Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 855. (Read 1191725 times)

Activity: 666
Merit: 500
Where is the promised Anonymous Card?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

In any case you are free to swap or not swap. If you dont swap you will still have the BTCD you have now.

You are so wring here....because of the decision made by you and the Komodo team, we are "forced" to swap and buy into this ICO. Don't you get it???!!! You are ok with market control and dictatorship? Maybe because you are on the inside and will scrape from the 10% premine!

This really irks me how you can laze-faire this whole issue.

No one is forced to swap  as there will be plenty of people willing to buy BTCD. BTCD investors can make an exit, cash out with BTC. When the ICO starts there's no reason for anyone to participate with BTC if buying BTCD is cheaper, thus the BTC/BTCD rate will be fixed.

Oct. 15 -           25% bonus  = 0.00425 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 16-22 -      20% bonus  = 0.00443 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 23-29 -      15% bonus  = 0.00462 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 30-Nov 5 - 10% bonus = 0.00483 BTC/BTCD
Nov 6-12 -         5% bonus   = 0.00506 BTC/BTCD
Nov 13-20 -       0% bonus   = 0.00532 BTC/BTCD

Yes Flyer88..I feel punked too. This is another bait and switch by JL and his buy-ins. Komodo is a tech that will not get finished....look into it more. It will turn out in 1-3 years, near the deadline to swap BTCD, that another swap will come...to fund development of a different reptilian coin. Shameful...I am committed to saving others' BTC investments.

The same fallacy about nothing getting finished is repeated over and over again.

There is progress, and this will get finished. This statement is backed by open source code found from Github and the conversations happening in Slack every day. The claim that there is no progress is only backed by a missing GUI and release.

There will be a release with a GUI before the Komodo ICO starts.
I am following BTCD before even became available 26 months ago.
It is the first day I post negative comments.
What I have seen so far is things that never complete, promises that went into thin air, and plenty of blah blah blah.
Now, I see the same people I believed 2 years ago, trying to raise 30,000 BTC (that's around $20,000,000)
How can I believe they are not going to disappear in a month?

I have no reason to believe anything and anyone anymore.

And, yes, I know! I have seen the movie plenty of times. I am free to leave if I don't like it.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
[...] James has no obligations to you nor BTCD holders in general, and is free to leave at any time like any other open source project. What people need to remember is James did not start this coin but has helped it become relevant.

If he wants to just make Komodo without a BTCD swap he is free to. How would that work out for you holdings?
Thats right, but he pushed BTCD with his statements, that the coin will be a core part of supernet. Thats the reason why the people bought it. Thats the basement of the price. Nobody would believe him anything in the future if he would say now: "Sry guys i will use another coin for supernet" The swap is absolutely necessary. Dont sell it as his good will.

And now the stakes of these buyers get diluted without any discussions or warnings.

I have only a few BTCD which i have bought over a year ago because of james's announcements. Now i feel a little bit.. pranked.

Yes Flyer88..I feel punked too. This is another bait and switch by JL and his buy-ins. Komodo is a tech that will not get finished....look into it more. It will turn out in 1-3 years, near the deadline to swap BTCD, that another swap will come...to fund development of a different reptilian coin. Shameful...I am committed to saving others' BTC investments.

In any case you are free to swap or not swap. If you dont swap you will still have the BTCD you have now.

You are so wring here....because of the decision made by you and the Komodo team, we are "forced" to swap and buy into this ICO. Don't you get it???!!! You are ok with market control and dictatorship? Maybe because you are on the inside and will scrape from the 10% premine!

This really irks me how you can laze-faire this whole issue.
Yes we use the Zcash technology, all credit to them! However, we are not a simple fork as we have added our own technology on top of it. We use NXT style PoS along with a new consensus method called dPoW. The dPoW is an innovation of our own, which will secure Komodo with bitcoin's hashrate (and other coins can secure their blockchains via Komodo).

This is such a convoluted explanation. For all potential investors, please forget about Komodo and simply invest hard in zcash. JL always does this...finds his group of fan-boys who buy into the tech, makes them so excited about something "new" which ends up never getting done and eventually gets hashed into a new ICO....There is no competitive advantage here compared to BTC and zcash for anonymity. This tech will not work.
You do realize that a lot of the real opposition is actually from BTCD supporters right?  This ICO actually affects us the most, not other coins/projects.

I didn't see mention that iguana will be released before end of ICO anywhere, so I must have missed it or it was buried somewhere in here or in slack.  If this could be made more prominent then it would change some things.  Preferably, iguana should be released even before the ICO starts.

Of course, there is this whole other issue of the ICO controlling BTCD market prices for the next months to come and ultimately diluting current BTCD holdings.  But I won't go into that right now.

BTCD holders have a vested interest in this true, but i dont think the real opposition is from BTCD supporters thought.

If it was then logic will dictate their responses (like yours) and not fudding like the rest of them.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to shoot me a DM on slack or PM me here.

Actually, current BTCD holders have the most motive to oppose this ICO.  It is the holders that are directly affected by the price control and eventual dilution of their holdings.  Not Zcash, Monero, or any other coins/projects out there.  Having said that, I wouldn't mind a 1:1 swap, but of course this doesn't bring the team enough guaranteed money.

In regards to the actual Komodo tech, it's hard not to be skeptical given what has happened so far.  It sounds like cool tech, but then it's just another thing that will require extensive testing, a gui, etc and possible delays/drawbacks before it'll be usable by the public.  Who knows how long that will take.  I will wait for Iguana release first, then maybe that will gain back some of the trust.

1:1 swap is not a good idea.
if lets say you have 100btcd you get 100kmd.
But, total BTCD are 20 millions and KMD 200 millions
I would say you should get 2000 KMD

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
[...] James has no obligations to you nor BTCD holders in general, and is free to leave at any time like any other open source project. What people need to remember is James did not start this coin but has helped it become relevant.

If he wants to just make Komodo without a BTCD swap he is free to. How would that work out for you holdings?
Thats right, but he pushed BTCD with his statements, that the coin will be a core part of supernet. Thats the reason why the people bought it. Thats the basement of the price. Nobody would believe him anything in the future if he would say now: "Sry guys i will use another coin for supernet" The swap is absolutely necessary. Dont sell it as his good will.

And now the stakes of these buyers get diluted without any discussions or warnings.

I have only a few BTCD which i have bought over a year ago because of james's announcements. Now i feel a little bit.. pranked.

Sure but does James get out of this? His hard work done for free so the btcd holders can profit from? Why does everyone seem so entitled when most couldnt even bother testing the tech over the last 2 years?

If more people were less concerned about a pump and more of getting it to market, we wouldnt be having this discussion as the tech would be finished by now.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

We will launch mainnet after the Zcash final release, which should happen within 2 weeks after ICO. The certainty of this timeline will be double-checked after we move closer to the ICO. For example,  Zcash testnet beta should begin tomorrow!

This is a huge project, and with any huge projects delays are possible. Delays could come from our end or from Zcash. However, jl777 is confident that the Zcash team is doing great job and will stay in schedule.  At this point, there are no reasons to suspect any delays.

Speaking of which- is there an official stance of the zcash team towards Komodo?

jl777 gets a thank you in section 8 acknowledgements in the following  (https://github.com/zcash/zips/blob/master/protocol/protocol.pdf) so the guys at Zcash certainly have had conversation with him.

Cheers Jon  Wink
legendary
You do realize that a lot of the real opposition is actually from BTCD supporters right?  This ICO actually affects us the most, not other coins/projects.

I didn't see mention that iguana will be released before end of ICO anywhere, so I must have missed it or it was buried somewhere in here or in slack.  If this could be made more prominent then it would change some things.  Preferably, iguana should be released even before the ICO starts.

Of course, there is this whole other issue of the ICO controlling BTCD market prices for the next months to come and ultimately diluting current BTCD holdings.  But I won't go into that right now.

BTCD holders have a vested interest in this true, but i dont think the real opposition is from BTCD supporters thought.

If it was then logic will dictate their responses (like yours) and not fudding like the rest of them.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to shoot me a DM on slack or PM me here.

Actually, current BTCD holders have the most motive to oppose this ICO.  It is the holders that are directly affected by the price control and eventual dilution of their holdings.  Not Zcash, Monero, or any other coins/projects out there.  Having said that, I wouldn't mind a 1:1 swap, but of course this doesn't bring the team enough guaranteed money.

In regards to the actual Komodo tech, it's hard not to be skeptical given what has happened so far.  It sounds like cool tech, but then it's just another thing that will require extensive testing, a gui, etc and possible delays/drawbacks before it'll be usable by the public.  Who knows how long that will take.  I will wait for Iguana release first, then maybe that will gain back some of the trust.

Yep best to wait to see what iguana can do before deciding.
Activity: 1177

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

Actually, current BTCD holders have the most motive to oppose this ICO.  It is the holders that are directly affected by the price control and eventual dilution of their holdings.  Not Zcash, Monero, or any other coins/projects out there.  Having said that, I wouldn't mind a 1:1 swap, but of course this doesn't bring the team enough guaranteed money.

In regards to the actual Komodo tech, it's hard not to be skeptical given what has happened so far.  It sounds like cool tech, but then it's just another thing that will require extensive testing, a gui, etc and possible delays/drawbacks before it'll be usable by the public.  Who knows how long that will take.  I will wait for Iguana release first, then maybe that will gain back some of the trust.
Activity: 405
James listened to my concerns and raised points to counteract those concerns and took on the feedback. This is what made me join the team, not to get some incentive to do so.

Now if you want to know if im biased, well i am since im on the team. This does not remove the fact that i am a big BTCD holder and have had the best interest of BTCD holders at heart when speaking to James about this.

Fair enough then, you prefer not to disclose or discuss any payments you might be receiving from premine or komodo ico funds as an advisor, as is your right.
legendary
James listened to my concerns and raised points to counteract those concerns and took on the feedback. This is what made me join the team, not to get some incentive to do so.

Now if you want to know if im biased, well i am since im on the team. This does not remove the fact that i am a big BTCD holder and have had the best interest of BTCD holders at heart when speaking to James about this.

Activity: 405
@Pondsea - Since the Komodo team members are likely to benefit more than BTCD investors (payments from invested BTC), your opinions mean little..  Komodo team members opinions are NOT neutral and it is NOT genuine or authentic to pretend like it is..

The most neutral opinion is one of a current (as of last day of August) BTCD investor who is not part of Komodo team and NOT likely to be paid from the ~30,000 BTC collected..

We all know that Iguana/SuperNET/Bitcoindark 'had' a huge potential for a sharp rise in value on the freemarket the moment the very cool wallet application was truly ready for mainstream..  Monero and Steem had 50X rise on arguably less tech..  One komodo team member told be that 'whales' had already picked Bitcoindark for a minimum 7X gain...  Not a 25%, but a 700% gain (minimum)..  This makes sense now why you guys chose 30000 BTC for the ICO, as that's about what whales were valuing Bitcoindark at..  Except, now it won't be BitCoinDark investors who receive the gain, it will be whomever Komodo team chooses to benefit..

Iguana/SuperNET/Bitcoindark has Telepathy, Ram Chains, Pangea, InstantDEX, EasyDEX, multi-wallet, 100X faster sync, 50% compression, etc. etc. etc.  Komodo only adds a couple new features and therefore Bitcoindark/SuperNET/Iguana should be more like 80% or 90% of ICO, not 20%.

AND....  That is the opinion of a non komodo team member, who is managing the investment of BTCD for others.  I effectively have the obligation to reach out to Komodo team and ask them rethink this..

Komodo team - please.... really think this thru carefully..  What you have done is NOT ok..  It's basic common sense..  In the statutory world, people likely go to jail for less..  7X Market gain on 4Mil is 24 Mil profit..  This is NOT a lemonade stand.  You have to act with the utmost care for your investors.  Those who are signatures on the Komodo Multi-Sig BTC wallet, please be very careful and thoughtful about what you are doing, I have the deepest respect for you all and would hate to see you get into any trouble..

Promises were made and those promises need to be fulfilled with crisp, easy to delineate, lines..   Please do not co-mingle Komodo ICO with current obligations until after those promotions have been fulfilled and the freemarket has had a chance to adjust..  I have been a long time advocate of Supernet/Bitcoindark - I've been your biggest fan..  You need to fix this..

Komodo team: You guys are welcome to reach out to me on supernet slack, I'll be happy to explain to you in more detail, the various reasons I believe you need to seriously rethink this.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can make it drink.

Good points! I think those BTCD investors who will be paid 'advisors' from the 10% KMD premine need to declare this openly now to help further discussion.

CryptoSporidium i dont think I have seen you in the BTCD thread. I have been active in the BTCD community for over 2 years and have the biggest? holdings outside of Supernet related funds. So i believe my opinions concerning BTCD matter.

Can you please let me know which Komodo team member said we were guaranteed a 7x gain? The majority of the current investors in BTCD are in it for the tech and vision and not to get out during a short term pump. James has no obligations to you nor BTCD holders in general, and is free to leave at any time like any other open source project. What people need to remember is James did not start this coin but has helped it become relevant.

My point is btcd holders offering opinions on the merits of the Komodo plan should declare if they're going to be paid from the 10% premine. You said when james first told you about the dilution of btcd you had strong doubts, but then he 'convinced' you. It's a fair question to ask are you going to be paid from ico funds or the premine. It might be perfectly reasonable for you to receive payment for work done, but then again, people can change their opinion if they're paid to. You're strongly in favor of the ico plan, so  you and others should declare if any deals or understandings have been entered into. You can obviously say that's not relevant, but others could then judge how objective you are in this discussion.

Me, a small btcd holder not involved in testing etc, not being paid anything

Activity: 247
Zooko Twitter feed - "Interesting new cryptocurrency, re-uses our Zcash science and open-source code: https://komodoplatform.com/  Haven't had time to understand it."

He doesn't seem too pissed about it. Who knows how many other projects use Zcash, Komodo just the first.

We will launch mainnet after the Zcash final release, which should happen within 2 weeks after ICO. The certainty of this timeline will be double-checked after we move closer to the ICO. For example,  Zcash testnet beta should begin tomorrow!

This is a huge project, and with any huge projects delays are possible. Delays could come from our end or from Zcash. However, jl777 is confident that the Zcash team is doing great job and will stay in schedule.  At this point, there are no reasons to suspect any delays.

Speaking of which- is there an official stance of the zcash team towards Komodo?
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

legendary
BitcoinOnFire why dont you man up and show up with your main account and not this puppet account?

20 months between posting and we are the target of your FUD is too obvious.
legendary
@Pondsea - Since the Komodo team members are likely to benefit more than BTCD investors (payments from invested BTC), your opinions mean little..  Komodo team members opinions are NOT neutral and it is NOT genuine or authentic to pretend like it is..

The most neutral opinion is one of a current (as of last day of August) BTCD investor who is not part of Komodo team and NOT likely to be paid from the ~30,000 BTC collected..

We all know that Iguana/SuperNET/Bitcoindark 'had' a huge potential for a sharp rise in value on the freemarket the moment the very cool wallet application was truly ready for mainstream..  Monero and Steem had 50X rise on arguably less tech..  One komodo team member told be that 'whales' had already picked Bitcoindark for a minimum 7X gain...  Not a 25%, but a 700% gain (minimum)..  This makes sense now why you guys chose 30000 BTC for the ICO, as that's about what whales were valuing Bitcoindark at..  Except, now it won't be BitCoinDark investors who receive the gain, it will be whomever Komodo team chooses to benefit..

Iguana/SuperNET/Bitcoindark has Telepathy, Ram Chains, Pangea, InstantDEX, EasyDEX, multi-wallet, 100X faster sync, 50% compression, etc. etc. etc.  Komodo only adds a couple new features and therefore Bitcoindark/SuperNET/Iguana should be more like 80% or 90% of ICO, not 20%.

AND....  That is the opinion of a non komodo team member, who is managing the investment of BTCD for others.  I effectively have the obligation to reach out to Komodo team and ask them rethink this..

Komodo team - please.... really think this thru carefully..  What you have done is NOT ok..  It's basic common sense..  In the statutory world, people likely go to jail for less..  7X Market gain on 4Mil is 24 Mil profit..  This is NOT a lemonade stand.  You have to act with the utmost care for your investors.  Those who are signatures on the Komodo Multi-Sig BTC wallet, please be very careful and thoughtful about what you are doing, I have the deepest respect for you all and would hate to see you get into any trouble..

Promises were made and those promises need to be fulfilled with crisp, easy to delineate, lines..   Please do not co-mingle Komodo ICO with current obligations until after those promotions have been fulfilled and the freemarket has had a chance to adjust..  I have been a long time advocate of Supernet/Bitcoindark - I've been your biggest fan..  You need to fix this..

Komodo team: You guys are welcome to reach out to me on supernet slack, I'll be happy to explain to you in more detail, the various reasons I believe you need to seriously rethink this.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can make it drink.

Good points! I think those BTCD investors who will be paid 'advisors' from the 10% KMD premine need to declare this openly now to help further discussion.

CryptoSporidium i dont think I have seen you in the BTCD thread. I have been active in the BTCD community for over 2 years and have the biggest? holdings outside of Supernet related funds. So i believe my opinions concerning BTCD matter.

Can you please let me know which Komodo team member said we were guaranteed a 7x gain? The majority of the current investors in BTCD are in it for the tech and vision and not to get out during a short term pump. James has no obligations to you nor BTCD holders in general, and is free to leave at any time like any other open source project. What people need to remember is James did not start this coin but has helped it become relevant.

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
When is it expected KMD to enter an exchange like bittrex? Just after ICO period ends?

Thank you

If anyone says that they will pay you Zcash before October 28, 2016, then there must be some mistake, because Zcash will not exist until then
. This previous statement was copied from the ZCASH website (https://z.cash/)

Thank you Jon for pointing this out!

There is a misunderstanding here. Here is the timeline:

September 7 - Zcash testnet beta
October 15 - Komodo ICO starts
October 28 - Zcash blockchain launch
Nov 20 - Komodo ICO ends
-> Komodo mainnet launch (current estimation is within 2 weeks after ICO)

It's important to understand that we are not Zcash and you will not receive Zcash (the coin), you will recieve our own coin: Komodo.

In other words, we are not promising to pay Zcash to anyone, at any date! Instead we will use the Zcash open source technology, together with our own additions, to create Komodo. You can expect to get Komodo coins someday after our ICO ends, in November-December.

I hope this cleared everything!

best regards!

Jump to: