Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client - page 35. (Read 274534 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I'm changing the way "receive" button works for the next release of the Lite Gui. The original way it worked was that when you pressed the receive button a random adress would be picked from your receiving addresses and it would copied to your clipboard. Im my humble opinion this was not very usable. The problem is that you had no control over the selection and you were unable to add a label to the address so you know what the address was used for.

In the new implementation a widget will show on the right side which will, by default, list your unused receiving addresses. You can double click a label to set it and clicking any item will copy the address to you clipboard for easy pasting. You can toggle the list with the checkbox if you want to see all your receiving addresses.

I've also added something I really missed to the transaction overview; when a payment was made.

The changes are available on git and ready for testing.
Right now I just dump the fields I was personally interested in; if people are interested though we can make it modular so it can export certain other formats as well.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
The other thing is a first version of an CSV export function. It makes it easy to save your transaction history for when you decide to restore from a pruned version but do want to keep a record of all your transactions as backup somewhere. It's also useful for people who use bitcoin for business purposes and want to read electrum info into third party bookkeeping apps.
Excellent!
I wonder if there is standardized columns for Quicken and similar apps?

I'm experimenting with using moneyGuru and if I like it I was thinking I'd create an Electrum plugin that updates a currency/asset account from the Electrum wallet.
I don't think I'll be able to get Xcode soon, so this is the best you could do for me.

Running a brand new MacBook Air 13" with OSX 10.8.2

Glad it helped. I hope it will run on older versions as well but we will have to see.

I've updated the Lite GUI today, the changes are in the master branch and are pending for the next release. I've removed all server selection code from the GUI for now since there are so many new options for the servers now. The current implementation doesn't do it justice.

The other thing is a first version of an CSV export function. It makes it easy to save your transaction history for when you decide to restore from a pruned version but do want to keep a record of all your transactions as backup somewhere. It's also useful for people who use bitcoin for business purposes and want to read electrum info into third party bookkeeping apps.

The functionality works for me on OS X but Flatfly had some trouble with it on Windows so any testing is greatly appreciated.   
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
I don't know if it has been said already. But in Mac OSX Mountain Lion when you install Homebrew, you also need to have Xcode installed with the Command Line Tool added.

It also ask for a new git version, but you need to set all the things above first.

I'm waiting for the Xcode to download and install. I'll write here with updates.

Sorry about that, since I have that installed all the time it's hard to find out what's needed exactly.

I've build you a binary 1.5.6 release in case you or others don't want to bother with all that: Electrum 1.5.6.

Edit: I've added the binary to the offical download page. If you use it please let me know on which versions of OS X it works and which not. My last build environment could only build for 10.7 and up. Wondering if these build also work on 10.6. 

Great you did that! I'm having trouble with my internet connection. So I've just downloaded this binary with my mobile 3G connection and it works pretty good. Restored my wallet and everything seems to be fine.

I don't think I'll be able to get Xcode soon, so this is the best you could do for me.

Running a brand new MacBook Air 13" with OSX 10.8.2
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
I don't know if it has been said already. But in Mac OSX Mountain Lion when you install Homebrew, you also need to have Xcode installed with the Command Line Tool added.

It also ask for a new git version, but you need to set all the things above first.

I'm waiting for the Xcode to download and install. I'll write here with updates.

Sorry about that, since I have that installed all the time it's hard to find out what's needed exactly.

I've build you a binary 1.5.6 release in case you or others don't want to bother with all that: Electrum 1.5.6.

Edit: I've added the binary to the offical download page. If you use it please let me know on which versions of OS X it works and which not. My last build environment could only build for 10.7 and up. Wondering if these build also work on 10.6. 
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1016
update:
there is a bug in yesterday's release (1.5.5), that prevents the client from sending bitcoins.
if you have this version, please upgrade to 1.5.6 (bugfix release)

sorry about the bug.

Windows build has just been updated accordingly.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
update:
there is a bug in yesterday's release (1.5.5), that prevents the client from sending bitcoins.
if you have this version, please upgrade to 1.5.6 (bugfix release)

sorry about the bug.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Version 1.5.5 is now available (I fixed the package after a bug was reported this morning)
This version includes various bugfixes, and a new command, signtx, to sign a transaction on an offline computer.
(I will update the wiki later)

404 at http://electrum.ecdsa.org/Electrum-1.5.5.tar.gz

yes, the website was moved to github.
please use the links that are on the download page: http://electrum.ecdsa.org/download.html

Ahh, y'all may want to update the instructions for linux, as it reflects that old address.
legendary
I have appointed two new developers: Azelphur and EagleTM
Welcome to them, and let them express their creative ideas!
legendary
Version 1.5.5 is now available (I fixed the package after a bug was reported this morning)
This version includes various bugfixes, and a new command, signtx, to sign a transaction on an offline computer.

yes, the website was moved to github.
please use the links that are on the download page: http://electrum.ecdsa.org/download.html
Activity: 900
Crypto Geek
thanks for the tip; I do not want to work on localization for the moment, but I'll keep it in mind.

Unrelated note: I wrote a http proxy server, so that electrum servers can be reached
through http using port 80. (for example, you can use ecdsa.org:80 in your settings)

http is is slower than the direct socket connection, but it can be useful if you are in
an environment that blocks high port numbers (for example a public wifi).

I need this. What is the syntax for adding proxy to ~/.electrum/electrum.dat ?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

Activity: 278
Merit: 251
Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer
  • post #1193 (transaction only shows up after re-start of the client, otherwise showing "Synchronizing..." all the time after having done a transaction, but only if connected to a server in "full" mode), and in

Can you please check if there's any exception/error in the console when this happen? You need to run Electrum from terminal window to see it.

I had same issues (Electrum freezed in Synchronizing... and only restart helped) with older Electrum versions, however everything has been fixed for me in 1.5.x.
I just tried again as you suggested - still with 1.5.3.
I was always connected to "full" type of  servers (electrum.no-ip.org and electrum.be).
I transferred 1e-8 BTC to one of my own addresses and 0.0001 btc fee.
Two times it worked well (with ...no-ip... server), then I changed to electrum.be, then problem again, little window "synchronizung..." would not disappear, even after closing electrum, the little window was still there, I had to close it manually. Then, even after re-start the transaction did not show up in the list, so it was apparently not carried out, i.e. this was different from the earlier times when the transaction did appear in the history list after restart.

Switching back to the "...no-ip.org"-server - next transaction: ok --> switching back to electrum.be server, next transaction was also ok this time but it took a little longer than with the no-ip server until Electrum GUI was in normal state again.

So it is not exactly reproducible, no 100% occurrence, just sporadically, these are the "nicest" problems of course that cannot be reproduced well. In the end it is somehow (also) a server related problem I guess...  no particular errors observed in the console (except when I manually destroyed the window that would not close by itself).
legendary
flatfly  is there a portable version?

whats new in this version?

I stopped making portable builds for each version because it seemed that not many users were interested, and also due to time constraints.  When I have a bit more time (perhaps as early as this weekend), I will be willing to make on-demand portable builds for donators.

Note that you can also use the -w command-line switch with the regular build, to have a "kinda portable" mode (some configuration and system files are still created in the user profile).

For a quick list of what's new in this version, see ThomasV's post on the previous page.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
flatfly  is there a portable version?

whats new in this version?
legendary
Windows build for 1.5.5 is ready and stable!  
 Available at http://dre.redmartian.org/elecwin.htm as usual.

Upgrading from a previous version keeps existing wallet and settings intact.
legendary
Hello,

I am using electrum on ubuntu.
Now I have changed the GUI in the settings to text.

How can I get it back work?
If I start it with electrum -g gtk it will start correctly.
But when I change the gui in the settings to classic I am getting an error!
Is there a config file?

do this:
Code:
electrum set gui classic
Pages:
Jump to: