Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announce] bitcoinmonitor.net - Free professional notification/payment service - page 4. (Read 19474 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Friendly note: PHP's support for grabbing the raw POST data is spotty - I solved it with:
file_get_contents('php://input')

You can manipulate the object however you'd like from there.

Thank you so much for this!!!

From that code i did this just for testing.
ob_start();
print_r(file_get_contents('php://input')); // This is where you have the object: file_get_contents('php://input')
$string = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$fp = fopen('data.txt', 'w');
fwrite($fp,$string );
fclose($fp);
?>

This will save the JSON into data.txt

thank you, i will give this a try soon.
Activity: 527
Merit: 250
Friendly note: PHP's support for grabbing the raw POST data is spotty - I solved it with:
file_get_contents('php://input')

You can manipulate the object however you'd like from there.

Thank you so much for this!!!

From that code i did this just for testing.
ob_start();
print_r(file_get_contents('php://input')); // This is where you have the object: file_get_contents('php://input')
$string = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$fp = fopen('data.txt', 'w');
fwrite($fp,$string );
fclose($fp);
?>

This will save the JSON into data.txt
donator
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I'm trying to get a PHP script to read the test http call back.

having some trouble, i tried to dump the $_POST and $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA into a file when the call back script is hit,

and it is hit but i always get null in the POST data.

what am i doing wrong?

anyone have some PHP examples working with bitcoinmonitor?
Code:
json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'))
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I'm trying to get a PHP script to read the test http call back.

having some trouble, i tried to dump the $_POST and $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA into a file when the call back script is hit,

and it is hit but i always get null in the POST data.

what am i doing wrong?

anyone have some PHP examples working with bitcoinmonitor?

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

Sorry, I have no idea if these settings are correct or not. Maybe you can try it with a different xmpp/jabber account (get one for free from jabber.org) to see if it is a google-talk specific issue?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Hmm, I need to check this later today when I am at home.
Hmm, I don't know what the problem might be. I could successfully send a test message to my own jabber account (made a fresh test account at einfachjabber.de). Also checked the logs and your test message was sent out without any error.
Maybe still some setting not right on Google side?
Hmm, I need to check this later today when I am at home.
legendary
RIP Mommy
I did that, tested it after adding "[email protected]" to my contact list (GTalk was already set to allow messages from everyone), and no message was received, even though the site generated an event number or something.
What do you put in the box for XMPP notification? Your Google Talk email address?
Yep, that should work. You can generate test xmpp messages on the support pages.
legendary
RIP Mommy
What do you put in the box for XMPP notification? Your Google Talk email address?
FYI - Site has run out of diskspace sometime this morning  Sad.
I could not react immediately on monitoring alert as I was not at home, so for some hours the service was not working.
Everything is back up and running since today afternoon ~15:00 german time. All missed blocks/transactions are processed in the meantime and the site is fully operational again.
Sorry for the inconvinience Undecided
Site had some load issues the last 24 hours, so you might have received notifications slower than usual. Somehow bitcoind was eating up CPU like crazy. Restarted it this evening and everything seems back to normal.
vip
Activity: 99
Merit: 15
You got it, exactly! Load the 'seed' to a deterministic wallet - much better lingo thanks Wink

It would mean if you have a dedicated wallet, say for a GLBSE Asset or a share business with multiple owners - if you implemented some basic templates enabling the user to classify the Outgoings (Purchase, Deposit, Investment, Fee etc) can do something similar for the Incomings (Interest, Dividend, Bond Payment, Loan Repayment etc) - anyone with a vested interest in that particular wallet could follow the flow - everything is transparent! Recurring addresses are already tagged, addresses known in advance can be tagged and classified from the beginning - the user just needs to update the tags for any new addresses that show up in the Outgoing or Incoming transactions.

You could even provide a nifty suite of exportable formats, colourful graphs and bells and whistles used in any other accounting reports - you could charge for it!   Cheesy

Are you interested in investors??  Tongue
Hi, nice project, I just opened an account to take a closer look.
I'm wondering.. if I created a dedicated wallet, say in Armory, and I loaded in the root characters needed to calculate all possible addresses, or a watching only copy, could this system keep track of any transactions that come through on the blockchain to a matching address? Say it was possible, how much might you need to create and maintain it? And could you pickup outgoing transactions as well using the same principal?

Let's see if I understand you correctly:
You use a client with deterministic wallet. You want to provide only the "seed" of the deterministic wallet to the bitcoinmonitor agent, so it can derive all bitcoin addresses automatically. Correct?
I can not say if this would be possible or how much work would be involved. I did not follow the deterministic wallet concept in detail so far. But it sounds very cool, because you would not need to enter all addresses manually/by API  Smiley

Regarding outgoing transactions: It is already possible to get notifications also on ougoing transactions. This can be configured for each agent individually.
vip
Activity: 99
Merit: 15
Hi, nice project, I just opened an account to take a closer look.
I'm wondering.. if I created a dedicated wallet, say in Armory, and I loaded in the root characters needed to calculate all possible addresses, or a watching only copy, could this system keep track of any transactions that come through on the blockchain to a matching address? Say it was possible, how much might you need to create and maintain it? And could you pickup outgoing transactions as well using the same principal?
On the topic of preventing double-spend attacks (race attacks):
  • The site's bitcoind now runs with -nolisten and increased number of connections (currently 100). So the chance for a successful race attack is dramatically reduced  Grin
  • I am still working in parallel on providing active race-attack detection and notification

Delayed notifications today

Today bitcoinmonitor.net had some trouble. Starting somewhere yesterday night the process handling new block events was hanging.

This had the following consequence:
  • 0-confirmation notifications were triggered and executed as usual (they are not depending on the new blocks handling)
  • All other notifications (1 to 10 confirmations) were not triggered

The site is now working again fully functional, and all missed notifications should be delivered by now.

I am still investigating what is the root cause of the hanging daemon process.
Until you have listening nodes, you can lessen the exposure to a race attack by disabling listening on bitcoind ( -nolisten) and by explicitly connecting (using -connect= ) to a well connected node.  It doesn't mean a race isn't possible, but that the chance that your notification will jive with what comes through in the next block will be > 50% (presumably) even if there were a race attack attempted.
What would be the best way to get a list of well-connected nodes? Is there some list of "trusted" nodes existing already which have valid DNS entries?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
So, if i move the main bitcoin daemon(s) i use for bitcoinmonitor.net to different systems (different IPs at different subnets), no one will know which bitcoind to target. Problem solved?

Well, you don't even need to do that.  Until you have listening nodes, you can lessen the exposure to a race attack by disabling listening on bitcoind ( -nolisten) and by explicitly connecting (using -connect= ) to a well connected node.  It doesn't mean a race isn't possible, but that the chance that your notification will jive with what comes through in the next block will be > 50% (presumably) even if there were a race attack attempted.
Pages:
Jump to: