Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NYC] NEW YORK COIN at 2017 MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE IN NYC! - page 97. (Read 141357 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I still have wallet version 1.3.0 running on my PC and of course can't sync it or do anything with my coins.  I am lost when reading the instructions for updating to version 1.3.1.17. 

Is there someplace where a non-techy guy like me can find a simple step-by-step guide to back up my wallet and update to the latest version?
Activity: 418
Merit: 10
The unstoppable, unbreakable NYC!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
newyorkcoin-qt.exe v1.3.1.17-c932e02 doesn't seem to follow -datadir cmd line parm, why ?

Works fine for me. For example:  "C:\Program Files\NewYorkCoin\newyorkcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=D:\wallets\NewYorkCoin"  Version V-1.3.1.17

my bad, works fine now, maybe some ghost chars in registry or launch line

Could be, glad it's working for you now!
newyorkcoin-qt.exe v1.3.1.17-c932e02 doesn't seem to follow -datadir cmd line parm, why ?

Works fine for me. For example:  "C:\Program Files\NewYorkCoin\newyorkcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=D:\wallets\NewYorkCoin"  Version V-1.3.1.17
Activity: 641
Tradesatoshi wallet  again not   working  why?
Regarding Exchanges

Whenever I see someone (or coins) focusing on exchanges this shows me that they don't understand business.  And, politely, they they don't understand cryptocurrency--- at least the marketing, mechanics and distribution of it.

All this "we gotta get on _______ !!!"  "no man, we gotta get on ______ !!!! " is an huge waste of time.

Getting on an exchange does NOTHING to PERMANENTLY increase a coin's volume, recognition or growth.

Please notice that I wrote permanently.

It just means that more people will have access to purchase and trade it. And, they might.  They might. Being on the exchange does not mean that they will though.

People want a coin because of what it will *do*... because of what it represents... because of the people involved with the coin... because of the future roadmaps and plans... because of many reasons.

People do NOT want to buy a coin because "oh wow!  it's on Binance/Poloniex/whatever exchange"  That will get the coin noticed by pumpers and dumpers, not by people who want to truly hold, purchase and trade the coin.

(They're-- the pump and dump groups-- going to look and say "what low-volume coin can we manipulate since the people involved are desperate for action???" and then bam, we'll have 40-50-110% swings while they inflate and deflate the price, making money while it is going up AND while it is going down.)

If something works, be it a vacuum, water filter, cryptocurrency coin, car, perfume/cologne whatEVER, people will beat a path to the place that finds it and THEN everyone else will want to sell that item, because people *want* it.

Example-- Right now people buy Bitcoin and LOSE money-- willlingly-- because they are paying with gift cards--- that's how bad they want it, they don't care that they are losing 15-25% on TOP of their buying fees.  They are desperate for it and are willing to pay.

Don't chase exchanges.  Being available on the current exchanges is more than enough.  An exchange listing will not make the coin better and make people want to actually 1) hold it or 2) use it.

FOCUS ON UTILITY AND THE BUYERS WILL COME.  Focus on keeping communication channels like social media, Telegram and Twitter updated so people know what's going on.  Focus on these things and when the market picks back up people will say-- "you know what??? I need, I NEED to get some of that NewYorkCoin!  Where?  I don't care!  I want some now!"

Keep the doors open.  Keep the lights on.  Keep things running smoothly.

If you build it, they will come.  And it's already built, so when the next wave hits

they will come.

Actually, every exchange added increases visibility and exposes the project to more and more potential buyers. People have their favorite exchanges, not everyone is signed up on all exchanges, most casual buyers are only one or two and if your coin isn't there, they generally won't signup for more accounts just to buy it unless it does something amazing that others don't.

On the other hand, paying large fees is kin to blackmail so, projects have to be careful and shop exchanges for the value they can bring to the coin. It's not easy to balance value/cost when everything shifts as the price of the coin goes up and down. Bottom line? Be on as many exchanges as possible but don't pay huge fees just for the name.

Activity: 138
Merit: 1
Regarding Exchanges

Whenever I see someone (or coins) focusing on exchanges this shows me that they don't understand business.  And, politely, they they don't understand cryptocurrency--- at least the marketing, mechanics and distribution of it.

All this "we gotta get on _______ !!!"  "no man, we gotta get on ______ !!!! " is an huge waste of time.

Getting on an exchange does NOTHING to PERMANENTLY increase a coin's volume, recognition or growth.

Please notice that I wrote permanently.

It just means that more people will have access to purchase and trade it. And, they might.  They might. Being on the exchange does not mean that they will though.

People want a coin because of what it will *do*... because of what it represents... because of the people involved with the coin... because of the future roadmaps and plans... because of many reasons.

People do NOT want to buy a coin because "oh wow!  it's on Binance/Poloniex/whatever exchange"  That will get the coin noticed by pumpers and dumpers, not by people who want to truly hold, purchase and trade the coin.

(They're-- the pump and dump groups-- going to look and say "what low-volume coin can we manipulate since the people involved are desperate for action???" and then bam, we'll have 40-50-110% swings while they inflate and deflate the price, making money while it is going up AND while it is going down.)

If something works, be it a vacuum, water filter, cryptocurrency coin, car, perfume/cologne whatEVER, people will beat a path to the place that finds it and THEN everyone else will want to sell that item, because people *want* it.

Example-- Right now people buy Bitcoin and LOSE money-- willlingly-- because they are paying with gift cards--- that's how bad they want it, they don't care that they are losing 15-25% on TOP of their buying fees.  They are desperate for it and are willing to pay.

Don't chase exchanges.  Being available on the current exchanges is more than enough.  An exchange listing will not make the coin better and make people want to actually 1) hold it or 2) use it.

FOCUS ON UTILITY AND THE BUYERS WILL COME.  Focus on keeping communication channels like social media, Telegram and Twitter updated so people know what's going on.  Focus on these things and when the market picks back up people will say-- "you know what??? I need, I NEED to get some of that NewYorkCoin!  Where?  I don't care!  I want some now!"

Keep the doors open.  Keep the lights on.  Keep things running smoothly.

If you build it, they will come.  And it's already built, so when the next wave hits

they will come.

Activity: 219
The premise of exchange listing is to increase visibility of coin. To a larger audience with more capital. Any exchange smaller than Yobit is not helping NYC. In order to increase exposure of NYC, it must be listed on larger exchanges. With the real money players.

4Q will bring lots of excitement and attention to NYC. Big players with real money. And the result will be EPIC...

https://newyorkcoin.net
Consequently, due to the strategies of New York Coin team, which exchanges are current targets of NYXcoin?
Can you give me about those target exchanges, please.
The premise of exchange listing is to increase visibility of coin. To a larger audience with more capital. Any exchange smaller than Yobit is not helping NYC. In order to increase exposure of NYC, it must be listed on larger exchanges. With the real money players.

4Q will bring lots of excitement and attention to NYC. Big players with real money. And the result will be EPIC...

https://newyorkcoin.net
Activity: 36
Merit: 1
nice exchangers  coinexchange.io  cryptopia.co.nz for nyc to list

and this  exchangers are grow in volume by the day

binance fee is  to  much

I would love to see NYC on Cryptopia, but the listing fee is according to their site 4.000.000 DOT, ( https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinListings ), which is ~ $36.892, so no exactly super cheap.
dev. team contact crex24 .
i ask them here on crex24 forum about the hard fork  and  crex24 response ..  We are trying to contact NYC dev.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
NYC is 1 of the projects that I'm interested in, don't have any funds to spare, I wanna buy some so bad, though, it's killing me
Exchanges will soon be a worry of the past. Wasting time on no volume exchanges that will do nothing for NYC price or volume is demoralizing.

https://coinezi.com No Fee USDT Trading (including NYC) will be launching in 4Q!

nice exchangers  coinexchange.io  cryptopia.co.nz for nyc to list

and this  exchangers are grow in volume by the day

binance fee is  to  much
tradesatoshi.com/addcoin TO PROMOTE NYC  Featured Currency and Tipping Slot

lets  raise money for  this  Smiley

is cheap and for sure new member to nyc comunity

i test and is working
Coinomi Wallet has UPDATED early to v1.3.1.17!

Coinomi mobile wallet has updated NYC to v1.3.1.17 in advance of upcoming hard-fork to modernize security and begin block reward halving.

NYC hard-fork occurring at block #4,800,000 (October 27th, 2018).

https://github.com/NewYorkCoin-NYC/nycoin/releases/tag/1.3.1.17

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

theminingpool.online

NewYorkCoin [NYC] Scrypt algo Added to TheMiningPool.online!

NewYorkCoin [NYC] 
stratum+tcp://theminingpoolstratum.selfip.com:3088

If i have wallet.dat  from november last year

or i need to do week by week backup
Activity: 219
Everyone has their own methods of storing back-up files.

Store your wallet.dat file (and associated password) with care!
At different locations, some on computers, some on memory sticks, and some others on other places.
It's my approach to keep my backup file safely.
Everyone has their own methods of storing back-up files.

Store your wallet.dat file (and associated password) with care!
Pages:
Jump to: