Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 16. (Read 131134 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 0
Greetings. And what is the main purpose of the platform? Curious to know more about it

Hi!

The purpose is payments. Try it our here and you'll see is the easiest payment experience while at the same time enabling you to connect directly to the blockchain network from your browser, running a Nimiq node.

You are just lying. Running a Nimiq pico/nano node. Not a full node.

Show me the one who wants to connect to something from their browser, and Ill spit in that dumbass' face. Hey everyone behold my virtual power, bla bla I can connect to somewhere from my browser yay Im the embodiment of universal power and absolution. I connected! Wow what the hell, this is the dumbest thing to waste ur time on. If u got 24h of spare time per day u can still waste it more effectively than doing this.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any time a honeypot js script to sniff all private keys and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letter ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like nimiq.
Activity: 38
Merit: 5
Nothing to see here people. This is just a blockchain designed by kids, for kids.
Look how childish the avatars are.

These avatars serve a purpose, they are meant to be easy to recognize in the blink of an eye.
As for the art in itself a lot of people seem to appreciate it as they use them as profile image on their social media accounts.  Wink
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Greetings. And what is the main purpose of the platform? Curious to know more about it

Hi!

The purpose is payments. Try it our here and you'll see is the easiest payment experience while at the same time enabling you to connect directly to the blockchain network from your browser, running a Nimiq node.

Show me the one who wants to connect to something from their browser, and Ill spit in that dumbass' face. Hey everyone behold my virtual power, bla bla I can connect to somewhere from my browser yay Im the embodiment of universal power and absolution. I connected! Wow what the hell, this is the dumbest thing to waste ur time on. If u got 24h of spare time per day u can still waste it more effectively than doing this.

I imagine people thought the same when Web Mail (AOL, Hotmail, Gmail) came out and they were still using local Email Clients. Or when people first saw Wikipedia... why do you need that if you already have Encarta  Wink

I appreciate your honest (and a bit aggressive) opinion. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and if you search opinions about WebApps I think you can find a lot about their potential in the future. If you actually think about it, how many of the apps that you use daily are Web Apps (or are based in a Web App already) like Wikipedia, Google, Spotify, Youtube, Gmail, etc.

Now let me ask you something. Can you think of any popular app that has no WebApp and works only as a Native App?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Are you spitting in the face of billions of Internet users?
Activity: 658
Merit: 124

Hi!

I heard about NIMQ partnership with WEG BANK: https://www.coindesk.com/a-small-bank-in-germany-is-now-nearly-30-owned-by-crypto-companies
I see LISK is involved too,
I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

Regarding the relationship between Nimiq, LISK and WEG Bank:

- Nimiq owns stake in WEG bank. Lisk created an enterprise account in the same bank
- Nimiq and Lisk are both based in JavaScript (although a new high performance implementation of Nimiq in Rust is also being tested right now)
- Lisk focuses on Smart Contracts for Companies, allowing them to spin up their own Blockchain. Nimiq focuses only on payments
- Team Nimiq is a personal acquaintance of Lisk's Latin American Manager, that's the reason of this blog post.

In summary: there are indeed some similarities and synergies between Nimiq and Lisk. Right now there is no specific cooperation announced other than brainstorming possible ways to collaborate.
I heard about NIMQ partnership with WEG BANK: https://www.coindesk.com/a-small-bank-in-germany-is-now-nearly-30-owned-by-crypto-companies
I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

Direct cooperation between Lisk and Nimiq would be amazing!

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c

Nimiq seems to be too shady for me and I hope it won't cooparate with Lisk as I have significant amount of money invested (wasted :|) in LISK
There was too much doubt spread here in this topic about Nimq - and I can't find any reliable explanation unfortunatelly

The doubt and trolling is spread by one single user with alts, don't be fooled by that.

If you have any specific questions you can post them here and we will answer you right away with all the reliable explanations and proofs you've ever dreamed of  Wink
Merit: 5

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c

Nimiq seems to be too shady for me and I hope it won't cooparate with Lisk as I have significant amount of money invested (wasted :|) in LISK
There was too much doubt spread here in this topic about Nimq - and I can't find any reliable explanation unfortunatelly

The "doubt" you speak about is merely one or two bad actors using multiple accounts to astroturf the discussion and defame the developers.
If you want reliable explanations I invite you to come ask questions on Telegram or Discord, the community will be more than happy to provide answers.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
What does your gut tell you?

If you surf to www.nimiq.com and create a wallet, how does the UI feel?

If you obtain some NIM and pass some to your friends within 30 seconds.

No install needed. No PhD required. Just URL, a few taps and ready to pay worldwide. Easy. Effortless.

Does your gut tell you that you are looking at something nice?
Something that Libra could suck a point to?
Something that a scammer would build with a lot of attention to detail?
Something included in major shopping plugins like Woocommerce?

I can then you what my gut tells me: undervalued and massive potential.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c

Activity: 49
Merit: 2
Nimiq is excited to announce a collaboration with the Canadian crypto payment processor Bidali.

As an immediate outcome, this collaboration allows #Nimiq users to buy items and services

from known brands using gift cards from Bidali’s website or NimiqGiftCards

Learn more about it here!

I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Activity: 49
The new whitepaper provides insight on how #Nimiq is addressing

four key challenges of #cryptocurrency adoption: scalability, accessibility, usability, and interoperability.

Read the new Nimiq Whitepaper here!

Activity: 71
Merit: 7
New to the Nimiq World?
Here is a quick tour to learn everything you need to know to get started!

Nimiq: Easiest cryptocurrency!
Try it: https://safe.nimiq.com
Summary: https://nimiq.com/en/#onepager
Whitepaper & Roadmap: https://nimiq.com/whitepaper/

@nimiqshitcoin forgot about his statistics again:

Your last 24 hours:

4/28 21:25 Active as robin.nimiq (about 15 min)
4/28 23:35 Active as robin.nimiq (about 5 min)
4/29 10:50 Active as robin.nimiq (about 5 min)
4/29 12:30 Log out from robin.nimiq and log into matthewgpu
4/29 12:30 Active as matthewgpu (about 15 min)
4/29 12:35 Post as matthewgpu
4/29 13:15 Active as matthewgpu (about 5 min)
4/29 14:00 Active as matthewgpu (about 20 min)
4/29 14:45 Active as matthewgpu (about 5 min)
4/29 15:10 Active as matthewgpu (about 5 min)
4/29 16:15 Active as matthewgpu (about 20 min)
4/29 16:20 Post as matthewgpu
4/29 17:00 Active as matthewgpu (about 5 min)
4/29 17:45 Active as matthewgpu (about 5 min)
4/29 18:10 Active as matthewgpu (about 5 min)
4/29 18:10 Post as matthewgpu
4/29 20:50 Active as matthewgpu (about 15 min)
4/29 21:00 Post as matthewgpu
4/29 21:05 Log out from matthewgpu and log into robin.nimiq
4/28 21:05 Active as robin.nimiq (about 20 min)
4/29 21:10 Post as robin.nimiq
4/29 21:25 Log out from robin.nimiq and log into nimiqshitcoin and matthewgpu
4/29 21:30 Log into robin.nimiq again, trying to confuse me I guess Cheesy

Activity: 329
Merit: 0
You are just talking to yourself. Nobody gives a fuck about your shitcoin. Nobody is interested into this shitcoin where everybody lost money since the ICO investment. Now, they switch to Proof of Stake as well. SCAM SCAM

lol you just buy high sell low. poor bastard  Grin
and now crying everywhere a project is scam because he lost his investment  Grin Grin Grin

Yes. I lost money exactly like 3000 other stupid investors just like me, giving money to these scammers.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Made a mistake on selling account ddnt read rules
You are just talking to yourself. Nobody gives a fuck about your shitcoin. Nobody is interested into this shitcoin where everybody lost money since the ICO investment. Now, they switch to Proof of Stake as well. SCAM SCAM

lol you just buy high sell low. poor bastard  Grin
and now crying everywhere a project is scam because he lost his investment  Grin Grin Grin

Hi!

Exactly, running a pic/nano node. Thanks for the addition dear friend.

Nano Nodes
Nano Nodes are the preferred node type for Browser Clients, since they require less data to be downloaded (~ 2MB) in order to establish consensus.

Similar to light nodes, they determine the current state of the blockchain using NIPoPoW, but then only download block headers and the minimal amount of information related to its own accounts. Once the correct state has been worked out, i.e. consensus established, account balances can be cryptographically proven to this type of node.

Pico Nodes
Similar to the Nano Node, the Pico Node uses the Accounts Tree and account proofs. But instead of syncing block headers using NiPoPoW, it will first test if all its peers are on the same head hash (or a neighboring hash) and, if that is the case, it will accept that head as the correct one. This is also referred to as an optimistic approach. Only if it receives incompatible head hashes will it fall back on the nano consensus.

The pico consensus is the latest development and is expected to replace the nano consensus as new default as soon as it’s fully established.
Pages:
Jump to: