Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announce] bitcoinmonitor.net - Free professional notification/payment service - page 7. (Read 19474 times)

donator
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Sure! Due to some other (unrelated) stuff needing my attention I had less time than expected to work on the API.
Status: The basics (Create/Read/Update/Delete) are working, but I am not decided yet on the authentication topic. But this should be solved soon and current plan is to have at least partial features available end of this week.
Looking forward to trying it out!
Activity: 488
Merit: 500
At the moment the API development is still in early stages as there are/were few other topics I want to get done before (feed implementation was the main point, one more bigger task to do). So it will take probably around 2 more weeks until i have a first API ready for testing.
Can I get a status update on this?
Sure! Due to some other (unrelated) stuff needing my attention I had less time than expected to work on the API.
Status: The basics (Create/Read/Update/Delete) are working, but I am not decided yet on the authentication topic. But this should be solved soon and current plan is to have at least partial features available end of this week.
donator
At the moment the API development is still in early stages as there are/were few other topics I want to get done before (feed implementation was the main point, one more bigger task to do). So it will take probably around 2 more weeks until i have a first API ready for testing.
Can I get a status update on this?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 209
Agents can now be configured to check for incoming transactions (Deposits), outgoing transactions (Withdrawals) or both. Useful e.g. if you want to keep an eye on your savings account and want to be alerted if any fund is removed without your knowledge Cool

Good idea..... bad thing is if you get that notification and you didn't send those coins your balance has probably been wiped

Hmpf. Something is going wrong on the production system with the new build, while at home everything runs perfectly. Rolled back to the previous release, so withdrawal notifications are currently NOT available.
Issue solved in the meantime. I should have known not to deploy being tired in the middle of the night - forgot to start the new build of bitcoind and the old one does not provide all necessary parameters with the block notification...
Hmpf. Something is going wrong on the production system with the new build, while at home everything runs perfectly. Rolled back to the previous release, so withdrawal notifications are currently NOT available.
New Feature online: withdrawal notification

Agents can now be configured to check for incoming transactions (Deposits), outgoing transactions (Withdrawals) or both. Useful e.g. if you want to keep an eye on your savings account and want to be alerted if any fund is removed without your knowledge Cool
This is available immediately for all types of notifications (currently email, newsfeed and url callback).

Also a potential issue is now fixed which could result in missed transactions/notifications (happened when a new block was received which contains a transaction which has not been seen before as an individual tx message. Now whenever a new block is coming in the contained transactions are double-checked to make sure I don't miss a notification). I don't think this ever happened so far, though Smiley

Have fun!
I've donated half a bitcoin, and will double my donation if you add functionality for addition and removal of an agent's watched addresses via an API call.
Appreciated :-)

This way, you don't have to constantly monitor hundreds of addresses that may or may not be in use, and I can ping you with a new address for every sale and remove it once it's done. Win/win situation. Bonus points if you can make it so that addresses not in use for N days are automatically removed.

Ha, this is exactly what I had in mind for the API!
Like you said, availability of these features should simplify both ends. At the moment the API development is still in early stages as there are/were few other topics I want to get done before (feed implementation was the main point, one more bigger task to do). So it will take probably around 2 more weeks until i have a first API ready for testing.
donator
I've donated half a bitcoin, and will double my donation if you add functionality for addition and removal of an agent's watched addresses via an API call.

This way, you don't have to constantly monitor hundreds of addresses that may or may not be in use, and I can ping you with a new address for every sale and remove it once it's done. Win/win situation. Bonus points if you can make it so that addresses not in use for N days are automatically removed.
Activity: 127
Like that idea! Maybe we can start a page on the bitcoin wiki to discuss/define the format?
Sure, or another thread for the discussion part.

For the rough part we seem to be using the same idea, some values concatted together with a secret value and hashed, the values and hash algorithm is different, but...
New Feature online: RSS/Atom feeds

Agents now have a new notification option. You can enable creation of feed entries in the agent settings. If feed entries are enabled for an agent, you will see two links "rss feed" and "atom feed" in the dashboard.

As an example I set up two feeds:
Check how many coins DeepBit is getting on the famous 1VayNert... address: Atom - RSS
Follow incoming donations for bitcoinmonitor.net: Atom - RSS

Note:
These links, by nature of rss/atom, are public. Anybody who knows the url can read them (and it is quite easy to guess feed urls with the current url scheme...). So it's probably not a good idea to setup an rss feed for your personal wallet unless you want everybody to know whats your income ;-)
Good to see another alternative to the old notify service Smiley

It would be neat if we all could agree on a subset of POST data, that we all send, so that the same code could be used with any notify service, afaik theres 4 to pick from now.

That does not prevent each software from adding extra data, just as long as the basic data is what is used for signature verification.

That would also mean any shop modules could easily be adapted for each site.

Like that idea! Maybe we can start a page on the bitcoin wiki to discuss/define the format?
Activity: 127
Good to see another alternative to the old notify service Smiley

It would be neat if we all could agree on a subset of POST data, that we all send, so that the same code could be used with any notify service, afaik theres 4 to pick from now.

That does not prevent each software from adding extra data, just as long as the basic data is what is used for signature verification.

That would also mean any shop modules could easily be adapted for each site.
Hmm. It looks like I am going to have to experiment with it to totally understand what the heck I am seeing.
Let me know if you need any assistance. Any hint to improve support section is also welcome :-)
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Hmm. It looks like I am going to have to experiment with it to totally understand what the heck I am seeing.
Where are you hiding your donation address?!

Okay, you asked for it Wink
Donations for supporting bitcoinmonitor.net are welcome at 12AxBpvmqzYbSHmvZML6Xv9TPncJgdnikm  Grin
donator
Where are you hiding your donation address?!
Just wondering are you using the bitcoind patch I made for MORA?
No, extending bitcoind was one of the first things I started. Should be around 2 months ago (here is one of the first commits: https://github.com/TripleSpeeder/bitcoin/commit/1a6f1ae144568ac4086e64d649c4595c09393564). The callback implementation is based on a quite old branch by Gavin he posted long time ago somewhere here... Otherwise i definitely would have given you the credits :-)
Activity: 209
Just wondering are you using the bitcoind patch I made for MORA?
Pages:
Jump to: