Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][OIC] OILCOIN - R E A D MANIFEST - DRILLINGTIME: JAN 06, 2014. 5 PM EST - page 15. (Read 29025 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
What's the Algorithm of OILCOIN, Scrypt?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I´ll bet my hat on that at least one pool or "someone" will start mining before lauch time. No, I´ll bet two hats on that!
Another coin of fairytale and nice pictures. There is one already. - And its quite successful.  Cheesy

I'll bet 3 hats against you.

seriously answer my question. how much is it going to be premined? Seems like you can easily hide under "it was released to a pool first and they must have mined 100k blocks already"
Activity: 182
I will start Exxon coin or Chevron coin next.. Roll Eyes

I do like coins design, maybe I will put some hash towards this tomorrow
Activity: 163
Amazon for BTC

+1 make it OIL and not OIC.

Also, i recommend 50 million coins total supply

Don't even think in enter in the billion's if you want to keep the coin alive.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
can't wait to start drilling  Cheesy
Activity: 224
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
I will mine it maybe 2 hours, maybe. And dump it ASAP. Maybe. Maybe if enough people will believe that shits and get it to any exchange (it will probably never happen).

If the coin is such hyped, the mining stops being profitable perhaps around 30 minute mark, depending on how fast is the difficulty retargeting for a coin. YMMV.
But perhaps 1 in 200 of these shitcoins actually becomes a valuable coin. As long as it is more than zero, there'll always be miners and buyers investing their BTC and HW, hoping into that 1/200 chance that this one is the lucky winner.

Considering that vital coin parameters (initial difficulty, retarget time, target block time, total coins ...) are missing, the coin may fail right after launch if the params are chosen badly (remember Nutcoin with its 6 second block? Everybody can mine thousands of blocks at min. difficulty - at their own fork of blockchain)

Well, I hope (if the coin won't fail horribly due to bad parameters) the sweet talk in the first post will perhaps persuade few people to hold, giving us more chance to quickly dump while many people still think the coin has some non-zero value Smiley
Activity: 797
ahahaha,

so if i understood well:

Oilcoin is just a scamcoin shitcoin where the shit in name is substituted by oil... wow.... much innovative. But the difference is that it is announced just a pure scamcoin for miners with a guide how to scam buyers. Wow. Another innovation.

+ some bullshits around that.

Shitcoin with legallized scam as intention...

Congratulations.

I will mine it maybe 2 hours, maybe. And dump it ASAP. Maybe. Maybe if enough people will believe that shits and get it to any exchange (it will probably never happen).
Activity: 28
So why is Oilcoin any different from other shitcoins?[/b] - There are two reasons why. But just wait a moment.

With the help of DOGE and maybe Coyne West the cryptoworld got a lot of attention the last weeks. Open Coinmarketcap.com and take a look at the #50-100 cryptocoin names. OK? Then take a look at the names #1-50. You probably noticed that the names of #1-50 are more serious minded. Now put yourself in the position of someone who read about cryptocurrency the first time and is looking at coinmarketcap.com. Those people probably never heard of mining either and don't have the time or don't want to dig deeper. There will be some people who will dig deeper and start mining XYZ Coin. Maybe some people made some coins and start trading on exchanges. Those people will not study the forum and announcements on a daily basis. They don't care about difficulty, blocks etc. - they just have some fun trading coins. Remember - I am talking about the people who are new to the cryptoworld. So where do those people invest/trade their coins? Of course they make their decisions by acting on instinct. For them the coin details (block, diff etc.) is just "nerd stuff" and they go along with the best name. You and I must admit, that oilcoin is a good name.

You are wrong on just about everything you posted above. I don't even know where to start so make it easier for me by
saying what part of your story you wanna see proven wrong first.

Code:
"You and I must admit, that oilcoin is a good name."
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
So why is Oilcoin any different from other shitcoins?[/b] - There are two reasons why. But just wait a moment.

With the help of DOGE and maybe Coyne West the cryptoworld got a lot of attention the last weeks. Open Coinmarketcap.com and take a look at the #50-100 cryptocoin names. OK? Then take a look at the names #1-50. You probably noticed that the names of #1-50 are more serious minded. Now put yourself in the position of someone who read about cryptocurrency the first time and is looking at coinmarketcap.com. Those people probably never heard of mining either and don't have the time or don't want to dig deeper. There will be some people who will dig deeper and start mining XYZ Coin. Maybe some people made some coins and start trading on exchanges. Those people will not study the forum and announcements on a daily basis. They don't care about difficulty, blocks etc. - they just have some fun trading coins. Remember - I am talking about the people who are new to the cryptoworld. So where do those people invest/trade their coins? Of course they make their decisions by acting on instinct. For them the coin details (block, diff etc.) is just "nerd stuff" and they go along with the best name. You and I must admit, that oilcoin is a good name.

You are wrong on just about everything you posted above. I don't even know where to start so make it easier for me by
saying what part of your story you wanna see proven wrong first.
Activity: 126
11h 30min  to start right Huh?

It's 5 PM EST. Not 5 AM EST. So more like 23:30 hours.

ahh +6h to my time not -6h     gmt+1    11pm here

thx
Activity: 462
11h 30min  to start right Huh?

It's 5 PM EST. Not 5 AM EST. So more like 23:30 hours.
11h 30min  to start right Huh?
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
This one is really good, will hold 90%.
legendary
I´ll bet my hat on that at least one pool or "someone" will start mining before lauch time. No, I´ll bet two hats on that!
Another coin of fairytale and nice pictures. There is one already. - And its quite successful.  Cheesy

seriously answer my question. how much is it going to be premined? Seems like you can easily hide under "it was released to a pool first and they must have mined 100k blocks already"
Activity: 28

Activity: 8
Seems interesting, I'll keep a lookout
legendary
would having a pool release first will hide any premining? we will only access the wallet 15 minute later and see blocks and not know how many of them were premined.
Pages:
Jump to: