Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]LGD Legendary Coin - Cryptsy,Bittrex,NEW Merchants, Many Games, Scrypt! - page 28. (Read 85649 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Donate to put a smile on my face :)
I might sound arrogant, but I'm afraid that the lack of understanding how a coin works (especially the PoS coins) among users, is what causing the most problems.

First of all, users that rush into calling someone "a thief" puts them on the same level as exchange admins/owners who calls project "shitty". The solution I described above was for the average user's wallet and not the wallet that belongs to an exchange. I believe that attacking someone who is trying to help you, just because you're in a "bad mood" is not good for anybody.

Anyway, on with the rest of this post. First of all, I apologize from those who already know what I'm about to write. This is for those who do not (and really need to understand)...

When we move coins from our wallets to someone else, our wallet creates a "transaction". That transaction has the info needed for all wallets, so they can verify that we have that amount of coins and we are in position of sending them somewhere else, according to the coin's rules (for example, there has been enough confirmations for that transaction).
As soon as it creates this transaction, it announces it to all the nodes it is connected with. Those nodes will check the transaction against the same rules and if valid, they will put it in memory and announce it to the other nodes that are connected with. The same step goes over and over till this transaction is propagated to the entire network, or till a miner's wallet who already accepted this transaction, discovered a new block, included this transaction in it and his transaction of the block discovery has been accepted and propagated to the network.
In other words, transactions are the vehicle of coin transfers and blocks are vehicles (verifications) of the transactions.

Now, you might think that since the transaction made it into a block, everything is fine, the transaction has been made and the coins were transferred.
Well, that's not the case. You see, when a new block is discovered (for example height 15000) from node a, other nodes must also verify that this block is good and accept it. Even if they do, there is a big chance that another block has been discovered(same height 15000) from node b, but according to the coin's rules this block has a better score (or better receives the "bestchain" reward Smiley ) and gets preference over the one that node a discovered.
This could happen after many blocks being discovered based on node a's blockhash.

What does this mean? It means that we, that created the transaction of moving coins and saw that our transaction has been verified (got X confirmations to make it valid), suddenly we find our transaction being invalidated. That means that our wallet should mark the chain from node a's block as invalid and use the preferred chain as the current.
Now, this is what happens when we are dealing with a pure PoW (proof of work) blocks coin.
With PoS blocks (proof of stake), everybody's wallet is a miner. If we have many coins that are ready to enter the "stake" status, then our wallet mines for PoS blocks (and finds them) and those blocks could be many (I mean too many, like 20 or 30 in a row).
If this happens when we moved our coins, that means that with our PoS blocks (according to the wallet) we confirmed the our own transaction and since we had more than X blocks since then, we verified it as valid.

But if our PoS blocks are not accepted by the rest of the nodes, that means that our chain becomes invalid. If our wallet is stubborn enough (many PoS blocks mined) will keep broadcasting them till they get accepted. But because they are no longer valid, the other nodes bans our wallet and disconnects us. Why is that? Because our wallet might be honest and just trying to broadcast something that it think it's correct, somebody could have compiled a "modified" wallet code, that tries to spoof real blocks and "inject" them to the blockchain in order to get more coins themselves.

I hope that this helps users and exchange owners understand why things are the way they are and why we need to understand them, because either we like it or not, when we decided to download a wallet and manage coins in it, we also decided that we're part of this and we need to obey the rules that makes it function.

I realize that this is too much to read and I maybe not explained them very clear and simple, but that's the best I can do currently and I welcome anyone with questions to make them.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
It'd really be nice if the devs would email the exchanges they knew were trading them.  We're dealing with the same problems here at bittrex.  Is there an active irc channel that people are in that could help?

Also, is there a block explorer somewhere that we should be checking against?

Thanks,
Richie

from my memory you guys put the exchange up after the update so you should be fine
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I am also having an issue with seeing a transaction id: c3121690a0e9f4f77a7a91456c96f9a777179b8ae0ea749f325f455b1f27c08a
This was a withdrawal from the exchange coinaccel.com. When I do:

./legendarycoind gettransaction c3121690a0e9f4f77a7a91456c96f9a777179b8ae0ea749f325f455b1f27c08a
error: {"code":-5,"message":"No information available about transaction"}

The transaction was initiated 2.5 hrs ago.

Any other way to track this?
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
It'd really be nice if the devs would email the exchanges they knew were trading them.  We're dealing with the same problems here at bittrex.  Is there an active irc channel that people are in that could help?

Also, is there a block explorer somewhere that we should be checking against?

Thanks,
Richie
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
That sounds like a fishy exchange. Did they say why they are stuck? I suspect wallet issues as we are all having them with the upgrades.

Yeah I said exactly why the hell they are stuck like 5 posts up. The goddamned wallet wont sync correctly. And yes I'm testy and in a bad mood because for the last 3 days like 5 different coins have had wallet issues, and WE get yelled at and WE look fishy and WE are called theives because wallets we have no control over go batshit. And users submit tickets with titles like "Where the F are my coins?!" and "Give me my coins back you goddamned theives!!" and that crap gets REALLY old when it's due to someone else's wallet.

I have a user who made a deposit - a non-jackass user who actually provided info and didnt accuse us of theft.

Transaction ID: fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10

The exchange's wallet is on block 13167. Since there's no block explorer I have no idea what it should be. My personal wallet on another machine is also on 13167.

But looking for txid fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10 gives:

Both the exchange and my personal wallet are on 1.0.4.0

So I have no answers. And when asking for answers I was basivally told to manually export thousands of private keys and rebuild the wallet by hand. That is HOURS of work that we don't have.

So, we took the coin offline. At least if it's offline we're not being threatened because we're "stealing" coins.

As to the guy above for whom we are holding coins - as soon as LEGENDARYCOIN fixes the issue, we'll fix the issue. It's not us holding them hostage. If a user sends coins in and they don't arrive - you REALLY don't want us sending coins to you. God knows where they'd end up.

1. the "manual" rebuild with a quick bash hackout would take you 5 mins,... ok i take that back about 2 mins, and with the info below about 10 seconds
Code:
# dumps the addresses into a script called dumpkeys.sh
./legendarycoind listreceivedbyaddress 0 true | grep -E -o "[A-Z0-9a-z]{34}" | sed "s/^/.\/legendarycoind dumpprivkey /" >dumpkeys.sh
# Runs the dumpkeys script and creates the importkeys.sh script
bash dumpkeys.sh | sed "s/^/.\/legendarycoind importprivkey /">importkeys.sh
#stop legendarycoind and wait 2 seconds for it to stop
./legendarycoind stop; sleep 2
# Move the current .LegendaryCoin dir to .LegendaryCoin.backup
mv ~/.LegendaryCoin ~/.LegendaryCoin.backup
# Setup the new dir
mkdir ~/.LegendaryCoin; cp ~/.LegendaryCoin.backup/LegendaryCoin.conf ~/.LegendaryCoin
# ReRun legendarycoind and wait 5 seconds for it to fire up
./legendarycoind &; sleep 5
#import the old addresses
bash importkeys.sh
2. it sounds like you dont need to because your upto date
Code:
./legendarycoind gettransaction fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10
is correct, the user has the issue not you.
4. Our codebase is fine and there is no real issue except for believing everyone who comes to you with a TXID
5. Welcome to the fun world of running an exchange
Activity: 190
Just remember you signed up for this nightmare as soon as you opened. I also think the first exchange that doesn't charge to withdraw coins after trading is going to the moon.
BTW I didn't read the older posts until just now so don't take it personal. Remember when your going to blow a gasket. This too shall pass.
Activity: 252
That sounds like a fishy exchange. Did they say why they are stuck? I suspect wallet issues as we are all having them with the upgrades.

Yeah I said exactly why the hell they are stuck like 5 posts up. The goddamned wallet wont sync correctly. And yes I'm testy and in a bad mood because for the last 3 days like 5 different coins have had wallet issues, and WE get yelled at and WE look fishy and WE are called theives because wallets we have no control over go batshit. And users submit tickets with titles like "Where the F are my coins?!" and "Give me my coins back you goddamned theives!!" and that crap gets REALLY old when it's due to someone else's wallet.

I have a user who made a deposit - a non-jackass user who actually provided info and didnt accuse us of theft.

Transaction ID: fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10

The exchange's wallet is on block 13167. Since there's no block explorer I have no idea what it should be. My personal wallet on another machine is also on 13167.

But looking for txid fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10 gives:

So I have no answers. And when asking for answers I was basivally told to manually export thousands of private keys and rebuild the wallet by hand. That is HOURS of work that we don't have.

So, we took the coin offline. At least if it's offline we're not being threatened because we're "stealing" coins.

As to the guy above for whom we are holding coins - as soon as LEGENDARYCOIN fixes the issue, we'll fix the issue. It's not us holding them hostage. If a user sends coins in and they don't arrive - you REALLY don't want us sending coins to you. God knows where they'd end up.

people are so quick to react give it time people and good question where is the mac wallet at  Huh
Activity: 350

Wow. Thats about 4 hours of work I dont have the time for anytime this week.

I already downloaded the entire blockchain all over again.

Our wallet is also encrypted - so the PoS blocks cant be minted? Thats my understanding?

Are you seriously telling me the only way to fix this is to backup every one of the thousand+ private keys and manually repair the wallet? If thats the case, we're taking the coin offline, and in a week or two when we have that kind of time I'll see if we can get it fixed.

Wow, thats... I'm beyond words.

Delete your chain, then run  

legendaryd -connect=5.175.194.173 (I have deleted the peers on that one so you should not be banned)

and it should suck in the new chain.. done

restart without connect string so you are not locked to only that seed node
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
we will fix this with allcrypt its not as bad as it looks, surely doesnt need 2 weeks Wink
theres small misunderstnanding here but other dev has to come as hes more tech than me

I hope that you will give the Mac wallet with some LGD inside.... Grin
just for the coins that the mac users are loosing...  Angry
when I have my wallet I'll start mining again....
waiting.
we will fix this with allcrypt its not as bad as it looks, surely doesnt need 2 weeks Wink
theres small misunderstnanding here but other dev has to come as hes more tech than me
OK DEV! here is the problem....
I'm waiting for the fucking MAC wallet from the first day....
so ALL MY LDG are in ALLCRYPT exchange...not for selling,
ONLY BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE WALLET!
now ALLCRYPT LDG exchange is CLOSED for.....Huh 1-2 weeks!!!
.....any solutions? I can't mine LDG without wallet where my coins are safe.
thanks.

If you want I will make a wallet you can send them to. I will send them back when you get a wallet. PM me. I am 100% honest. I will do it for a tip of whatever you think is fair.

thanks alot but all my LDG are stuck in Allcrypt!
I can't do anything!   for 1-2 weeks...they said!

read the allcrypt post in the middle of this page.......
thanks.

If you want I will make a wallet you can send them to. I will send them back when you get a wallet. PM me. I am 100% honest. I will do it for a tip of whatever you think is fair.

thanks alot but all my LDG are stuck in Allcrypt!

so ALL MY LGD are in ALLCRYPT exchange...not for selling,
now ALLCRYPT LGD exchange is CLOSED for.....Huh 1-2 weeks!!!
thanks.

thanks alot but all my LGD are stuck in Allcrypt!
thanks.

thanks.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I had no problems updating and didjnt need to do any fixes.

Mining this like the world was ending! LGD rocks
im mining this like crazy also
Activity: 435
I had no problems updating and didjnt need to do any fixes.

Mining this like the world was ending! LGD rocks
Activity: 280
Donate to put a smile on my face :)

Our wallet is also encrypted - so the PoS blocks cant be minted? Thats my understanding?

Are you seriously telling me the only way to fix this is to backup every one of the thousand+ private keys and manually repair the wallet? If thats the case, we're taking the coin offline, and in a week or two when we have that kind of time I'll see if we can get it fixed.

No need for that. Let's talk somewhere in real-time so we can fix this Smiley
Activity: 350

Pages:
Jump to: