Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MULTI] HashBros Beta [OPTIONAL-PS][VD][1-1.5%][PPLNS] - page 2. (Read 6578 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Great, thanks. If waffle pool can do it im not too worried Smiley

Also looks like his profitability rankings are a tad delayed :/
easiest thing to do is look at source code. getblockreward in the main file of each coin.  PM if you need snippets or calculating code.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I edited my post as the last link was a duplicate and was meant to be to a different quote, good luck, you're more intelligent than me to implement all of this stuff, I just try to read and understand it Smiley
Activity: 224

Great, thanks. If waffle pool can do it im not too worried Smiley

Also looks like his profitability rankings are a tad delayed :/
Are you guys setup to predict the value of the next block for the various variable reward coins, yet?  (e.g. dogecoin, lottocoin)

Waiting for that before I give HashBros a try again, because calculating profitability based on average dogecoin reward make absolutely no sense at all.

We don't but we will in the future when it matters. Right now we don't mine doge or lotto because of diff. The estimated time to block time has to be less than 5 mins for us to even look at it.

I don't understand this logic.  Are you just trying to decrease variability?  The most profitable thing to mine is the most profitable thing to mine.  high diff increase your variance, but not your profits over time.
This is my point of view too, I go with overall profitability over variance avoidance. Yes we could be unlucky and not hit a doge or lotto block in which case the mh/day would be lower, but our expected mh/day would be higher, regardless of the variance. Hell it could go the other way and we could be lucky straight out the bat.
But i think what matters it the Emh/day (expected megahash per day) regardless of the variance involved (even with high diff coins).

I think the idea of multicoin mining is the maximise our expected payout. By joining a pool we also lower our variance comparatively to just multicoin mining by ourselves.
Dont think its just about more consistent payouts, but more consistent higher payouts which is what happens when you mine the highest profitability coin (be it doge lotto annon franko) regardless of difficulty (in the long run, or short run the variance evens out).

People get pretty upset when there are rounds that are hours long without pay. It literally scares people away from the pool as I've had people complain. When we have a high enough hash rate to tackle doge blocks in under a couple hours I'll do it but now is just unreasonable.
Yes I can see why it would scare people off because of the potential variance, but possibly make it scalable to compensate for the fear of increased variance - say that dogecoin because it is harder to find a block has to be 1.2x more profitable than the second most profitable coin, because then you are increasing your Emh/day by A LOT so long term it will attract more people to the pool.

Basically as phzi mentions, we only then mine the really profitable doge blocks not the ones 500k and below (since its known during mining) and we drop it when it decreases. Yes it will make some 15min mining blocks 0.00 payout, but you will have some bumper ones, and our Emh/day is WAY higher, maximising pool profitability, which in turn maximises attraction for others, and maximises the pool owners fees too, win win.
Making it say 1.2x higher than the others profitability sort of is middleground (you can make it 1.3x or 1.4x if you want to be more risk averse).

Thats something to think about. I'm going to have to look into calculating the block variable block reward sizes, you have any other resources or should I just look at the blockchain as a reference?
Are you guys setup to predict the value of the next block for the various variable reward coins, yet?  (e.g. dogecoin, lottocoin)

Waiting for that before I give HashBros a try again, because calculating profitability based on average dogecoin reward make absolutely no sense at all.

We don't but we will in the future when it matters. Right now we don't mine doge or lotto because of diff. The estimated time to block time has to be less than 5 mins for us to even look at it.

I don't understand this logic.  Are you just trying to decrease variability?  The most profitable thing to mine is the most profitable thing to mine.  high diff increase your variance, but not your profits over time.
This is my point of view too, I go with overall profitability over variance avoidance. Yes we could be unlucky and not hit a doge or lotto block in which case the mh/day would be lower, but our expected mh/day would be higher, regardless of the variance. Hell it could go the other way and we could be lucky straight out the bat.
But i think what matters it the Emh/day (expected megahash per day) regardless of the variance involved (even with high diff coins).

I think the idea of multicoin mining is the maximise our expected payout. By joining a pool we also lower our variance comparatively to just multicoin mining by ourselves.
Dont think its just about more consistent payouts, but more consistent higher payouts which is what happens when you mine the highest profitability coin (be it doge lotto annon franko) regardless of difficulty (in the long run, or short run the variance evens out).

People get pretty upset when there are rounds that are hours long without pay. It literally scares people away from the pool as I've had people complain. When we have a high enough hash rate to tackle doge blocks in under a couple hours I'll do it but now is just unreasonable.
Yes I can see why it would scare people off because of the potential variance, but possibly make it scalable to compensate for the fear of increased variance - say that dogecoin because it is harder to find a block has to be 1.2x more profitable than the second most profitable coin, because then you are increasing your Emh/day by A LOT so long term it will attract more people to the pool.

Basically as phzi mentions, we only then mine the really profitable doge blocks not the ones 500k and below (since its known during mining) and we drop it when it decreases. Yes it will make some 15min mining blocks 0.00 payout, but you will have some bumper ones, and our Emh/day is WAY higher, maximising pool profitability, which in turn maximises attraction for others, and maximises the pool owners fees too, win win.
Making it say 1.2x higher than the others profitability sort of is middleground (you can make it 1.3x or 1.4x if you want to be more risk averse).
People aren't as smart as you guys and don't think as long term. If they don't see earnings within hours they will bounce and I'm trying just to survive now.

Solution: only mine the extremely profitable doge blocks... say, those that will be over 800,000,000 reward.  Sure it might take you a few days to hit one, but the pool will absolutely profit in the end.  And switch off doge as soon as a block is found and the next block's reward is lower.

Funny how that question doesn't get asked then gets asked twice within 5 minutes, great minds think alike!
So currently we're not mining the higher difficulty coins because of fear of increased variance (even tho long term payout would be better), is there a way to display on the profitability page then, the coins that currently are unminable by our pool, so that when we go on we don't see say Dogecoin top, then Lotto second and wonder why instead we are mining the third choice coin at much lower profitability?
You could just put a line overlaying the whole of the coin to give the user an idea of what is and isn't currently possible.

What I may do is have a rotation listed under the profit switching pool under the pools tab. The profitability page is more for the public as a resource. This will have to be thoroughly explained because I get it ALL the time, "Why aren't you mining DOGE?!".
The whole purpose of pooled mining is to join efforts for more consistent payouts. Why would we mine DOGE as a pool when our estimated time to find a block is over 1 day. That is absolutely retarded. Is it more profitable? In a utopian world yes but it could take plus or minus hours and be much more or much less profitable than it really is. By the time we find a block it could crash and not be as profitable as it once was.

Funny how that question doesn't get asked then gets asked twice within 5 minutes, great minds think alike!
So currently we're not mining the higher difficulty coins because of fear of increased variance (even tho long term payout would be better), is there a way to display on the profitability page then, the coins that currently are unminable by our pool, so that when we go on we don't see say Dogecoin top, then Lotto second and wonder why instead we are mining the third choice coin at much lower profitability?
You could just put a line overlaying the whole of the coin to give the user an idea of what is and isn't currently possible.
Are you guys setup to predict the value of the next block for the various variable reward coins, yet?  (e.g. dogecoin, lottocoin)

I don't understand this logic.  Are you just trying to decrease variability?  The most profitable thing to mine is the most profitable thing to mine.  high diff increase your variance, but not your profits over time.
Are you guys setup to predict the value of the next block for the various variable reward coins, yet?  (e.g. dogecoin, lottocoin)

I've just pointed another couple of mh at you anyway, good feedback so far.

I was wondering if you had any input on the way you calculate profitability of certain coins, such as dogecoin. On your profitability index it is assumed the block reward is 500000.00 which is the same as dustcoin etc list, however I have read that this is the average block reward, and that each block reward is actually independent, and that the block reward is known BEFORE it is mined. Therefore by knowing if the current block reward is over 500000.00 you know it is more important to mine as more profitable, where as if the current block were only 100000.00 (5x lower) you would know it is 5x less profitable.
Another mulitmining pool on the up, wafflepool has written about this a fair few times, this being in one of his posts:

"This is the way most pools do it, and you're absolutely right that statistical averages work out to 500k/block (using doge for the rest of this example).  However, the block reward for the block you're _actively_ mining for is known when you're mining it.  It is based on the last known block hash.

For example (and its a really ELI5 style example - the actual code is much more complex).  But say the next block reward is worth whatever the last digit of the previous block hash was (assume 0-15 for last digit values).  Statistically you'd earn 8 coins for the next block, however, if we know for a fact that the last block hash ended in "F" (15), we know that the next block reward is definitively going to be worth 15 coins.  Which makes for a _much_ different profitability calculation for if the next block is worth mining.  Since the function for generating block rewards is known (in the client), and all the inputs are known (previous block hash, etc), we can use the _actual_ block reward, rather than the statistical average in our calculations.  Long term, this should give us better performance in earnings. "

Thanks.

Right so we don't calculate this internally and this is certainly something we wouldn't display on the public API for free. Since we've never had the ability to mine something like DOGE it's never really mattered to us because the DIFF is just too high. But that is definitely something to look into for lottocoin.

I've just pointed another couple of mh at you anyway, good feedback so far.

I was wondering if you had any input on the way you calculate profitability of certain coins, such as dogecoin. On your profitability index it is assumed the block reward is 500000.00 which is the same as dustcoin etc list, however I have read that this is the average block reward, and that each block reward is actually independent, and that the block reward is known BEFORE it is mined. Therefore by knowing if the current block reward is over 500000.00 you know it is more important to mine as more profitable, where as if the current block were only 100000.00 (5x lower) you would know it is 5x less profitable.
Another mulitmining pool on the up, wafflepool has written about this a fair few times, this being in one of his posts:

"This is the way most pools do it, and you're absolutely right that statistical averages work out to 500k/block (using doge for the rest of this example).  However, the block reward for the block you're _actively_ mining for is known when you're mining it.  It is based on the last known block hash.

For example (and its a really ELI5 style example - the actual code is much more complex).  But say the next block reward is worth whatever the last digit of the previous block hash was (assume 0-15 for last digit values).  Statistically you'd earn 8 coins for the next block, however, if we know for a fact that the last block hash ended in "F" (15), we know that the next block reward is definitively going to be worth 15 coins.  Which makes for a _much_ different profitability calculation for if the next block is worth mining.  Since the function for generating block rewards is known (in the client), and all the inputs are known (previous block hash, etc), we can use the _actual_ block reward, rather than the statistical average in our calculations.  Long term, this should give us better performance in earnings. "

Thanks.
Nice, I think you've got a brilliant GUI on the website atm, and 0.008 per mh atm is a pretty good base to start at - middlecoin which you're undoubtedly going to be compared to is only averaging ~0.01 at the minute, so we're only slightly trailing currently and this is still early stages of the pool.
Hopefully the potential flaw you spotted makes it even more profitable Smiley

Also, we lost hashes for about 45 mins last night so thats will kill our BTC/MH pretty hard.
Nice, I think you've got a brilliant GUI on the website atm, and 0.008 per mh atm is a pretty good base to start at - middlecoin which you're undoubtedly going to be compared to is only averaging ~0.01 at the minute, so we're only slightly trailing currently and this is still early stages of the pool.
Hopefully the potential flaw you spotted makes it even more profitable Smiley

Well I just fixed the bug and you can see the share rate has exploded since we are now accounting for diff. What it will actually do is propagate earnings more properly. Our top hasher just lost percentage from 22% to 14%. So that means more earnings for me and you.
Pages:
Jump to: