Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NMC] Namecoin Wallet (QT) with integrated Name Registration v3.75 - page 16. (Read 78552 times)

Activity: 793
Merit: 1026
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
UPDATE: new in 3.64

Various Bug fixes/improvements
JSON Validation Check
Configure names for .bit domains (d/'s) is now much easier for the "standard user"..

Please use with care (works fine on windows, could use some linux testers)

Source
https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt

Binaries
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/3aa8ukj7v6m5d/Namecoin-qt

Mac files not updated*

Activity: 793
Merit: 1026
If you added the ability to start and stop the namecoin socks proxy within this, it would be perfect!  As it is, it's still friggin awesome; nice work!!!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Yes your posts are stored on your computer, do you have a backup?

Your posts did not disappear, idiots switched to an activity system

Off topic - but do you know how the activity system even works?
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
I just uploaded a new Mac build that brings the app up to the 0.3.63 code and includes a workaround for the crash-on-exit bug that some people were seeing. The link is over on the Mac Wallets thread that's referenced in my sig. Enjoy!

hi max, and awesome stuff ya'll!

so for technopeasants like myself looking to store/use their nmc sooner than later, what does it take to get a stable installer package out? anybody working on this or in the pipeline? i would offer up some nmc for this if that's more appropriate Smiley

bets of luck!

Activity: 456
Activity: 456
I just uploaded a new Mac build that brings the app up to the 0.3.63 code and includes a workaround for the crash-on-exit bug that some people were seeing. The link is over on the Mac Wallets thread that's referenced in my sig. Enjoy!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Just don't force close, you may have to redownload your corrupted blockchain
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
By me the version 3.62 didn't had any crash (the 3.56 yes) and starting time is acceptable but what is extremely nerving that shutting down  the client takes 20-30 minutes and during this time consumes a lot of system resources(more than by running and is almost freezing everything).
That was an an old WinXP.
Now I will try on Ubuntu on a new machine. I hope it will be faster.
Activity: 224
Try amd ramdrive

I wouldn't go that far. Also a bad idea if block chain grows past ram drive size limit. SSD or simply patience (just let it run for a day) solves the problem. Just don't be alarmed by the 'lag' or non responsiveness. It works, just slowly.
legendary
Activity: 224
The client just freezes everytime on my Win sys

it's probably not freezing.. check your hard disk activity.. it does seem to thrash the harddrive until the block chain has been fully downloaded.. (seems to do this with bitcoin/litecoin with me also)..

just need to be patient

but let me know if something else is happening.. or check your debug.log possibly..

Blockchain download is always a horrible experience for your hard drive. My QT just wouldn't answer for the longest time when I tried letting the database reside on a NAS. I moved it back to my SSD main drive (same as %appdata% dir) and it worked much better.
legendary
Yes be patient, my clients freeze for 15 mins
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

it's probably not freezing.. check your hard disk activity.. it does seem to thrash the harddrive until the block chain has been fully downloaded.. (seems to do this with bitcoin/litecoin with me also)..

just need to be patient

but let me know if something else is happening.. or check your debug.log possibly..

Backup on data yes but why should I backup my posts.
OK. I see now this is only my activity but as I look on my profile the number of posts there is still with 200 lower.
Unfortunately I didn't received until now my bitcoins from the crashed bitparking exchange what will be payed as reward for the namecoin client development.
legendary

As I see Namecoin is getting stronger and snailbrain is doing an excellent work.
Last week exactly my best computer crashed(only 5 years old) and only my 12 years old computer was working which I assembled from the cheapest components available at that time so I was busy setting up a new one. In the mean time as I see about 400 of my posts disappeared. Very strange. Was this site moved on another server ?
Soon I will continue testing the newest client.

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
On nmc-qt -testnet it shows up this and don't syncronize.

{
"version" : 36300,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 2506,
"timeoffset" : 3,
"connections" : 6,
"proxy" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"difficulty" : 0.06249911,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1370343280,
"keypoolsize" : 105,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."
}

As for the send message function, i think it will bloat the blockchain/network,
what should be done is, just standardize a parameter in the domain config,
that is " ip or url to send messages in X format" it could be a function of the nmc-qt
but there's no need to create a new messenger service, just add fields for icq, mail, bitmessage, etc etc
and another "this is my pgp " for example.
also add an easy way for looking up this details/properties of the domain.
I can't believe I'm running NamecoinQT! Brilliant!
Pages:
Jump to: