Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][OFFICIAL] Garlicoin - Reddit's Garlic Bread Worshiping Currency - page 8. (Read 4820 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 39
Hi! Can someone tell me how to fix the cpu overload?

I have an i5 8600k @4800 and with just 3 1070ti my cpu is almost completely loaded.
Is tuet any setting I can adjust to lower the cpu load?

No, 1 cpu thread is used per GPU.  But when they change the algo it won't be that way anymore.  You can add --cpu-priority=1 to your bat but it will still use 1 thread per gpu.
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
Hi! Can someone tell me how to fix the cpu overload?

I have an i5 8600k @4800 and with just 3 1070ti my cpu is almost completely loaded.
Is tuet any setting I can adjust to lower the cpu load?
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
It's true - that old blockchain with all coins will be erased during hardfork? Or dev have any decision to swap 本 coins to new blockchain?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
scamming is misleading someone on purpose. do you really think that is happening?

Unfortunately you can scam people and not even be doing it on purpose. Think pyramid scheme where the lower level people are convinced its a real thing and are trying to recruit new people.

Garlcoin was claimed as ASIC resistant from day one. So whether they knew that to be true or not (doing it on purpose or not), yes people were scammed into thinking it; along with an unknowing (young to cryptos) community that was firm in the belief. So its just like the analogy I made. People not having the technical knowledge to know if it was true or not selling to other people their unjustified knowledge.

RELEASE THE TITANS!

That doesn't make it scam, what are u 12 and dont know the diff? Stop with the FUD ffs
Activity: 644
Merit: 274

Unfortunately you can scam people and not even be doing it on purpose. Think pyramid scheme where the lower level people are convinced its a real thing and are trying to recruit new people.

Garlcoin was claimed as ASIC resistant from day one. So whether they knew that to be true or not (doing it on purpose or not), yes people were scammed into thinking it; along with an unknowing (young to cryptos) community that was firm in the belief. So its just like the analogy I made. People not having the technical knowledge to know if it was true or not selling to other people their unjustified knowledge.

scam noun [ C ] uk ​ /skæm/ us ​ /skæm/ informal
an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people.

You can't even compare it to ponzi schemes... You can make your own definition of a word, but it won't be true just because.
Anyways im done with OFF.

scam skam/nouninformal noun: scam; plural noun: scams

1. a dishonest scheme

lol go back to your flat earth memes.
I like it when an idiot tells me what to do behind from an alt.

You can't even compare it to ponzi schemes... You can make your own definition of a word, but it won't be true just because.

scam skam/nouninformal noun: scam; plural noun: scams

1. a dishonest scheme

lol go back to your flat earth memes.

scamming is misleading someone on purpose. do you really think that is happening?

RELEASE THE TITANS!

Activity: 173
Merit: 5
you will die with your own behavior
This coin is very unique, seems to be lot of enthusiasts who will join here
Activity: 10
I really wanna support this coin but the scammy smell is not really pleasent
Is it possible to make GRLC truly ASIC resistant or is this project dead?

We're developing and releasing GIP-1 as soon as possible,

please continue all discussion on the new ANN thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annofficial-garlicoin-reddits-garlic-bread-worshiping-currency-2893116

Thank you Smiley

What's GIP-1?  are you changing the algo?  If keeping it the same I'm going to do another CPU upgrade for a 3rd rig.

Correct, it's a change of algorithm. Quote from our released statement (https://medium.com/@retosen.dev/an-explanation-3119e44407ba) here:

As a result I am developing the first Garlicoin Improvement Proposal (GIP). GIP-1 is currently being drafted and the implementation is being worked out — should the community show support for it, we as developers will do everything in our power to activate GIP-1 on the network.
GIP-1 will, put simply, be a hard fork to a new Proof of Work algorithm. There is a high possibility this will be Lyra2REv2, however other interesting developments in ASIC resistant proof of work — such as Ravencoin — could be implemented.
Activity: 32
if we buy garlicoin, any promotion like 0.1 garlic bread for each coin? Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 39
I really wanna support this coin but the scammy smell is not really pleasent
Is it possible to make GRLC truly ASIC resistant or is this project dead?

We're developing and releasing GIP-1 as soon as possible,

please continue all discussion on the new ANN thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annofficial-garlicoin-reddits-garlic-bread-worshiping-currency-2893116

Thank you Smiley

What's GIP-1?  are you changing the algo?  If keeping it the same I'm going to do another CPU upgrade for a 3rd rig.
Activity: 32
The most delicious currency of the future!
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
Glad to see the official announcement, it's been a fun couple of weeks.

Surprised meme.shopping hasn't jumped on here yet with those physical coins Wink
Well, kinda late. Tongue
Yeah, but at least it can't be hijacked by some uninformed wannabe scambuster. Wink
Activity: 79
Garlicoin Added to -=::[MIX POOL]::=-

http://pool.mixpool.ru/logo_s.png

http://pool.mixpool.ru/

Use your wallet address as your username, and c=GRLC as your password.
No registration required.

Miner command line:
Code:
ccminer-x64 --algo=scrypt:11 -o stratum+tcp://pool.mixpool.ru:4333 -u GK9mgbNkCR1r6ytESXsmURTuriL5hEWdu5 -listen -p c=GRLC
pause

Don't forget to use GRLC as password, or your shares will be lost
Don't forget to change -u once testing is complete to mine to your wallet

If you need technical support or other questions Please ask https://t.me/mixpoolru

Shouldn't it be --algo=scrypt:10?

Yes you are right! I didn't see it.
Activity: 196
Garlicoin Added to -=::[MIX POOL]::=-

http://pool.mixpool.ru/logo_s.png

http://pool.mixpool.ru/

Use your wallet address as your username, and c=GRLC as your password.
No registration required.

Miner command line:
Code:
ccminer-x64 --algo=scrypt:11 -o stratum+tcp://pool.mixpool.ru:4333 -u GK9mgbNkCR1r6ytESXsmURTuriL5hEWdu5 -listen -p c=GRLC
pause

Don't forget to use GRLC as password, or your shares will be lost
Don't forget to change -u once testing is complete to mine to your wallet

If you need technical support or other questions Please ask https://t.me/mixpoolru

Shouldn't it be --algo=scrypt:10?
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
GarliCoin @ MiningPower.NET

Fast and stable mining @ miningpower.net pool
Fee : Only 1.2%.
Payouts : Every 1 hour.

Come and join minigpower.net!

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://miningpower.net:4333 -u  -p c=GRLC

Code:
Pool host: miningpower.net