Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LIM]LimeCoin X11 Algo | OBSOLETE move to LimecoinX please - page 13. (Read 61937 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

LimePic: Free Image Hosting Service (is now available)

-Guest users can upload pictures and create albums
-direct link to images
-no captcha
-free to use-

please go to www.LimeCoin.org ----> utilities ----> LimePic   

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
LIMcoin is doing well, with so many great things to come.
i finished the tests with LimePIC

it will be released in a couple of hours.

regards!
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
wallets get some technical problems when it sync, this is happening because limecoin has the same pchMessageStart as Litecoin, as darkcoin and Worldcoin so the networks think they are talking to their own clients.

Each network should have a unique pchMessageStart but people do not know to change this and then you end up with networks talking like this, get wallets problems. Another problem is that the PROTOCOL_VERSION and alert keys are also the same.

We finally have been able to change this alert keys and magic numbers on testnet and we are ready to start running it, you wont get sync problems with your wallets anymore, please stay in touch for this announment

We tested DGW3 too in testnet without problem, so wait for it  Wink

more new services are comming!!!! For you

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
1$ =1 MEC 2013 (2,56 $) 5$ =1MEC 2014 ?
good day,

I am pleased to announce new changes in LimeCoin (LIM) as we promised.

These changes are focused on cleaning up the code ,  fixing wallets, and add new services and games to limecoin.

Changes in code:

pchmessage (Magic numbers) will be changed to stabilize the limecoin wallet.
New Primary keys. (ferchoDev can explain more of this)

New Services:
LimePay (Released)
You can now purchase LimeCoins directly from our website www.Limecoin.org using paypal, credit or debit card. (The transaction takes 2 hours to be validated)

LimePic: Free Image Hosting Service (Released)

edit: release date changed to may 16 due to tests)

GAMES

LimeTravian (Launched! start playing!)

Travian is set in classical antiquity. Each player starts the game as the leader of a small, undeveloped village, surrounded by undeveloped resource fields. Developing these fields increases their resource output. The village can be developed by constructing new buildings and upgrading existing ones. Recruiting military units allows players to attack other villages to plunder its resources, and defend from enemy attacks. Villages may trade their resources with other villages if both villages have a marketplace. The player may expand his realm by founding new villages, or by conquering other players' villages. Players can communicate with each other using in-game messages, and may join alliances for military and economic co-operation with other players

Ragnarok Online Private Server

LIME-RO release date (May-15)
Ragnarök Online , often referred to as RO, is a Korean massive multiplayer online role-playing game or MMORPG

This Private server (using Rathena an opensource code game emulator), has been modified to support LimeCoin, You can BUY items , WIN limecoins fighting inside the game against other players (PVP) , or being on top10 of MVP killers (boss monsters).

also every wendsday you can fight with your friends to win a Castle (Guild vs guild) , if your team wins the castle , your team receive 200 LIM PER DAY ¡¡¡ (till next wendsday).

Left4Dead  LimeCoin Dedicated Server  (release date: May 18)
Left 4 Dead (abbreviated as L4D) is a cooperative first-person shooter arcade-style video game.

Left 4 Dead is a first-person shooter. In campaign mode, the player takes control of one of the survivors; if four human players are not available, then the remaining survivors are AI-controlled bots. They play through the levels fighting off the infected—living humans who have been infected with a rabies-like virus that causes psychosis. The survivors are carriers of the disease, so they do not show signs of any symptoms.

In this Game you will be able to WIN limecoins by playing survival mode, at the end of the day TOP 10 players win coins.

Updated Webiste:

Games Menu:

LimePic:

Second Phase of "Margarita" Update (ESt. may 28):

- Android Wallet
- 3 More VideoGames
- Gambling site
- changes in difficulty (DGW3)
- Easy trader ( 1 on 1 secured trades)
- More services

-From now on, all major updates to LimeCoin will be called with the name of a Cocktel that uses LIME, this major update is code name "MARGARITA"

This is JUST HALF THE UPDATE, wait for the second part of Margarita!

Thanks to all people that believed in us, More is coming for limecoin¡¡

Great !!!!
good day,

I am pleased to announce new changes in LimeCoin (LIM) as we promised.

These changes are focused on cleaning up the code ,  fixing wallets, and add new services and games to limecoin.

Changes in code:

pchmessage (Magic numbers) will be changed to stabilize the limecoin wallet.
New Primary keys. (ferchoDev can explain more of this)

New Services:
LimePay (Released)
You can now purchase LimeCoins directly from our website www.Limecoin.org using paypal, credit or debit card. (The transaction takes 2 hours to be validated)

LimePic: Free Image Hosting Service (Released)

edit: release date changed to may 16 due to tests)

GAMES

LimeTravian (Launched! start playing!)

Travian is set in classical antiquity. Each player starts the game as the leader of a small, undeveloped village, surrounded by undeveloped resource fields. Developing these fields increases their resource output. The village can be developed by constructing new buildings and upgrading existing ones. Recruiting military units allows players to attack other villages to plunder its resources, and defend from enemy attacks. Villages may trade their resources with other villages if both villages have a marketplace. The player may expand his realm by founding new villages, or by conquering other players' villages. Players can communicate with each other using in-game messages, and may join alliances for military and economic co-operation with other players

Ragnarok Online Private Server

LIME-RO release date (May-15)
Ragnarök Online , often referred to as RO, is a Korean massive multiplayer online role-playing game or MMORPG

This Private server (using Rathena an opensource code game emulator), has been modified to support LimeCoin, You can BUY items , WIN limecoins fighting inside the game against other players (PVP) , or being on top10 of MVP killers (boss monsters).

also every wendsday you can fight with your friends to win a Castle (Guild vs guild) , if your team wins the castle , your team receive 200 LIM PER DAY ¡¡¡ (till next wendsday).

Left4Dead  LimeCoin Dedicated Server  (release date: May 18)
Left 4 Dead (abbreviated as L4D) is a cooperative first-person shooter arcade-style video game.

Left 4 Dead is a first-person shooter. In campaign mode, the player takes control of one of the survivors; if four human players are not available, then the remaining survivors are AI-controlled bots. They play through the levels fighting off the infected—living humans who have been infected with a rabies-like virus that causes psychosis. The survivors are carriers of the disease, so they do not show signs of any symptoms.

In this Game you will be able to WIN limecoins by playing survival mode, at the end of the day TOP 10 players win coins.

Updated Webiste:

Games Menu:

LimePic:

Second Phase of "Margarita" Update (ESt. may 28):

- Android Wallet
- 3 More VideoGames
- Gambling site
- changes in difficulty (DGW3)
- Easy trader ( 1 on 1 secured trades)
- More services

-From now on, all major updates to LimeCoin will be called with the name of a Cocktel that uses LIME, this major update is code name "MARGARITA"

This is JUST HALF THE UPDATE, wait for the second part of Margarita!

Thanks to all people that believed in us, More is coming for limecoin¡¡
Can someone post working nodes, i have 0 connections and the faucet and game haven't been able to work for the past 9 days Sad

We need a copy from Chain!!

connect=209.208.111.8   (Main Official Node)
addnode=209.208.109.194 (Official Node)
addnode=209.208.108.71 (Official Node)
addnode=69.28.94.67 (Official Node)

Block Chain 5-12-2014

http://69.28.94.67/blockChain-5-12-04.rar

Great !! Work now!  Grin
Please stop talking about the other coin in this thread. thanks Smiley

btw follow us in twitter:   limecoin1   

a sneak preview of the upcoming services and features is there. take a look Smiley
Activity: 378
On the other hand, it could have been a programming error that allowed the difficulty not to change sufficiently.  I haven't looked at the source code, but did look at the blockchain.  For a 1 minute block time, the first 2000 blocks were solved in about 48 minutes, the fastest being the 35th minute where 102 blocks were solved.  Given that huge hashing power comes in, the difficulty should have gone skyhigh, but in fact was I think less than 1 during all of that period, and most of the time was something like 0.03 average.  For that difficulty, even a modest rig with say 5Mh would be easily solving blocks in a few seconds.

Actually what is worse is that the fast block times, actually favor the block finder, they have a headstart on the next block and solve it before the others get onto it.  Anyway, my 10c worth.

BTW - LC block rewards are 0.007 or less now per block - not much incentive for the miner.

I don't think "programming error" is the right term here Wink

Premines are black and white, they're either there or not, and large premines need to be justified. Instamines either go unnoticed, or can be wriggled out of ("it was fair!", "everyone got a chance!", "it always takes a while for difficulty to adjust at the start!", "it was only a few hundred blocks!"). LC dev launched a coin with very low starting difficulty, delayed difficulty adjustment, and rewards heavily front loaded. He's not an idiot, he knew exactly what was going to happen.
Can someone post working nodes, i have 0 connections and the faucet and game haven't been able to work for the past 9 days Sad

connect=209.208.111.8   (Main Official Node)
addnode=209.208.109.194 (Official Node)
addnode=209.208.108.71 (Official Node)
addnode=69.28.94.67 (Official Node)

Block Chain 5-12-2014

http://69.28.94.67/blockChain-5-12-04.rar
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The price of the real LimeCoin (this one) is still waaaay below where it should be. It was trading at 1250 satoshi comfortably at one point and we need to try get it back up there!

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Activity: 155
And there are a few people who hold a huge chunk of the Bitcoins. Does that make it a scam too? So a few people with big hash power were quick to mine a chunk of them. So what? More power to them.

No, you don't get it yet.
The principal fact is, that the minging algorithm was designed for to mine WHOLE HALF of the coins in half an hour.
It is unfair - early privileged miner or miners (the only informed), were getting coins with uncomparable easyness in comparison to hard working miners later.
This is scam.

Look at bitcoin halving algorithm - it is completely different and it is unbiased. Everybody gets coins proportional to his work.
Halving periods are much longer, and are designed to counteract increasing hashing power, for nothing else, to retain fairness even more.

And regarding "huge chunks". Do you think that just few people do own HALF of the all bitcoins, that will ever be mined?

On the other hand, it could have been a programming error that allowed the difficulty not to change sufficiently.  I haven't looked at the source code, but did look at the blockchain.  For a 1 minute block time, the first 2000 blocks were solved in about 48 minutes, the fastest being the 35th minute where 102 blocks were solved.  Given that huge hashing power comes in, the difficulty should have gone skyhigh, but in fact was I think less than 1 during all of that period, and most of the time was something like 0.03 average.  For that difficulty, even a modest rig with say 5Mh would be easily solving blocks in a few seconds.

Actually what is worse is that the fast block times, actually favor the block finder, they have a headstart on the next block and solve it before the others get onto it.  Anyway, my 10c worth.

BTW - LC block rewards are 0.007 or less now per block - not much incentive for the miner.
Activity: 378

No, you don't get it yet.
The principal fact is, that the minging algorithm was designed for to mine WHOLE HALF of the coins in half an hour.
It is unfair - early privileged miner or miners (the only informed), were getting coins with uncomparable easyness in comparison to hard working miners later.
This is scam.

Look at bitcoin halving algorithm - it is completely different and it is unbiased. Everybody gets coins proportional to his work.
Halving periods are much longer, and are designed to counteract increasing hashing power, for nothing else, to retain fairness even more.

And regarding "huge chunks". Do you think that just few people do own HALF of the all bitcoins, that will ever be mined?

No, I understand the point you are making. I think it sucks that so many were mined so quickly too. And believe me, I don't own enough of them to really have made a dent in the total supply anyway. But it's too late to worry about that now. And I am a glass half full kind of guy, so I'm not too quick to say that the dev purposely designed the coin to be instamined. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but I have no concrete evidence of it. If I end up getting burned if the coin gets dumped and the value comes crashing down, then too bad for me. It won't be the first time I lost money on a coin. It's a gamble with any coin.

Good point about Bitcoin too. I was only using that scenario as an example. My point was that Bitcoin is not immune from manipulation by the large holders either. All coins can be manipulated. But you are right, Bitcoin is a much more fair and balanced coin. That's why it's the king!

It's not just a matter of fairness, or manipulation by those who got hundreds of thousands of coins almost for free (although yes that is a big factor).

PoW coins use mining as the mechanism for securing the network, and the long halving time provides a good long-term incentive. If reward halving occurs more than once a day, especially in the first day where it halved multiple times, then block rewards very quickly fall to zero, and it is no longer profitable to mine. LC had between 0.5 and 2 Mh/s when I last checked, which is like 1 GPU's worth. It is trivial for a LC holder to perform a double spend attack. The incentive that the LC dev has come up with (1 LC transaction fee for multipool miner) won't work.

Activity: 252
just for info:
LC alias the scrypt Limecoin is 1 st on the shitlist Wink
http://www.shitcoins.info/#
what else to say ?
LIM is the only Limecoin - X11 is the future
There are no votes for any coin on that list. So it's tied for first technically
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Something has to give.......

I have DL'd the wallet 3 times now - deleted everything in APPDATA (windows of course) except the wallet.dat

And it's still stuck at 3955.

Is it a node issue?Huh needed in my .conf file?

ANY help would be great!!!!

9 days behind - this is just ridiculous

Hello Mangled Blue,
maybe you are making the same mistake as me.

You have to maintain correct order of steps, do not clear the directory of limecoin in APPDATA AFTER the reinstall.

So:
  • backup wallet.dat
  • delete content in APPDATA
  • only then reinstall
  • from now on do not delete anything
  • restore wallet.dat
  • run wallet, it should sync ok.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andy

Activity: 298
dApps Development Automation Platform

Load-Balanced Variable Difficulty Stratum Servers
High Availability Server Cluster
DDoS Protection
30 Minute Backups

Ticketing system that allows you to track your progress, as well as prioritize response from staff. Our staff are well experienced and ready to assist you.

Introducing our Limecoin Pool!

1% Fee. Proportional.

lim.pool.enterprises

Register Now!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
just for info:
what else to say ?

Wow! A website call shitcoins.info. It has 10 coins listed and none of them have a single vote. Best yet is that anyone who signs up for an account can add a coin to the shit list. And this is a reliable source how exactly? What's worse is that it certainly appears to be a site started by those so-called elitist knuckleheads who started the operation shitcoin cleanout thread a while back. I don't think from looking at the site that there is any particular order for what place any of those coins are in, so your claim that LC is number 1 on the list probably means it was the most recent one added. Possibly added tonight? Possibly added by you in order to try and back up your claim? Nice try though. Gotta admire your tenacity!
Activity: 212
just for info:
what else to say ?
LIM is the only Limecoin - X11 is the future
Pages:
Jump to: