Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 851. (Read 1191989 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Let's then go half way and set max CAP to 10 to 15 k BTC, it covers all levels mentioned below.

What is the minimum quantity of BTC that needs to be raised to make the project viable?
It depends on what level of the project you mean. There are the mission critical parts, like paying for bitcoin fees and notary nodes.

1000 would be enough for a reduced bitcoin notarization frequency and smaller number of notary nodes, but not a lot of development.

5000 would allow to have the fastest bitcoin notarization frequency, all 64 notary nodes and staff up a group of C coders and GUI devs fulltime for some years

10000 would allow having many LP nodes all fully funded for the lowest trading spreads and many liquid trading pairs

Above this would allow a warchest that can make opportunistic trades, arbitrages and other means to generate working capital and set up a very long term organization of the above. Along with some large scale marketing. Of course, even at the lower funds raised we will be doing marketing, but with a limited budget.

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Good points, but lets add missing puzzles to the context:

1. Not only the amount of money predicts success but also how well you manage and spend it. Can you share costs plans? If not, then it's strong argument against trust. Also if you have it but is not justified. Sorry I know from dev point of view is waste of time, but it is pro business approach.

2. As important as funds are current community voices. If many people feels it's not fair then it will propagate like that. That's the nature of things in here.

So maybe there is an option in between  that will:

1. stop BTCD investors complaining
and
2. make them spread good vote for KMD

to make win-win ?

I think it's worth noting here that many coins go 3x on ICO market cap after launch. There are no guarantees of this, of course, and many factors involved. Ethereum and Waves were/are slow burners, others have gone 10x, but seen far more volatility.
Point is that BTCD investors get a 50% bonus, and then get to enjoy any price rise on ICO that comes from launch. If your concerns are solely financial, this seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Good points. We certainly dont want to get into making any specific market predictions, but I think it makes sense to do a few hypothetical "dilution" scenarios.

For example at the max raised, over any other scenario, the BTCD holders arguably are "diluted" the most. Of course if the .0053 price is considered a fair price, there is absolutely no dilution, but there seems to be a sense that some massive price boost would have happened absent the conversion price.

Why?

Probably the general price increases of many other privacy oriented cryptos, you know what I am talking about. OK, so which komodo has a better chance to achieve 50% marketcap of the highest marketcap privacy crypto? The komodo which raised the max or half the max?

It is worth to note that if 50% of the highest marketcap can be reached, then it is indeed more than 3x gain from the max amount.

How likely is this? Well, that is a probability evaluation investors will have to make, especially if the funds raised starts growing toward the max amount.

What chance does komodo which uses the zcash zkp tech secured by bitcoin of achieving half the market cap?

And investors can wait to see a working testnet, working iguana GUI, to get a better handle on the technical risk. BTCD holders further get an entire year before making the conversion decision.

We have tried to make things as fair as possible for everyone and they say a good sign of a fair deal is that everybody is complaining.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 500
Its not but who cares? The discussions here or in BTCD-Thread dont lead to anything. The script for that film is written. We can only decide whether we watch it or not.

Btw. It makes a BIG difference for someone who wanna invest if there is 90% of 100Mio for ICO or 50%-70%. And i assume that you and James know that.

Sorry for raging but iam deeply disappointed.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Howcome it's wrong?
Because of
[...]
The swapping process will take place after the ICO
[...]
And in the graphic it shows 90% for ICO.

Maybe i missunderstand it.. dont know.

Ok, maybe the role of BTCD is little unclear when looking at that graphic.  Undecided It's just a simple graphic to demonstrate the basic characteristics of the ICO.

Anyway, I hope everything is clear now.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
I think it's worth noting here that many coins go 3x on ICO market cap after launch. There are no guarantees of this, of course, and many factors involved. Ethereum and Waves were/are slow burners, others have gone 10x, but seen far more volatility.
Point is that BTCD investors get a 50% bonus, and then get to enjoy any price rise on ICO that comes from launch. If your concerns are solely financial, this seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Good points. We certainly dont want to get into making any specific market predictions, but I think it makes sense to do a few hypothetical "dilution" scenarios.

For example at the max raised, over any other scenario, the BTCD holders arguably are "diluted" the most. Of course if the .0053 price is considered a fair price, there is absolutely no dilution, but there seems to be a sense that some massive price boost would have happened absent the conversion price.

Why?

Probably the general price increases of many other privacy oriented cryptos, you know what I am talking about. OK, so which komodo has a better chance to achieve 50% marketcap of the highest marketcap privacy crypto? The komodo which raised the max or half the max?

It is worth to note that if 50% of the highest marketcap can be reached, then it is indeed more than 3x gain from the max amount.

How likely is this? Well, that is a probability evaluation investors will have to make, especially if the funds raised starts growing toward the max amount.

What chance does komodo which uses the zcash zkp tech secured by bitcoin of achieving half the market cap?

And investors can wait to see a working testnet, working iguana GUI, to get a better handle on the technical risk. BTCD holders further get an entire year before making the conversion decision.

We have tried to make things as fair as possible for everyone and they say a good sign of a fair deal is that everybody is complaining.

I remember you predicted that SuperNET will go 3x to 10x after the ICO ends.  That never happened, not even close.  You tend to be overly optimistic with your predictions.  I do appreciate the optimism, but this paints the wrong picture for investors.

The fact is that the dilution is pretty much a guarantee with this ICO.  The Komodo price potential is not. So you have to understand the skepticism.  The risks clearly outweigh the benefits at this point in time, so no, I don't believe it is a great deal.  

BTCD holders don't really have a choice but to swap in order to minimize loss, because let's face it, who wouldn't swap knowing that BTCD will be dev-less after Komodo launches.  Whereas the BTC investors have a choice of if and when to buy into the ICO, with the risks decreasing as the ICO comes to the close.  So there is definitely an imbalance there.  The only consolation is the revshare asset, which also has no guaranteed price potential, and the possible long term holder bonus.

I'm not trying to whine or complain.  I realize that in any crypto project, the risks always outweigh the possible benefits and that's just something we all have to accept.  But to say that this is a good deal to BTCD holders is inaccurate and misleading.
Set Your Ideas Free
So BTCD-Swap is included in the 90%? Your graphic on page1 is wrong then.

Howcome it's wrong?

We will do the BTCD/KMD swaps out of that 90M KMD. The BTCD's have a fixed rate of 0.00532 BTC/BTCD, and they will be counted as if they were invested in the ICO.

-> the BTCD/KMD and BTC/KMD exchange rates depends on how much money we rise. We only know that after the ICO ends.

I though there is a 1 year redeem time?

Yes there is!

When the ICO is over we can calculate how many KMD out of those 90M we will send to those who invested BTC, and then the rest will be left for those who swap BTCD to KMD.

The swapping will begin about two weeks after the ICO ends, and will last for one full year.

Is everything now clear?  Smiley

See also: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers
Howcome it's wrong?
Because of
[...]
The swapping process will take place after the ICO
[...]
And in the graphic it shows 90% for ICO.

Maybe i missunderstand it.. dont know.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

Howcome it's wrong?

We will do the BTCD/KMD swaps out of that 90M KMD. The BTCD's have a fixed rate of 0.00532 BTC/BTCD, and they will be counted as if they were invested in the ICO.

-> the BTCD/KMD and BTC/KMD exchange rates depends on how much money we rise. We only know that after the ICO ends.

I though there is a 1 year redeem time?
Set Your Ideas Free

Howcome it's wrong?

Activity: 666
James I have another question.
There are going to be 100 million KMD for ICO
Let's say (in simple way) there are 1000 people who give 1 BTC each. Will they get 100,000 KMD each (100 million / 1000)
and if there are 30000 people who give 1 BTC each they get 3333 KMD each?

In other words all of those 100 million will go to those who buy?

90 % of the Komodo coins are distributed to investors (BTC+BTCD)
10 % will be reserved for development, advisers and bounties

So yes, you got the basic idea! The supply is fixed, but we don't know yet how much money Komodo raises.

Thanks!  Smiley
Set Your Ideas Free
Let's say (in simple way) there are 1000 people who give 1 BTC each. Will they get 100,000 KMD each (100 million / 1000)

90 % of the Komodo coins are distributed to investors (BTC+BTCD)
10 % will be reserved for development, advisers and bounties

So yes, you got the basic idea! The supply is fixed, but we don't know yet how much money Komodo raises.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
What is the minimum quantity of BTC that needs to be raised to make the project viable?
It depends on what level of the project you mean. There are the mission critical parts, like paying for bitcoin fees and notary nodes.

1000 would be enough for a reduced bitcoin notarization frequency and smaller number of notary nodes, but not a lot of development.

5000 would allow to have the fastest bitcoin notarization frequency, all 64 notary nodes and staff up a group of C coders and GUI devs fulltime for some years

10000 would allow having many LP nodes all fully funded for the lowest trading spreads and many liquid trading pairs

Above this would allow a warchest that can make opportunistic trades, arbitrages and other means to generate working capital and set up a very long term organization of the above. Along with some large scale marketing. Of course, even at the lower funds raised we will be doing marketing, but with a limited budget.

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Hi Folks,

just tuned in. I recently procured some BTCD and now read on the forum about BTCD moving into Komodo? is that true? Will I have the possibility to buy Komodo tokens with BTCD?

Cheers!

Hi there!

We just published extensive article in Steemit: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

All the answers should be there!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Great, will look into it & thanks!
Set Your Ideas Free
Will KMD enter bittrex and/or poloniex?

We have no reason to doubt that it wouldn't, but at the end it is the decision of the exchange.
Will KMD enter bittrex and/or poloniex?
Set Your Ideas Free
Hi Folks,

just tuned in. I recently procured some BTCD and now read on the forum about BTCD moving into Komodo? is that true? Will I have the possibility to buy Komodo tokens with BTCD?

Cheers!

Hi there!

We just published extensive article in Steemit: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

All the answers should be there!

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Jump to: