Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin - page 37. (Read 194190 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
Couldn't agree more with voephilisI, too quiet here...

Def far 2 quiet!!!
legendary
Tl;Dr

Is "slack" replacing irc, or just a different comm method for you?

I think slack is easier to catch up on for him. in IRC you can have massive logs if people start talking random stuff that may be difficult to filter. Slack is not really for general chitchatting I guess.

Nice update btw, I think it also clarifies a lot on your personal standing in this at the moment.

Not too hard to get an IRC/Slack bridge going!?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Tl;Dr

I think slack is easier to catch up on for him. in IRC you can have massive logs if people start talking random stuff that may be difficult to filter. Slack is not really for general chitchatting I guess.

Nice update btw, I think it also clarifies a lot on your personal standing in this at the moment.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Tl;Dr

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Latest from Slack last week while BTCtalk was down.

jasoncurby
- Also, site overhauls - getting professional layouts/design done (not myself on the side any longer) - ours are dated/convoluted. coin.noblemovement.com will become an animated landing page for NOBL (similar to the one-page marketing ones used by other coins), corporate.noblemovement.com for NOXT/business (managed under Avada theme - one of the best).
- Eagleflies has an invite here, will try and organise our layout for the new wallet, not sure why it wasn't carried over. Also updating Github, bullion is almost there, but need to resolve an issue with CoinPayments too.

Latest state of the update PDF on important areas in draft/point form: https://www.noblemovement.com/NOXT-May.pdf
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: yes
Join the slack group, the silence over there is much better  Tongue
Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently
Couldn't agree more with voephilisI, too quiet here...
legendary
Slack with a growing group. [email protected] for invite.

Also I've done a few cryptography courses, but I don't teach it (last time I read it was only if you taught it to overseas people too, haven't bothered reading it since). I think the law is a little funny, and ours never get as bad as they're made out to be (especially by joke sites like cryptocoinsnews).
legendary
Activity: 1123
SaluS - (SLS)

Holy shit thats bad! UK too.

Passed in 2012, the DTCA is scheduled to come into effect in May 2015.

Rofo you better get your ass outta there fast! Tongue

This will only make it worse for them in the long run.. Where will cryptographers be trained that actually help secure the country?

I don't think rofo should be to worried about this Wink

btw. where is rofo?

Aussieland

No Cheesy why he is silent in here was the question Cheesy

Unless you'r trying to start a FUD, click one page back and you will see his latest lengthy post.
legendary

This will only make it worse for them in the long run.. Where will cryptographers be trained that actually help secure the country?

btw. where is rofo?

Aussieland

No Cheesy why he is silent in here was the question Cheesy

He is probably working his ass off. Wink or being up side down on the other side of the earth is having a toll on his brain? Wink
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

btw. where is rofo?

Aussieland
legendary

legendary

legendary
Is NOXT slack still happening? I emailed and dm'd but no invite!? Sad

Yep, I'm guessing that because of BTT being down rofo couldn't get at the PMs to send the invites.

I'm on there, but there are only 4 of us!

I'm also joining the group soon. Invite is sitting in my mailbox, but haven't had the time yet to accept it.
legendary
my apologies, the invite was sent ages ago, missed it! Smiley
Activity: 691
Merit: 500

Yep, I'm guessing that because of BTT being down rofo couldn't get at the PMs to send the invites.

I'm on there, but there are only 4 of us!
legendary

There's a bunch of the reasoning/why behind the coming update. I hope it has made my angle slightly clearer rather than seem too convoluted.

Good explanation. I think ripple is a horrible example to follow though.
legendary
legendary
Could you elaborate on this?
- trying to open channels with ASIC/AUSTRAC,

I have no knowledge of what this consists of and what is being done to adhere.

ASIC and AUSTRAC would be Australia's equivalent to the SEC and FinCEN. For the most part it is far too early, but Overstock and a number of others (NASDAQ news too) show us the technology is being increasingly realised for its potential.

I am currently applying what I can as a system to the NOXT services (can't to a platform - yet), including AML/KYC, standards and licensing. But these are taken from current regulation and don't deal specifically with blockchains themselves. If I can get a foot in the door and work with government and corporate clients in blockchain technology (anything from conceptualisation, working on a regulatory framework, new digital currency department) then the business and coin is off to a good start.

In order to achieve this I am gearing up to release the papers, an analysis and response to their enquiry into digital currency, and asking a bunch of questions from those 'on the ground' (What do we need here? How do we handle this? How do we solve this problem? Do you think this particular feature in its current state is legal? etc.) Getting the interest of others in this area and trying to work together in turning Australia/Sydney/Canberra into a nice hotbed of digital currency activity. Ripple Labs placing their first international base of operations here for the Asia region is another good sign.

It's getting harder with the old money and bigwigs of the current financial system stepping in. But we still have grass-roots, history and 'real experience' in the digital currency world. Enough so I think that a business of at least medium size can be built.

That's the business/gov. side of things. The other is the ability to legally back the digital currency with gold (with transparent and redeemable at any time claims) and allow it to be used as money. The three concerns here are 1. using a token to represent gold in storage that only you can redeem and allowing that token to be traded in a decentralized manner and spent as a currency are treated very differently. 2. pegging it already enters a digital currency into regulation under ASIC laws and 3. being an administrator of a digital currency makes the entire process even more complicated for now.

In short all this is much smoother if I can open a channel with ASIC/AUSTRAC as a small but experimental step, ideally a case study, of what things might look like in a regulated future. They already allow for many exceptions for small transactions and businesses, but being an administrator and including gold can change things. Worst case it goes nowhere but the experience aids with contracts and I can apply other features to NOXT in the future.

Dark and anonymity coins are already in good hands, so I'm interested in this side.

I personally think BTC is a testbed and we will see our own corporate/private/government chains in 5 - 10 years instead (more control, less decentralization required). Another reason why all the companies getting big investment have diverged from having Bitcoin in their name, and all cover blockchain-related services. Easy to switch from BTC and accommodate other chains/colored coins in the future, perhaps presented by their core investors? Just random food for thought.

There's a bunch of the reasoning/why behind the coming update. I hope it has made my angle slightly clearer rather than seem too convoluted.
legendary
Could you elaborate on this?
- trying to open channels with ASIC/AUSTRAC,

I have no knowledge of what this consists of and what is being done to adhere.
Pages:
Jump to: