Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 15. (Read 131134 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 0
No one in the corporate world is going to take this kiddie icons seriously.

You're all a bunch of stupid moonkids. Except nimiqshitcoin, thanks to him I learned how insecure their identicons are.
This is your account nimiqshitcoin?

The truth is we are not just one person but many.
We have come to exact retribution on this scam ICO which has robbed people of millions of dollars.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2

You're all a bunch of stupid moonkids. Except nimiqshitcoin, thanks to him I learned how insecure their identicons are.
This is your account nimiqshitcoin?
Activity: 148

This is simply not true and shows you have no idea about what you are talking about. You are just embarrassing yourself at this point.
- Nimiq is completely client-side and non-custodial so your information (encrypted keys) are stored only in your device, like MyEtherWallet does. Do you also have a problem with them?
- Users have multiple ways to interact with the Blockchain, Nimiq Safe is just one option provided by Team Nimiq. If you are concerned about security you can always run a Nimiq Full Node, it's very easy with Docker.
- The minimum character count on Nimiq passwords is 8, not 6. There are numerous client-side checks done on the password to help the user be secure (like avoiding 12345678 and such).
- Users are welcome to choose a longer password but for usability-sake 8 characters safe enough considering the file encrypted by the password is only stored in your device.

I think you must be stupid. I quote again what I fucking said.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any given time a honeypot js script (1 line of code) to sniff all private keys used in browser by users and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letters ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

Regarding your stupid identicons, anybody can crack your identicon making an identical clone in 2 minutes. I proved it with real numbers. so your security is fucked up. I think I can get you. You smoked to much crack.
Let's crack.

Please go ahead and try to "crack" Nimiq. There is a Bug Bounty Program managed by HackerOne where anyone that finds a real vulnerability can cash out up to $20'000. We encourage all serious programmers and researchers to join  Cool

Do I get a bounty for my vulnerability report, that in 2 minutes you can vanity generate any identicon ? This would not be possible with Ethereum identicons. I guess you are just ignorant and don't care about these, as you are just promoting the shitcoin to get some quick buck.

The way it works is you Send it to HackerOne and let them decide. They are an unbiased external Bug Bounty and Vulnerability Validation company trusted by more than 1'000 software companies like Ethereum, Monero and GitHub.

Post the link to the vulnerability report here and until then stop spamming about something that is really not a vulnerability.

FYI If you consider Ethereum and identicons check /weakicons]this blog post.

Philipp, you must have smoked way to much pot.

45 fucking minutes to get something that doesn't even look like the original. Your stupid identicon can be cracked in 2 minutes on an average computer. IDENTICAL IDENTICON. If we make some tweaks to avoid some similar colors, you can crack the nimiq identicon in 1 sec on a normal computer.
If you can hack, why don't you hack?
Activity: 251
Merit: 6

45 fucking minutes to get something that doesn't even look like the original. Your stupid identicon can be cracked in 2 minutes on an average computer. IDENTICAL IDENTICON. If we make some tweaks to avoid some similar colors, you can crack the nimiq identicon in 1 sec on a normal computer.

Nimiq has never claimed that identicons have 160-bit security and replace addresses. They exist to help identify your own accounts and defend against clipboard hijacking, that's it.

You said you were going to submit a serious vulnerability report to HackerOne. Do that, post the link and stop spamming, talking non-sense and insulting people.

I asked you before why you think this is a vulnerability and you didn't answer.

Why would I want to generate a similar identicon of the sender (original) identicon? What is your point here ignorant FUDDER?  Grin
Activity: 329

This is simply not true and shows you have no idea about what you are talking about. You are just embarrassing yourself at this point.
- Nimiq is completely client-side and non-custodial so your information (encrypted keys) are stored only in your device, like MyEtherWallet does. Do you also have a problem with them?
- Users have multiple ways to interact with the Blockchain, Nimiq Safe is just one option provided by Team Nimiq. If you are concerned about security you can always run a Nimiq Full Node, it's very easy with Docker.
- The minimum character count on Nimiq passwords is 8, not 6. There are numerous client-side checks done on the password to help the user be secure (like avoiding 12345678 and such).
- Users are welcome to choose a longer password but for usability-sake 8 characters safe enough considering the file encrypted by the password is only stored in your device.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any given time a honeypot js script (1 line of code) to sniff all private keys used in browser by users and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letters ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

Regarding your stupid identicons, anybody can crack your identicon making an identical clone in 2 minutes. I proved it with real numbers. so your security is fucked up. I think I can get you. You smoked to much crack.
Let's crack.

Please go ahead and try to "crack" Nimiq. There is a Bug Bounty Program managed by HackerOne where anyone that finds a real vulnerability can cash out up to $20'000. We encourage all serious programmers and researchers to join  Cool

Do I get a bounty for my vulnerability report, that in 2 minutes you can vanity generate any identicon ? This would not be possible with Ethereum identicons. I guess you are just ignorant and don't care about these, as you are just promoting the shitcoin to get some quick buck.

The way it works is you Send it to HackerOne and let them decide. They are an unbiased external Bug Bounty and Vulnerability Validation company trusted by more than 1'000 software companies like Ethereum, Monero and GitHub.

Post the link to the vulnerability report here and until then stop spamming about something that is really not a vulnerability.

FYI If you consider Ethereum and identicons check /weakicons]this blog post.

Philipp, you must have smoked way to much pot.

https://i.imgur.com/nnzKdXh.png

Activity: 504
Merit: 137
Nope.
It’s almost like Libra, but then done right  Grin

Will be interesting to see how fast other people make the transition to Nimiq for "text-messenger-funds-transfers" once the noticed that Libra is a centralized sh*tcoin.

Nevertheless, I think Libra will be good for the crypto ecosystem as a whole.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
By following this thread, I learn more and more how carefully and diligently the Nimiq team has put all of this together  Shocked

Let's crack.

FYI If you consider Ethereum and identicons check this blog post.

Let's crack.

That means there are 10 * 9 * 8 * 21⁴ = 140,026,320 different identicons that can be generated, so Nimiq is capable of generating more than 100 million highly differentiated and instantly recognizable identicons. This protect users against malware and clipboard hijacking.

Yeah sure. It takes 5 minutes to do a full vanity search of 140,026,320 taking into considerations all possible colors and body parts. So, any "hacker" can generate an identical (identical!!!) identicon in a few minutes.

On bitcoin, a Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz (very old cpu), it scan (CPU only) 1.10 mkey/s. So, it would take 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon.

So your identicons really really suck breaching its security than any other solution.

Your FUD is just a joke at this point. Identicons are a way to visualize addresses and provide an extra layer of protection to users. The address is derived using BIP44 which is a standard among cryptocurrencies. You are clearly trying to confuse address derivation with identicon generation.

According to you, this is the vulnerability.

1- Hacker has to guess who I am going to send NIM to. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
2- Hacker tries to find an identicon that looks the same as the recipient he had to guess before. And hopes that's the one recipient I actually use. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
3- Hacker infects my device with clipboard hijacking. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable
4- Hacker executes clipboard hijacking and hopes I don't check the address. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable

When compared to other cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin or Ethereum), Nimiq provide steps from 1 and 2 as an extra layer of protection without adding complexity to the user. After that Nimiq is just like another cryptocurrency.

So your point is either:

- Nimiq provides more security to users than other cryptocurrencies  Smiley
- You have a feud against all cryptocurrencies  Huh
- You have a feud with Nimiq and are just making up BS to confuse users  Roll Eyes

Definitely, you must be smoking pot in Costa Rica. Your identicon is making it less secure to the user. Simple because it takes only 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon. A hacker if he knows the original address/identicon  he can generate an identical (100% identical fake address) in less than 2 minutes (number proved above). Your clipboard protection using this identicon is way less secure than in Ethereum. For ethereum to make an identical identicon would take years and to make one similar would take days or weeks, while in nimiq generating a fake identicon (identical) it takes 2 minutes.

Identicons are used as a protection when you send NIM to somebody else. To successfully hack someone you need to guess to whom that person is going to send NIM, generate a similar Identicon and try to change it via clipboard hijacking.

Why would I want to generate a similar identicon of the sender (original) identicon? What is your point here ignorant FUDDER?  Grin

Let's crack.

That means there are 10 * 9 * 8 * 21⁴ = 140,026,320 different identicons that can be generated, so Nimiq is capable of generating more than 100 million highly differentiated and instantly recognizable identicons. This protect users against malware and clipboard hijacking.

Yeah sure. It takes 5 minutes to do a full vanity search of 140,026,320 taking into considerations all possible colors and body parts. So, any "hacker" can generate an identical (identical!!!) identicon in a few minutes.

On bitcoin, a Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz (very old cpu), it scan (CPU only) 1.10 mkey/s. So, it would take 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon.

So your identicons really really suck breaching its security than any other solution.

Your FUD is just a joke at this point. Identicons are a way to visualize addresses and provide an extra layer of protection to users. The address is derived using BIP44 which is a standard among cryptocurrencies. You are clearly trying to confuse address derivation with identicon generation.

1- Hacker has to guess who I am going to send NIM to. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
2- Hacker tries to find an identicon that looks the same as the recipient he had to guess before. And hopes that's the one recipient I actually use. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
3- Hacker infects my device with clipboard hijacking. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable
4- Hacker executes clipboard hijacking and hopes I don't check the address. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable

When compared to other cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin or Ethereum), Nimiq provide steps from 1 and 2 as an extra layer of protection without adding complexity to the user. After that Nimiq is just like another cryptocurrency.

So your point is either:

- You have a feud with Nimiq and are just making up BS to confuse users  Roll Eyes

Definitely, you must be smoking pot in Costa Rica. Your identicon is making it less secure to the user. Simple because it takes only 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon. A hacker if he knows the original address/identicon  he can generate an identical (100% identical fake address) in less than 2 minutes (number proved above). Your clipboard protection using this identicon is way less secure than in Ethereum. For ethereum to make an identical identicon would take years and to make one similar would take days or weeks, while in nimiq generating a fake identicon (identical) it takes 2 minutes.

So your point is either:

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
It is crafted beautifully.

It’s almost like Libra, but then done right  Grin

Let's crack.

Greetings. And what is the main purpose of the platform? Curious to know more about it

Hi!

The purpose is payments. Try it our here and you'll see is the easiest payment experience while at the same time enabling you to connect directly to the blockchain network from your browser, running a Nimiq node.

You are just lying. Running a Nimiq pico/nano node. Not a full node.

Show me the one who wants to connect to something from their browser, and Ill spit in that dumbass' face. Hey everyone behold my virtual power, bla bla I can connect to somewhere from my browser yay Im the embodiment of universal power and absolution. I connected! Wow what the hell, this is the dumbest thing to waste ur time on. If u got 24h of spare time per day u can still waste it more effectively than doing this.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any time a honeypot js script to sniff all private keys and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letter ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

Nothing to see here people. This is just a blockchain designed by kids, for kids.
Look how childish the avatars are.

Yes! This is how Nimiq Identicons look:

There is a reason why they are so cheerful and different between each other. You can try them out here.

Each Nimiq Identicon has five different elements, bottoms, faces, sides, tops body, and background color. Each element has a distinctive color. In total, identicons are made up of a combination of:

• 21 bottoms
  • 21 faces
  • 21 sides
  • 21 tops
  • 8 colors for parts
  • 9 body colors
  • 10 background colors

If a Nimiq user is subject to a clipboard hijacking attack and the malware replaces the Nimiq address on the clipboard with an account address controlled by the attacker, then the user will paste this fraudulent address into the send field and the receiving addresses identicon will be shown instantly. If you are sending NIM to a friend and you see an identicon different from their usual one, then you instantly know that someone has launched a clipboard hijacking attack against you.

Nimiq is not the only blockchain with itenticons. This how Ethereum's identicons look:

Not so nice and easy to identify.

If you want to read more about Nimiq Identicons check out this blog post.
Pages:
Jump to: