Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client - page 38. (Read 274534 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Guys,

How can I start my own Electrum Server?

Cheers!
Thiago
legendary
But, is there any chance to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.4 using "apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade" anytime soon?
Ubuntu repository was created by me. I know I should have updated the repo long time ago. Sorry for that. I'm not going to do that now because the disk on the server is passing out. My electrum server is down at the moment for the same reason. After VM running bitcoins.sk is migrated to new server (this month, if we are lucky to get some missing parts from ebay) I will build new packages and push it to the repo. I'm also going to automate the repository and key installation process. If it's not done by the end of this month, feel free to yell at me on #electrum @freenode

I'll talk with you soon!! Tks!
legendary
Here is version 1.5.

changelog:
* the history displayed when a wallet is restored from a pruning server has been improved : all pruned transactions are combined into one line of the history, labeled 'pruned transactions outputs'
* the network dialog indicates for each server if it is full or pruning
* it is possible to restore or create a wallet while you are offline using the gui (the command line was required before this)

Exiting from Electrum 1.5, Ubuntu 12.04, gives me:

Code:
Exception in thread Thread-3 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/electrum/wallet.py", line 1152, in run
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/electrum/interface.py", line 162, in get_response
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/Queue.py", line 174, in get
: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Best,
Thiago
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1016

Hi, I'm afraid I'm getting an incorrect global balance (0.050 while it should be 0.076) when connecting to any pruning servers. I also got the below error in the console a few times but I'm not sure if it's related to the issue:

sorry about that. I don't know what could cause it..
do you get this when you restore from seed?
does the wallet have imported keys?

Yes, the issue still persists even after completing wallet recovery from seed.
No, there are no imported keys.

Not sure what other info I could mention. It's not a test wallet, so I can't share the
seed, but would it help if I sent you the master *public* key?

PS: unfortunately, I probably won't be online very much for the next few days
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

Hi, I'm afraid I'm getting an incorrect global balance (0.050 while it should be 0.076) when connecting to any pruning servers. I also got the below error in the console a few times but I'm not sure if it's related to the issue:

sorry about that. I don't know what could cause it..
do you get this when you restore from seed?
does the wallet have imported keys?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1016
Here is version 1.5.

changelog:
* the history displayed when a wallet is restored from a pruning server has been improved : all pruned transactions are combined into one line of the history, labeled 'pruned transactions outputs'
* it is possible to restore or create a wallet while you are offline using the gui (the command line was required before this)

Code:
File "\Application Data\Electrum_SysFiles\1.5\C_\ElectrumPY\lib\gui_qt.py", line 407, in address_label_changed
    self.wallet.update_tx_labels()
AttributeError: Wallet instance has no attribute 'update_tx_labels'
Activity: 938
I've made binary release of 1.5 for those of you on  OS X. It will most likely work from 10.7 and on but feel free to test it and let me know.
Activity: 235
Merit: 101
Is it possible to use Electrum behind Tor?

I just get the message "not connected" when using the following settings:

Socks4 | 127.0.0.1 | 9050

which server are you trying to reach?
recent versions of the client filter out old servers that do not use the 0.6 protocol

I tried all of the ones available in the list. Using elec11-f575.exe
legendary

which server are you trying to reach?
recent versions of the client filter out old servers that do not use the 0.6 protocol
Activity: 235
Merit: 101

donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
Thomas - Electrum 1.3 is not respecting the prioritize flag, 0.61 was fine.  I've not tested the freeze feature.

can someone reproduce this?
I've confirmed for myself several times (I'm sure you want independent confirmation :-)) that prioritization is broken.

Freezing is fine.  I'll try 1.5 soon.  Thanks.
legendary
Here is version 1.5.

changelog:

legendary
Thomas - Electrum 1.3 is not respecting the prioritize flag, 0.61 was fine.  I've not tested the freeze feature.

can someone reproduce this?
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
But, is there any chance to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.4 using "apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade" anytime soon?
Ubuntu repository was created by me. I know I should have updated the repo long time ago. Sorry for that. I'm not going to do that now because the disk on the server is passing out. My electrum server is down at the moment for the same reason. After VM running bitcoins.sk is migrated to new server (this month, if we are lucky to get some missing parts from ebay) I will build new packages and push it to the repo. I'm also going to automate the repository and key installation process. If it's not done by the end of this month, feel free to yell at me on #electrum @freenode
legendary
Hi!

I just install Electrum 1.4 without using Ubuntu repositories... No problem...   =)

When I close Electrum, I'm seeing the following message:

Code:
Exception in thread Thread-3 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):Exception in thread Thread-2 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/electrum/verifier.py", line 121, in run  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner

: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Empty'  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/electrum/wallet.py", line 1069, in run

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/electrum/interface.py", line 159, in get_response
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/Queue.py", line 177, in get
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 258, in wait
: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Cheers!
Thiago
legendary
Hi!

Electrum is great!! Tks!

I'm using Ubuntu and there is only electrum-1.0 on that repositories...

Tks!!
Thiago
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
legendary
Is there anyone that is working on the android client?

I run electrum on an android jb phone using just the regular .py scripts
There is no l337 UI to load it up though, just a terribly simple android scripting ui I hacked together from this example:
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/wiki/UiExamples

The build I use is running SEAndroid, and I'm also using PySkein to encrypt the wallet.dat and upload it to random cloud servers as a backup

that's great!
maybe you could share your code?
does it work with the latest SPV version?
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

I run electrum on an android jb phone using just the regular .py scripts
There is no l337 UI to load it up though, just a terribly simple android scripting ui I hacked together from this example:
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/wiki/UiExamples

The build I use is running SEAndroid, and I'm also using PySkein to encrypt the wallet.dat and upload it to random cloud servers as a backup
legendary

not me, no time atm.
The android client I wrote would probably need to be upgraded. feel free to help
Pages:
Jump to: