Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client - page 25. (Read 274534 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504
P.S. A, maybe stupid, question: when a deterministic wallet is created in Electrum I see only 5+3 keys are available. Is that all?
I can't answer about Android but this I can. Electrum will generate new addresses as you use these ones. The "gap limit" value in the config dialog controls how many unused addresses are maintained. If you set it higher then more addresses will be created and kept ready for use.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
P.S. A, maybe stupid, question: when a deterministic wallet is created in Electrum I see only 5+3 keys are available. Is that all?
I can't answer about Android but this I can. Electrum will generate new addresses as you use these ones. The "gap limit" value in the config dialog controls how many unused addresses are maintained. If you set it higher then more addresses will be created and kept ready for use.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Hope it is the right place.
After installing the desktop version, I'm trying to install the Android version following this guide http://electrum.org/android.html with no luck. It crash at point 4. (using a Galaxy S, Android 2.3.3). The first time it crashed so hard that the phone started to reboot itself many times, until I removed and then replaced the battery.

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
version 1.7.2 is out

changes:

* Transactions that are in the same block are displayed in chronological order in the history.
* The client computes transaction priority and rejects zero-fee transactions that need a fee.
* The default fee was lowered to 200 uBTC per kb.
* Due to an internal format change, your history may be pruned when
  you open your wallet for the first time after upgrading to 1.7.2. If
  this is the case, please visit a full server to restore your full
  history. You will only need to do that once.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Sent a transaction. Says "Pending" and isn't seeming to be be seen on the block after 15mins so far...

Still on 1.5.8... would like to update but Gentoo doesn't seem to have a better version and I know compiling will be hassle. Might look at the Chrome version just in case though that concept sounds less secure

The ever so old question; did you include a fee ^^
The other question: what is the TXID?
Activity: 938
Sent a transaction. Says "Pending" and isn't seeming to be be seen on the block after 15mins so far...

Still on 1.5.8... would like to update but Gentoo doesn't seem to have a better version and I know compiling will be hassle. Might look at the Chrome version just in case though that concept sounds less secure

The ever so old question; did you include a fee ^^
Activity: 900
Crypto Geek

legendary
I see no reason to do this; just create a bat file with the flag build in.

that's too complicated for lots of users Smiley
I see no reason to do this; just create a bat file with the flag build in.
Activity: 174
Merit: 253
I think they mean an executable that starts with the flag on.

YES
legendary
Is v1.7 portable as announced?

I am not sure which announcement your are talking about. 1.6.2 already had the portable flag build in.

I think they mean an executable that starts with the flag on.
This is the same build as Slush's.
So slush stopped making builds?

Slush's build the tools that make these build possible; it does not matter who executed the commands; the build stay the same.

I am not sure which announcement your are talking about. 1.6.2 already had the portable flag build in.
So slush stopped making builds?
Is there an updated build from slush?
Official download site should have 32bit exes of both stand-alone and setup now. If for some reason it won't start on your windows let me know. I also removed the console window. This does mean that no output will be given for any command line arguments that output text.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
The first bugfix release 1.7.1 just got put online. It has a couple of bug fixes that were reported for 1.7.

The official Windows build was still 64bit but I think I managed to build a 32bit binary since then.

I would appreciate it if somebody who couldn't use the previous builds would try this file: http://download.electrum.org/download/electrum-v1.7.1-32bit-setup.exe.

This 32bit works for me on W8 32bit

Yeah that should not be an issue. I might disable the console in the next release again; although that probably means no command line options; might put a vote on it up or build two versions; one with command line, one without.

Edit:

I've managed to further improve the windows build scripts and I think I got a stand-alone .exe again. It worked on my system but I have no other system to test it on so any help would be appreciated.

http://download.electrum.org/download/Electrum-1.7.1.exe

This other don't, I think it is 64 bit because the error it shows is really vague
Yeah that should not be an issue. I might disable the console in the next release again; although that probably means no command line options; might put a vote on it up or build two versions; one with command line, one without.

Edit:

I've managed to further improve the windows build scripts and I think I got a stand-alone .exe again. It worked on my system but I have no other system to test it on so any help would be appreciated.

http://download.electrum.org/download/Electrum-1.7.1.exe
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
now i can run the program, seems to be working, there is another command window opened while i run it saying "warning: cannot deserialize transactions. skipping" and all my addresses below this
The first bugfix release 1.7.1 just got put online. It has a couple of bug fixes that were reported for 1.7.

The official Windows build was still 64bit but I think I managed to build a 32bit binary since then.

I would appreciate it if somebody who couldn't use the previous builds would try this file: http://download.electrum.org/download/electrum-v1.7.1-32bit-setup.exe.

Pages:
Jump to: