Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards - page 4. (Read 78597 times)

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
100 MANA Decentraland Airdrop:
https://www.meetdapper.com/decentraland/

events come more often now, I like this. I heard they will hold a builder campaign in the near future, is there more information about the program?
I just don't know anything about it and I just heard from you that they will be holding a builder campaign and you better just ask the team maybe they have that information
Activity: 1554
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
100 MANA Decentraland Airdrop:
https://www.meetdapper.com/decentraland/

events come more often now, I like this. I heard they will hold a builder campaign in the near future, is there more information about the program?
Activity: 2758
Merit: 598
CoinMetro
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
What do you think about my avatar? Wink

How does yours avatars look like?

I can't wait game to be released! I hope that the works will be accelerated and we will be able to play at least beta soon;)
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
looks like... time to buy Mana now! check rating for last month https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decentraland/#ratings
Activity: 323
Merit: 19
Mana didn't quite pump as I expected during this bull run. Since I haven't found something better or similar in the decentralized world, I keep having high hopes on this. Although I'd prefer more advertisement and perhaps support from Binance on the platform. Not on price, but I beleive they should become active in decentraland as Bittrex already is.

I do like Decentraland as a project, but my own opinion is that the price of MANA is not necessarily coupled to the project success.  I think that the main asset in Decentraland is (obviously) LAND instead.  Even if the project is successful, why would MANA have to go to the moon?  You need it to trade land, and projects built on top of Decentraland may use it as currency - but both won't necessarily mean that there has to be huge demand for MANA in the economy.

If I'm not mistaken you can buy LAND only with MANA. You can use other coins too but they are automatically converted to MANA. So the more LAND is sold more demand for MANA. Furthermore, a percentage of MANA is burned which results in reduced supply which should have a positive impact on the price

Sure, but if I have BTC and want to own LAND, then I can just buy MANA when I need it and there is no real reason to hold it.  Of course, if LAND trading volume is massive, that creates a certain demand for MANA.  But I (personally) think that holding LAND itself is definitely better as a bet on the project's future than holding MANA (although then you have to invest more time and money, obviously).

Is the supply of MANA actually capped?  Last time I tried to check it, I only found "transparency pages" that listed the current supply, without any strong statements about a hard maximum supply.  To me that sounded like there is none and the project can create MANA as they wish (probably with certain rules but still).

Not sure if MANA is capped. Although cmc states total supply is over 2bn. I agree that currently holding LAND is better bet. But for me this is closely correlated. If all MANA used for buying LAND is burned (not sure if all actually is burned, I think I read it somewhere), then eventually there will not be a lot of MANA available on the market and the price should rise. Imagine if in a decade only 1 million MANA is circulating. Then the price of 1 MANA could be huge. I could be dead wrong but this sound like one of the better tokenomics in crypto.
There was a vote by users of decentraland last November that stopped the inflation.
https://agora.decentraland.org/polls/44211cd6-fff5-4354-9c56-9a7c1378bb4c

I guess the max supply can only decrease now with a burn of mana used in a new auction.

Yep, and if I'm not mistaken with every purchase of LAND a 1% fee in MANA is burned
Activity: 17
Merit: 5
Mana didn't quite pump as I expected during this bull run. Since I haven't found something better or similar in the decentralized world, I keep having high hopes on this. Although I'd prefer more advertisement and perhaps support from Binance on the platform. Not on price, but I beleive they should become active in decentraland as Bittrex already is.

I do like Decentraland as a project, but my own opinion is that the price of MANA is not necessarily coupled to the project success.  I think that the main asset in Decentraland is (obviously) LAND instead.  Even if the project is successful, why would MANA have to go to the moon?  You need it to trade land, and projects built on top of Decentraland may use it as currency - but both won't necessarily mean that there has to be huge demand for MANA in the economy.

If I'm not mistaken you can buy LAND only with MANA. You can use other coins too but they are automatically converted to MANA. So the more LAND is sold more demand for MANA. Furthermore, a percentage of MANA is burned which results in reduced supply which should have a positive impact on the price

Sure, but if I have BTC and want to own LAND, then I can just buy MANA when I need it and there is no real reason to hold it.  Of course, if LAND trading volume is massive, that creates a certain demand for MANA.  But I (personally) think that holding LAND itself is definitely better as a bet on the project's future than holding MANA (although then you have to invest more time and money, obviously).

Is the supply of MANA actually capped?  Last time I tried to check it, I only found "transparency pages" that listed the current supply, without any strong statements about a hard maximum supply.  To me that sounded like there is none and the project can create MANA as they wish (probably with certain rules but still).

Not sure if MANA is capped. Although cmc states total supply is over 2bn. I agree that currently holding LAND is better bet. But for me this is closely correlated. If all MANA used for buying LAND is burned (not sure if all actually is burned, I think I read it somewhere), then eventually there will not be a lot of MANA available on the market and the price should rise. Imagine if in a decade only 1 million MANA is circulating. Then the price of 1 MANA could be huge. I could be dead wrong but this sound like one of the better tokenomics in crypto.
There was a vote by users of decentraland last November that stopped the inflation.
https://agora.decentraland.org/polls/44211cd6-fff5-4354-9c56-9a7c1378bb4c

I guess the max supply can only decrease now with a burn of mana used in a new auction.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
Decentraland World Explorer's closed Beta and Next Steps
World Explorer is coming! Read about the infrastructure, challenges, and the invaluable help from our community that helped bring it to life. https://decentraland.org/blog/announcements/introducing-decentraland-beta/

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

Activity: 17
Merit: 5

I'll keep holding one of the best performers of 2018 and hope the crypto world realizes the true potential of this project, besides from trading it.
I have received an email from Decentraland yesterday stating:

I didn't find what you ask for, although I gave it a look and found this site:
https://nonfungible.com/market/history/decentraland?filter=saleType%3Dsale&sort=blockTimestamp%3Ddesc
Very usefull tool, thanks! Albeit I have a loss again -  approximate worth of  my parcels  has been decreased Sad
Activity: 192
Merit: 13
Do you know @IPVPIRL if  there is  a way to check how many parcels are sold weekly? (for what amount)

You have this transaction on mind: https://twitter.com/barrysilbert/status/1131998565897854976 ?

New Decentraland assets voting:
https://twitter.com/decentraland/status/1135635423248748544
You can choose between: Western Fantasy  and Sci-Fi  Pack - I would like to see Fantasy pack added Cheesy

Yes this was the transaction I was talking about. I didn't find what you ask for, although I gave it a look and found this site:
https://nonfungible.com/market/history/decentraland?filter=saleType%3Dsale&sort=blockTimestamp%3Ddesc
Activity: 2758
Merit: 598
CoinMetro
Do you know @IPVPIRL if  there is  a way to check how many parcels are sold weekly? (for what amount)

You have this transaction on mind: https://twitter.com/barrysilbert/status/1131998565897854976 ?

New Decentraland assets voting:
https://twitter.com/decentraland/status/1135635423248748544
You can choose between: Western Fantasy  and Sci-Fi  Pack - I would like to see Fantasy pack added Cheesy
Activity: 192
Merit: 13
My imagination is beyond the moon =D

btw, this is one of those coins that hasn't dropped it's value much (against BTC) which is great. And when you check development - they have updates like... now. 27 seconds ago... And those are not some BS updates "removed dot from the end of the sentence".

Indeed, I've been following Decentraland since 2017 and have to agree this is a serious project with a great product. Also from what I'm reading we will have good news soon.
It seems like you really are familiar with this project because you already knew this project two years ago so if you can know what a great product is? And hopefully what you say is true so we just wait for the good news

I never said I'm familiar. I wrote that "I've been following". Interesting how you changed a word to make an argument here.
I own a few Mana but I don't own land in the platform to be exact. I'm just saying I read often about Decentraland from social media sources as telegram and discord where team is really active. There is no certain date yet for platform to go live, so I can't post exact information or rumours without any verification. I'm giving a hint and you should dyor. There are people and institutions that actually invested a lot in this project. Even last week there was a piece of land (64 parcels) sold for $81k. I'm also posting here quite often as I'm genuinly interested in this project. I participated in the builder testing and got rewarded for it too. So this is my involvement with this project. How about you bounty hunter?
Pages:
Jump to: