and will be interesting to see if those are pulled or eaten away. I hope they are still there when BTCD swap date is announced exactly to see what happens at that point.  There isn't that much bid support for BTCD at Polo, but can't see that it will drop much more, considering that would just make for some bargain KMD that would get bought up and price would rise again.

Anyway, looking forward to KMD launch, but would rather the Devs take their time and do it right than rush out something that isn't ready.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
There was a Iguana Desktop app update from Satinder!

Quote from: grewalsatinder
Fixed some Iguana Desktop issues in latest github commits:
- iguana daemon now starts via _Shepherd API_ which will be playing the role of daemon master to control daemons like `iguana` and `komodod`. It’s development came out of need to manage `komodod` process which will allow running Assetchains, PAX Fiatchains. It’ll also allow users to easily create Assetchains via GUI with just few clicks etc. once _Shepherd API_ is complete, which is not so far.
- _Shepherd API_ fixed some previous known issues of Iguana Desktop app acting frozen after some time, as `iguana` daemon uses max open files limit and the previous implementation wasn’t handling it as well as this new approach.
- iguana daemon gracefully exits when the app quits/exit.
- User’s in previous version could not copy/paste etc to Iguana Desktop App. In latest updates made common desktop app menu items visible and this allows users to copy/paste passphrase to/from production desktop app.
- EasyDEX-GUI now uses ONLY secure API calls to interact with iguana daemon. Means the previous possible attack vectors won’t be possible with latest updated app.

New bugs to fix:
- I still found some bugs on Linux Machine when running a production version. The app kinda goes into loop, closing loading window and opening a new instances of loading windows, which then again open further main windows, and this loop eventually ends up freezing whole Linux OS. Working on it right now to fix and troubleshoot the issue. In dev environment this issue doesn’t even occur and the app runs smooth as. On OS X I haven’t seen this issue either in dev or production version. Yet to test Windows production app, and observe it’s behaviour.

Next tasks to do:
- Enable native komodod for OS X and Linux machines. That will allow running native komodod making possible for users to do both Private and Transparent transactions in Komodo.
- Check the conf file settings and fix them automatically if the required settings are not there, like server=1, rpcuser, rpcpassword etc for komodo.conf and for any Assetchain or PAXFiat chain conf files.
- Modify EasyDEX-GUI’s Login screen to allow user to select the options between Native Komodo mode (which runs via komodod daemon), Full mode& Basilisk mode (which runs via iguana). And condition this to show only for OS X and Linux for now.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I was a signature participants and I opt for KMD payment, can I participate in voting? as far as I know signature participants are not going to get their tokens any soon,does it mean we would not be able to vote?

The KMD bounties and payments will be done after the election, so you cannot vote with them. This includes the KMD salary/bounty payments our team members will receive, which means the elections are decided by the investors.

Why do we need 2 weeks for notary node elections?  This is the first election and as it appears, all the candidates are very likely going to get elected. So what's the point in making the process that long?

The elections are important, and we must give enough time for everyone to participate. No ninja elections Smiley

We understand that everyone would like to see KMD on the markets, but basically there's no real rush to do this. We want to make sure we get a good network up with quality notary noes, thus 2 week elections.

Can one of the leaders give some more detailed information about the Snapshot stuff

Certainly!

I'll try to clear out all the uncertainty & misunderstandings

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

Schedule

- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - 7 days after that BTCD snapshot happens & the swapping begins
 - Elections begin, and last 2 weeks
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed

The conclusion

If you buy BTCD it can be swapped at any time. To also receive the REVS asset you need to have a privatekey that contained BTCD during the snapshot. BTCD swap and snapshot are two separate things.

During the year BTCD can be swapped for KMD with the exchange rate we announced: 1 BTCD = 50.448 KMD (However the exchange rate decreases slightly throughout the year because BTCD staking expands the supply)
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I would like to get into my account, however since today my 2fa keeps on getting an error, is there a way anyone from the staff could help me with getting 2fa reset or disable it for my account or get in working  again, the 2fa was kind of glitchy to begin with on the the ico site,I'm using my 2fa for dozens of other websites without issues.

Thx

rnr
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Can one of the leaders give some more detailed information about the Snapshot stuff

I´m not a leader, but here you can find the entire FAQ:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17353166

Team Komodo Ninja

provide you

abstract of FAQ
regarding Komodo (KMD), BitcoinDark (BTCD), Snapshot and Revenue Asset!

Last Update: 09. January 2017

Please retweet/follow at

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I had the same thought about byteball, if Komodo can't run itself on the bitcoin that we all put up for this project, then it should have refunded every one of us and said "sorry guys, we can't make this thing fly". It shouldn't have to rely on the byteballs. Giving them back to the komodo investors would have been an awesome loyalty move that has been missed. Now a lot of Komodo investors are (rightly or wrongly) thinking "f*ck you komodo, can't wait to dump my tokens as soon as I can.

Let's not forget the yes, nodes are expensive but btc has just taken a huge hike in value. JL777 is no fool when it comes to crypto trading and I assume he's moving them about for optimum profit and to maximise the budget.

I just think the BB cost nothing so wouldn't cost anything to give them away.

I write this as someone who linked a large amount of btc to the BB project so I'm holding long term. I'm not writing this as someone who missed out on that unique project.

I'm not expecting this post to be addressed by the team as it's been dealt with previously, I just wanted to express my thoughts on the matter.

There are a few assumptions here that I am not sure are correct.

First of all, the assumption that it wont cost anything to distribute the BB is incorrect as I am not aware of any built in BB dividend function that can take a snapshot of KMD balance and allocate some amount of BB to it

which means somebody would have to code this. there arent exactly a long line of volunteers who are prepared to create a production usable BB dividend mechanism.

which means it would take time and cost money and also necessarily delay core komodo functionality as it is likely that the staffing needed to do this are already on critical paths. So there would definitely be direct costs and an indeterminate amount of indefinite costs.

Now, I am not sure what market value the KMD's BB stake will be worth. If the value of the BB is 10 to 50 BTC, then after netting out the cost for running the dividend, there wont be that much left over, ie 10 BTC / 100 million -> 10 satoshis per KMD.

So for every 10 BTC of BB value, it is a whopping extra 10 satoshis per KMD. To put this into perspective, if you have 10 million KMD, it will be worth 1 BTC. If you have 1 BTC worth of KMD, it will be worth about .001 BTC

Now, whatever value the BB has it will go toward enhancing KMD, so investors are getting value from it. Based on my estimates the costs for doing the distribution will be in the same order as the value. The only way I would do it is if I had promised that I would and it was an obligation to do so. However, I said that we had to raise the higher end of the ICO for us to do the BB distribution.

What we raised was not sufficient to qualify as the higher end of ICO and we have already had to reduce the notary node subsidies due to this. So it is not like we are swimming in so much money that we can take time and effort away from the main KMD work, to send out money that we would have been be able to use.

Anyway, this question has been asked and answered. Events turned out to not trigger any BB dividend. There are costs associated with doing a dividend and even if I didnt already say that I wouldnt do it, given the current information I have, I still wouldnt do it.

My obligation is to the KMD investors, which means increasing the value of KMD and not spending time and effort distributing out funds that we could very well use in future years. Also, what many seem to forget/ignore is that I stated what conditions were needed to trigger the BB distribution DURING the ICO. To me, that means that people invested in the ICO with the assumption that I would do what I said. If I change that, then it breaks trust with the investors.

Please do not ask me to break trust with the investors. I simply cannot consider it.

Fair points raised jl777. I'd just like to mention that I have no intention of selling my komodo, I just feel many might use the BB objection to do just that.

I see WAVES sold their truck load of BBs for 35btc. Considering the amount they received, that price seems way too cheap. I sold 200GB for 4BTC so maybe they think BB will crash and burn. Anyhow, for the aid of transparency, would the komodo dev team let the community know how many BB they received and keep us updated when they choose to sell and the amount of BTC received and what line items receive the revenue?

Why should they do that? You either trust them or, you don't.

I have no problems disclosing the amount of BB we received as I assume it is automatically calculated and would take little effort. You can probably just look it up on the byteball site.

However, to setup some special accounting process with dedicated accounts, etc. to report on the disposition of ~4 BTC worth of BB seems like a lot of effort over a very small amount. My estimate was BB is worth ~10BTC, if WAVES did sell theirs for 35BTC, it is closer to 4BTC.

It is a matter of resource allocation not lack of transparency. You can all see the ICO address to verify the vast majority of funds are still there, we maintain a frugal attitude towards the funds.
You guys who are whining about not getting Byteball from KMD are distracting jl777 from doing their work and finishing development, so we can get KMD going to begin with.  Maybe that is your plan, but if it isn't and you have funds in the ICO, then you are engaging in actions that are counter productive to your own financial health.

Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
I had the same thought about byteball, if Komodo can't run itself on the bitcoin that we all put up for this project, then it should have refunded every one of us and said "sorry guys, we can't make this thing fly". It shouldn't have to rely on the byteballs. Giving them back to the komodo investors would have been an awesome loyalty move that has been missed. Now a lot of Komodo investors are (rightly or wrongly) thinking "f*ck you komodo, can't wait to dump my tokens as soon as I can.

Let's not forget the yes, nodes are expensive but btc has just taken a huge hike in value. JL777 is no fool when it comes to crypto trading and I assume he's moving them about for optimum profit and to maximise the budget.

I write this as someone who linked a large amount of btc to the BB project so I'm holding long term. I'm not writing this as someone who missed out on that unique project.

I'm not expecting this post to be addressed by the team as it's been dealt with previously, I just wanted to express my thoughts on the matter.

First of all, the assumption that it wont cost anything to distribute the BB is incorrect as I am not aware of any built in BB dividend function that can take a snapshot of KMD balance and allocate some amount of BB to it

which means somebody would have to code this. there arent exactly a long line of volunteers who are prepared to create a production usable BB dividend mechanism.

which means it would take time and cost money and also necessarily delay core komodo functionality as it is likely that the staffing needed to do this are already on critical paths. So there would definitely be direct costs and an indeterminate amount of indefinite costs.

Now, I am not sure what market value the KMD's BB stake will be worth. If the value of the BB is 10 to 50 BTC, then after netting out the cost for running the dividend, there wont be that much left over, ie 10 BTC / 100 million -> 10 satoshis per KMD.

So for every 10 BTC of BB value, it is a whopping extra 10 satoshis per KMD. To put this into perspective, if you have 10 million KMD, it will be worth 1 BTC. If you have 1 BTC worth of KMD, it will be worth about .001 BTC

Now, whatever value the BB has it will go toward enhancing KMD, so investors are getting value from it. Based on my estimates the costs for doing the distribution will be in the same order as the value. The only way I would do it is if I had promised that I would and it was an obligation to do so. However, I said that we had to raise the higher end of the ICO for us to do the BB distribution.

What we raised was not sufficient to qualify as the higher end of ICO and we have already had to reduce the notary node subsidies due to this. So it is not like we are swimming in so much money that we can take time and effort away from the main KMD work, to send out money that we would have been be able to use.

Anyway, this question has been asked and answered. Events turned out to not trigger any BB dividend. There are costs associated with doing a dividend and even if I didnt already say that I wouldnt do it, given the current information I have, I still wouldnt do it.

My obligation is to the KMD investors, which means increasing the value of KMD and not spending time and effort distributing out funds that we could very well use in future years. Also, what many seem to forget/ignore is that I stated what conditions were needed to trigger the BB distribution DURING the ICO. To me, that means that people invested in the ICO with the assumption that I would do what I said. If I change that, then it breaks trust with the investors.

Please do not ask me to break trust with the investors. I simply cannot consider it.

Fair points raised jl777. I'd just like to mention that I have no intention of selling my komodo, I just feel many might use the BB objection to do just that.

I see WAVES sold their truck load of BBs for 35btc. Considering the amount they received, that price seems way too cheap. I sold 200GB for 4BTC so maybe they think BB will crash and burn. Anyhow, for the aid of transparency, would the komodo dev team let the community know how many BB they received and keep us updated when they choose to sell and the amount of BTC received and what line items receive the revenue?

Why should they do that? You either trust them or, you don't.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
Is there any working roadmap for this project, it been months now that the ICO has been concluded but there is no actual date that token distribution will take place, no working windows wallet and to me it seems the developer only cares about swapping his tokens for KMD, leaving the actual ICO investors to fend for themselves

Didn't the ICO conclude on Nov 20th?   How do you figure that it's been "months" since then?

Is that the best you can do, calling 5 weeks, "months"Huh  Sorry, but no one is taking you seriously.

Either he needs to learn to read or, go troll somewhere else...
Activity: 391
Why do we need 2 weeks for notary node elections?  This is the first election and as it appears, all the candidates are very likely going to get elected. So what's the point in making the process that long?
Activity: 515
Merit: 502
I've been playing with the easydex gui for Iguana and it's a sight to behold. And more juicy Supernet features will come in 2017.

Imagine what it would do for Komodo if just 5% of Bitcoin users starts using Iguana as wallet...  Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
it's nice to see this page . I expect all KMD coins will be distributed in Janauary,2017.
That will be very great to get more earning from this project in the new year.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
I was a signature participants and I opt for KMD payment, can I participate in voting? as far as I know signature participants are not going to get their tokens any soon,does it mean we would not be able to vote?
Is there any working roadmap for this project, it been months now that the ICO has been concluded but there is no actual date that token distribution will take place, no working windows wallet and to me it seems the developer only cares about swapping his tokens for KMD, leaving the actual ICO investors to fend for themselves

Didn't the ICO conclude on Nov 20th?   How do you figure that it's been "months" since then?

Is that the best you can do, calling 5 weeks, "months"Huh  Sorry, but no one is taking you seriously.
Jump to: