Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NPT] Neptunium | Cryptonight PoW | Secure, Anonymous and Community-focused - page 2. (Read 48456 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I can't sych my wallet now,does dev abandon NPT?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
the wallet cann't syn,how to do?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
any news about NPT?  Grin

It seems that the dev is a school kid/student that does this in his free time when he gets home after class. Unfortunately there is no future in cryptonite coins currently as it needs skillz and lots of effort to make a success of cryptonite. Only a few exchanges can accommodate these coins and you have to be able to walk on water if you want to get a cryptonite coin listed in the current environment. The same goes for the biker coin launched the other day. Only a highly skilled dev with lots of time can make a success of it and I dont think that those attributes exist in this case.

The best bet for NPT holders is a swap to another coin that requires less skillz but with some differentiating factor like a new algo, but at least something that smaller exchanges can accommodate. Unfortunately that is also not a game changer so I wouldn't put too much of hope on anything. Just play it by ear and if anything happens it is blue-sky.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
i can not sync  the wallet anymore, someone has the blockchain or node?

I still have a node running  neptuniumd --add-priority-node 104.156.253.111:4460

I have taken the pool down since there were no miners.
Activity: 149
legendary
I like the idea of a new algo such as x11evo, x13, blake2s, and others. However, there's not wrong with Cryptonote and what held me back was my lack of knowledge.

I can definitely consider a new coin with a new algo with a premise to be distributed to previous Neptunium holders. However, can also provide basic support for Neptunium and get thes nodes back up and running.

Tell me what you think.
I support your ideas to develop low temp algo and swap NPT .

If I pursue this goal I will probably start working on the new coin in a month or so and the distribution won't be that big. I don't want to release an ICO and have the premine under 10%.
So I was thinking 3% distributed to Neptunium coin holders based on their amount of NPT. 3% for free distribution (Maybe a signature campaign or just first come first serve). And the last 3% to go towards bounties so we can have reasonable incentive to build services around the coin.

That is 9%. Is 3% for NPT holders not a bit small?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I like the idea of a new algo such as x11evo, x13, blake2s, and others. However, there's not wrong with Cryptonote and what held me back was my lack of knowledge.

I can definitely consider a new coin with a new algo with a premise to be distributed to previous Neptunium holders. However, can also provide basic support for Neptunium and get thes nodes back up and running.

Tell me what you think.

If I pursue this goal I will probably start working on the new coin in a month or so and the distribution won't be that big. I don't want to release an ICO and have the premine under 10%.
So I was thinking 3% distributed to Neptunium coin holders based on their amount of NPT. 3% for free distribution (Maybe a signature campaign or just first come first serve). And the last 3% to go towards bounties so we can have reasonable incentive to build services around the coin.

seems a good idea, now people seems to like this kind of coin, with a new algo like x11evo this should do good enough

signature coin are a good new thing imo, attract many new comers easily, do it

Activity: 196

Tell me what you think.

Activity: 121

Tell me what you think.

Tell me what you think.
legendary

My AWS server went down. I'll try to get it started again if you are still interested. I stopped working on Neptunium because there was a lot of unanticipated issues coming from being Cryptonote coin that I didn't have the skill or time to address and progress came to a halt.

So can you confirm then that NPT is officially dead until you make a swop of some kind to a new coin?
legendary
i can not sync  the wallet anymore, someone has the blockchain or node?

My AWS server went down. I'll try to get it started again if you are still interested. I stopped working on Neptunium because there was a lot of unanticipated issues coming from being Cryptonote coin that I didn't have the skill or time to address and progress came to a halt.

maybe you can think about changin the algo, on something new like x11evo? with a good relaunch, or upgrading it to hodlcoin algo

but it would be worse in that case i think, no gpu miners for now

I would support an algo change. Nothing wrong with a CPU coin. When GPU miners become available they can hop on board.

It would be a good idea to create the new wallet and chain using a recent wallet as base and add in the new algo if you can. Then you can arrange a swop.
legendary
i can not sync  the wallet anymore, someone has the blockchain or node?

maybe you can think about changin the algo, on something new like x11evo? with a good relaunch, or upgrading it to hodlcoin algo

but it would be worse in that case i think, no gpu miners for now

legendary
Activity: 154
I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Neptunium is dead  Undecided

It's looking that way.  I've received no response to any of my posts so it looks like there is no interest in this coin.  I will be taking my pool offline in one week.  I'll keep a node running and will post that IP when the pool goes offline.  If you are mining on my pool which I doubt based on the hashrate please stop.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1049
Smart is not enough, there must be skills
Pages:
Jump to: