Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex - page 8. (Read 180272 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
that's some next level shit, i have no idea how it works though.
Activity: 420
So I just stumbled upon this:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2724802

"Robert Campbell of Ottawa faces 181 international cyberbullying chargesCharges against Robert Campbell, 42, include identity fraud, libel, criminal harassment"

"Campbell is facing:

27 counts of criminal harassment.
85 counts of defamation libel.
69 counts of identity fraud."

What is currently known as "FUDDING" in the cryptocurrency community is VERY quickly becoming something that could possibly be a punishable offense in some countries.  Now, in the spirit of decentralization, I feel it relevant to request that if a community has a problem with a developer, resorting to panic reactions and instantaneous declaration of possibilities as facts not only represents a chaotic and irresponsible action, but in some cases those responses MAY be considered "illegal" by authorities who have zero interest in seeing cryptocurrency thrive.  I have seen other coins have "proof of developer", and I believe that is something that will become more and more necessary to make sure there are no scam coins.  Now, you also have people who want "Tor network anonymity" built into their wallets, but they also want to know the home address and the blood type of the person building the wallet.  I think it's rational to discuss what could be a good metric to balance the community need to see developer activity, and the developer need to not have people threatening to impose physical harm upon their person because they aren't returning a text message every two hours.

Please, this is the perfect opportunity for people to voice their opinions on how to create a good "Proof of Developer" addition for the future of Mast.

Chris
Activity: 325
I talked on irc with dev time ago and i can vouch for them.
that's why i'm still holding too... and thanks to all who have sold me MAST at this low price lately.
look forward to help when august is over.
mass
I agree the mastcoin Dev is highly intelligent. That's why I keep holding. I will be making some logo animations tonight.
So as far as updates go, I have been talking to the Mastcoin dev team over the course of the entire weekend, and as far as I can tell, they are extremely intelligent individuals who want to do innovative things.  I know for a fact that they have the capacity to do much more than they have already, so if the Mast community wants to see this project come to fruition, NOW is NOT the time to abandon, but to try and make happen the possibilities that drew you to this community in the first place.  If people want to make mastcoin logos, memes, whatever... do whatever you want to be active in the community and beyond.  If you want to sit on the sidelines and watch, that is fine too Cheesy 

Chris
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Day 3, hour 15: Troubleshooting
Day 3, hour 16: Troubleshooting
Day 3, Hour 24: Troubleshooting, need sleep.
Day 4, Hour 1: Sleeping
Day 4, Hour 8: Woke up, start troubleshooting.

Seriously, that is one of the most time consuming parts of coding and there is nothing you can do about it, lest you want faulty code pushed...  and with hourly updates if they kept saying what they were doing, people would only be more aggressive on the amount of time it takes.  They need to just remind you once in a while they're working on it and that is how it should be left.

lol, too many bugs... bad quality code can never be fixed correctly

or a capital letter hidden in a variable, sneaky bastards!  lol, It was just an example tho  Tongue
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

Seriously, that is one of the most time consuming parts of coding and there is nothing you can do about it, lest you want faulty code pushed...  and with hourly updates if they kept saying what they were doing, people would only be more aggressive on the amount of time it takes.  They need to just remind you once in a while they're working on it and that is how it should be left.

lol, too many bugs... bad quality code can never be fixed correctly

I am not disagreeing that "if" they were working full time on this up until now Mast "could" be at 100k.  BUT, I must continue to assert that these people have lives, and jobs, and if you aren't willing to pay their bills for them right now, expecting them to work full time without that assertion is kind of unreasonable.  I have NEVER seen anywhere them say they are "full time" on this project, and to that extent, if the code is solid, it SHOULDN'T need weekly updates.  The only reason Darkcoin needed a lot of work is because the Masternode payments didn't work immediately, and they needed to fix a lot. 

I see a LOT of people call things "scams" that aren't really "scams".  Mastcoin was not a "scam".  The price dropped, and people sold before any new course of action could be taken.  Now we are discussing new courses of action, yet people are STILL claiming "scam", when I have made contact with the developers and they are DEFINITELY around.  They haven't left, but they want someone else to handle PR.  That is what people were asking for for the last couple weeks, and now they have that Smiley 

Chris

Great points, but they dont apply to how crypto works. This space is so competitive right now that a week of silence spells disaster for non established alt coins, and Mast surely is a non established altcoin, withering away, joining the grave of alts. I never called Mast a scam, but looking at the charts,  it certainly feels like a scam. Good luck trying to revive a dying coin. BTW the recycler is no longer unique to Mast. BitcoinDark will have a feature "InstantDex" which will essentially be a recycler. And also due note that James, the main developer for BTCD, makes updates on an hourly basis...fully committed to the project. This keeps the community updated, cohesive, confident...and guess what the price and volume reflect it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.2620 Ill stop trolling now.

I get where you're coming from, but people who expect weekly progress from software development are either unaware of how software development works, or REALLY aren't investing for development.

If you are making hourly updates on software progress, you are doing something wrong.  As well, if you need hourly updates from your developer, then you don't REALLY trust the developer.

Chris
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am not disagreeing that "if" they were working full time on this up until now Mast "could" be at 100k.  BUT, I must continue to assert that these people have lives, and jobs, and if you aren't willing to pay their bills for them right now, expecting them to work full time without that assertion is kind of unreasonable.  I have NEVER seen anywhere them say they are "full time" on this project, and to that extent, if the code is solid, it SHOULDN'T need weekly updates.  The only reason Darkcoin needed a lot of work is because the Masternode payments didn't work immediately, and they needed to fix a lot. 

I see a LOT of people call things "scams" that aren't really "scams".  Mastcoin was not a "scam".  The price dropped, and people sold before any new course of action could be taken.  Now we are discussing new courses of action, yet people are STILL claiming "scam", when I have made contact with the developers and they are DEFINITELY around.  They haven't left, but they want someone else to handle PR.  That is what people were asking for for the last couple weeks, and now they have that Smiley 

Chris

Great points, but they dont apply to how crypto works. This space is so competitive right now that a week of silence spells disaster for non established alt coins, and Mast surely is a non established altcoin, withering away, joining the grave of alts. I never called Mast a scam, but looking at the charts,  it certainly feels like a scam. Good luck trying to revive a dying coin. BTW the recycler is no longer unique to Mast. BitcoinDark will have a feature "InstantDex" which will essentially be a recycler. And also due note that James, the main developer for BTCD, makes updates on an hourly basis...fully committed to the project. This keeps the community updated, cohesive, confident...and guess what the price and volume reflect it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.2620 Ill stop trolling now.
Quiet forum is quiet.
tabali tigi for mod  Grin
I'm surprised anyone assumed the devs would work on the coin full time. Coin dev as a full time job is an exception rather than the rule, look at Evan Duffield and darkcoin, it was a big thing when he announced that he would work on the coin full time. AFAIK mast had no IPO and only a small premine which was used for bounties anyway, so how could the devs make a living from coding it? Unless they explicitly said that this was a full time thing then anyone investing on that basis was very naive.

Anyway as has already been said, it would be good if the devs could return with a chance to do their work without getting lambasted for having commitments outside of crypto. Personally I harbour no ill will towards them.

you dont see too many other devs from legit coins getting lambasted by their community do you? The only devs i see getting lambasted by its own community are the scam coin devs. Does the XC community lambast their devs...no. Does the Cloak community lambast their devs...no. You know why, because theyre constantly working, and you know how much gains their respective coins have had in the past 2 months because of their active development? The figures are staggering. And im sure the devs have profited quite well too, again because of their constant hard work. Of course I can name you more coins and examples, of which none of them are Mast, but for the sake of the argument I just gave two examples. I dont even know why we're debating about this issue. Mast devs fucked up plain and simple. And they missed a good chance themselves to make good money. Mast couldve easily been 100k by now if it was a full time job.

Chris
I'm surprised anyone assumed the devs would work on the coin full time. Coin dev as a full time job is an exception rather than the rule, look at Evan Duffield and darkcoin, it was a big thing when he announced that he would work on the coin full time. AFAIK mast had no IPO and only a small premine which was used for bounties anyway, so how could the devs make a living from coding it? Unless they explicitly said that this was a full time thing then anyone investing on that basis was very naive.

Anyway as has already been said, it would be good if the devs could return with a chance to do their work without getting lambasted for having commitments outside of crypto. Personally I harbour no ill will towards them.

you dont see too many other devs from legit coins getting lambasted by their community do you? The only devs i see getting lambasted by its own community are the scam coin devs. Does the XC community lambast their devs...no. Does the Cloak community lambast their devs...no. You know why, because theyre constantly working, and you know how much gains their respective coins have had in the past 2 months because of their active development? The figures are staggering. And im sure the devs have profited quite well too, again because of their constant hard work. Of course I can name you more coins and examples, of which none of them are Mast, but for the sake of the argument I just gave two examples. I dont even know why we're debating about this issue. Mast devs fucked up plain and simple. And they missed a good chance themselves to make good money. Mast couldve easily been 100k by now if it was a full time job.
Activity: 392

You're not being a pompous asshole. What you say is common sense. All I am saying is the mastcoin dev should have been transparent about the fact that he and his team would not be able to work for this coin full time, that way investors who were willing to take the risk, and who believed in the innovation, wouldnt have bought so high and wouldnt have taken as much of a risk if they new those details. And obviously Chris's and your help is appreciated..I'm merely eluding to how this project was handled by the original devs.

Well, if you give me a chance, I will let you publicly lambast me by name.  Just let the devs come back and give them a chance to do their work.  My team and I will handle the PR work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ltzbiB_DQ

Wink
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
you could ask ipominer whats up with the coin. i saw someone mentioning, that "someone" from ipominer is behind mast(iff)coin.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7039636

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7046521
You're not being a pompous asshole. What you say is common sense. All I am saying is the mastcoin dev should have been transparent about the fact that he and his team would not be able to work for this coin full time, that way investors who were willing to take the risk, and who believed in the innovation, wouldnt have bought so high and wouldnt have taken as much of a risk if they new those details. And obviously Chris's and your help is appreciated..I'm merely eluding to how this project was handled by the original devs.

One problem with anonymity I suppose...  You can never really tell one's true intentions, but I want a safe place for the old Devs to return to, if they so choose.  Be angry at them now but if they do return I just want everyone to have the same mindset that they came back to help, that's all.
2 things.  So many people are pissed off because they lost thousands.  You all forgot the first rule of investing.  Do it as if you're going to lose it all anyway.  It's no ones' fault you decided to put thousands into a thing that just started out.  New coins die all the time and you knew right out the gate this is the riskiest territory to be in, period.  I'm sorry you all lost out, I truly am, but for future investments please remember the first rule...

2.  Do you want my help Developing??

Edit:  Also, if you want to make the money back on this investment, why not help us turn it around?

Its not about the thousands of investor dollars going to the dumps. It's about being honest from the getgo. Do you think I wouldve put all those btc into this project if I had know that the devs have their full time jobs and are only doing this on the side? No, I wouldnt have touched this coin at all. I wouldve waited till the price tanked to 100 sats, then bought in for a small amount I dont care enough to lose. People bought when prices were 10k..thats straight up robbery. Of course all this would have been avoided if the devs had been a little transparent from the beginning and perhaps set some road map with a general timeline, so investors wouldnt get screwed thinking that development was going to be fast and competative like some other coins out there, worthy of investing in.

Again, (I feel like a pompous asshole saying this) you knew the risk of pump/dump coins before you bought, right?  Sorry to be blunt about it but the fact remains there is always a risk factor to investing, not every coin is going to make it and plenty are blatant scams (such as DOJE), but the fact remains I'm going to try and help this coin as well as Chris and hopefully we can get a ball rolling to recover.  BUT if old Devs came back, this would significantly help us in terms of productivity.  I merely jest, that if indeed they do come back, let bygones be bygones so we can recover on the fastest track possible.
Pages:
Jump to: