Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 772. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
I must say, I'm impressed with the pace James writes new code and debugs it.

It's exciting to see many of the BitcoinDark/SuperNET projects finally coming together under Komodo.

BitMex futures are predicting a 30 December market cap of ~200000 BTC for ZEC
https://www.bitmex.com/app/trade/ZECZ16

KMD has the Zcash anon tech, even greater hashpower security through DPow with Bitcoin, and more Supernet tech like assetchains, easydex, iguana.

KMD market cap is only 9000 BTC right now.  This is obviously a winning pick.  I'm putting my money where my mouth is and transferring more BTC to my komodoplatform.com account this week.

Nice strategy I may say. If only btc price settles down to a more stable amount sooner. I am going to put another batch.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
Is this correct?, it states that the minimum amount per transaction to deposit bitcoin is 0.0777 when you login to https://ico.komodoplatform.com/

Yes, the minimum is 0.0777 BTC.

If you send below that amount, then you can do another payment to match it, so that the total goes over 0.0777 BTC.

Cool, thanks for the info.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Is this correct?, it states that the minimum amount per transaction to deposit bitcoin is 0.0777 when you login to https://ico.komodoplatform.com/

Yes, the minimum is 0.0777 BTC.

If you send below that amount, then you can do another payment to match it, so that the total goes over 0.0777 BTC.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
move that crypto
I must say, I'm impressed with the pace James writes new code and debugs it.

It's exciting to see many of the BitcoinDark/SuperNET projects finally coming together under Komodo.

BitMex futures are predicting a 30 December market cap of ~200000 BTC for ZEC
https://www.bitmex.com/app/trade/ZECZ16

KMD has the Zcash anon tech, even greater hashpower security through DPow with Bitcoin, and more Supernet tech like assetchains, easydex, iguana.

KMD market cap is only 9000 BTC right now.  This is obviously a winning pick.  I'm putting my money where my mouth is and transferring more BTC to my komodoplatform.com account this week.
Set Your Ideas Free
Will there be any effect on the development of the coin if the ICO doesn't meet the goal?

The minimum goal is already met!

jl777 mentioned that even with 2000 BTC we might have to decrease the notarization costs by having less then 64 notary nodes, so that we can get more funds into development.

Yes we have reached the minimum! But of course more funding would ensure more development and all the 64 notary nodes with a decent notarization speed.

I only have very basic knowledge on programming but I want to know what happens if Komodo have less than 64 notary nodes? That means lower notarization speed? So meaning if ICO won't reach the projected amount we will get a lower quality Komodo?

Komodo block time is 1 minute, Bitcoin blocktime is ~10 minutes. Ideally we would have one Komodo notarization per bitcoin block. That means we would do the notarization every 10th Komodo block (that is the current plan). However we can decrease the costs of notarization by decreasing the notarization speed, for example every 20th Komodo block.

We also have the option to decrease the amount of notary nodes, which would also bring the costs down. Ideally we would like to have 64 of them, but less would get the job done also.

It's all about balancing between notarization costs vs development costs.
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
Will there be any effect on the development of the coin if the ICO doesn't meet the goal?

jl777 mentioned that even with 2000 BTC we might have to decrease the notarization costs by having less then 64 notary nodes, so that we can get more funds into development.

Yes we have reached the minimum! But of course more funding would ensure more development and all the 64 notary nodes with a decent notarization speed.

I only have very basic knowledge on programming but I want to know what happens if Komodo have less than 64 notary nodes? That means lower notarization speed? So meaning if ICO won't reach the projected amount we will get a lower quality Komodo?
Set Your Ideas Free

Activity: 913
Merit: 664

Activity: 444
legendary
Activity: 1554
Are people really investing in this coin after ZEC???
Says the ICO whore, with questionable involvement in multiple ICO's.  Lips sealed

With a trust rating as shocking as yours, you really dont have a right to question anything in crypto anymore.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=164164   (click 'show ratings' on left of page).
legendary
Activity: 1120
Are people really investing in this coin after ZEC???
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Everything you want, is everything you need.
Will think about buying more on launch depending on how everything goes

Me too, i will choose to buy after ico, because i estimate this project will break ico price, and go dip.

Its usually the case for most projects. At launch it can be high but then it dips down, if lucky go up and steady and then roller coaster from then on.
Activity: 306

Me too, i will choose to buy after ico, because i estimate this project will break ico price, and go dip.
Activity: 716
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1190
I put a fraction of a Bitcoin into the ICO....but only because I misread the ICO page.
The ICO is capped at 30,000 BTC???
I thought it was 3000.  Guess I'll have to wear my glasses next time.

30,000??? For real?

Yup there is no limit to greed of some devs.

and to top it up 5000 BTC worth of BTCD swap to further dilute the ico investors reward.

Luckily I only put a fraction of a bitcoin in as a "test". Had I not misread it I would have just watched

Lol. This conversation seems like a blatant attempt to discourage people from investing and diluting your total receivable amount. Lol.

I also invested and would prefer as an investor if others did not = more for me.

But I am not going to post ridiculous and meaningless posts about 30k btc caps. A lot of ICOs have NO CAP. This ICO has a cap it will NEVER reach. Not even close. So your comments are RIDICULOUS and make you look like you don't know what you are talking about. Stop FUDing. Just stop.

Well mine was an honest mistake. I just didn't think anyone would put a 30,000 BTC cap on it when other quite decent coins were able to fund themselves with much much less.

30,000 BTC is about $20M USD, and this amount seems excessive.
What would the devs spend $20M USD on?
Why even put a cap on if it is going to be so high?

Even in the ICO link now it doesn't have a comma, and I think a comma would help. It has 30000 coins, whereas it could have 30,000 coins. I think that would be helpful.

Even this post  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16734523  has 30 000. with a space to make it clear.

I actually wish the developers well, and hope the project succeeds.

I will say that if the ICO funds are anywhere near the present amount towards the end of the ICO period  I will be buying more.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
It's amazing the amount of features this coin is going to offer and if launch is successful it'll stand out, but I'm not sure from an investment perspective if it's worth joining ICO with such an already inflated market cap.
Set Your Ideas Free

You can update your calculators!

35% bonus 500 BTC
30% bonus 0 BTC
25% bonus 980 BTC
20% bonus 606.84 BTC

It's again time to update the calculator, how many Bitcoin for the 15% bonus?

Oh yeah!  Cool

35% bonus 500 BTC
30% bonus 0 BTC
25% bonus 980 BTC
20% bonus 606.84 BTC
15% bonus 286.70 BTC
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
I put a fraction of a Bitcoin into the ICO....but only because I misread the ICO page.
I thought it was 3000.  Guess I'll have to wear my glasses next time.

30,000??? For real?

and to top it up 5000 BTC worth of BTCD swap to further dilute the ico investors reward.

Luckily I only put a fraction of a bitcoin in as a "test". Had I not misread it I would have just watched

Lol. This conversation seems like a blatant attempt to discourage people from investing and diluting your total receivable amount. Lol.

I also invested and would prefer as an investor if others did not = more for me.

But I am not going to post ridiculous and meaningless posts about 30k btc caps. A lot of ICOs have NO CAP. This ICO has a cap it will NEVER reach. Not even close. So your comments are RIDICULOUS and make you look like you don't know what you are talking about. Stop FUDing. Just stop.
legendary
Activity: 1190
I thought it was 3000.  Guess I'll have to wear my glasses next time.

30,000??? For real?

Jump to: