Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced - page 158. (Read 136554 times)

Activity: 394
Merit: 250
I moved my PacCoins to a new wallet and it don't stake anymore. Why is that? Does it have to sit in the new wallet for a certain amount of time before it will start to stake? I use to have 118,000,000 Paccoins but when I updated to the latest Client, I lost all of them, but I did the wallet salvage command it 6.9 million PacCoins got saved. So I created another PacCoin wallet on another computer and sent all of my PacCoins to it and it don't stake anymore. The PAccoin.conf file is default settings so it set to STAKE but it don't.

Help...

Any time you send coins to another wallet it resets coin for the purpose of staking.
As long as you have staking=1 then you will need to wait 30-60 days for staking to resume.

Thanks bro!
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
paccoin
Yeah... this never happened because this was not a new algo. It was asic mined immediately and those early adopters are the only ones who made anything with this.

The difficulty is very low right now, so you can mine it.
paccoin
I moved my PacCoins to a new wallet and it don't stake anymore. Why is that? Does it have to sit in the new wallet for a certain amount of time before it will start to stake? I use to have 118,000,000 Paccoins but when I updated to the latest Client, I lost all of them, but I did the wallet salvage command it 6.9 million PacCoins got saved. So I created another PacCoin wallet on another computer and sent all of my PacCoins to it and it don't stake anymore. The PAccoin.conf file is default settings so it set to STAKE but it don't.

Help...

Any time you send coins to another wallet it resets coin for the purpose of staking.
As long as you have staking=1 then you will need to wait 30-60 days for staking to resume.
Activity: 394

Help...
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
Why should I mine this?
You can cpu mine this and score big time. But as what will eventually happen you'll have to use GPU's and then ASICs.

Best to get in on the ground floor.

We also want to merge mine with bitcoin and namecoin. Anyone able to help with this?

Yeah... this never happened because this was not a new algo. It was asic mined immediately and those early adopters are the only ones who made anything with this.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
What are the PoS parameters on this coin? What is min/max age in days? Thanks.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
hey guys, Paccoin now trading at Cryptex
https://cryptex.biz/market/89
paccoin
I have a problem with wallet

I have some paccoin but when I run wallet client it freeze, I dunno how can I unfreeze, just when a incoming transaction it unfreeze but just one second, any help will be appreciated.

i wrote to wmcorless but no answer

Sorry about the delay, I don't always come on this forum.

The freezing problem is related to the staking. This is a known issue, see my previous post on the workaround. In your paccoin.conf add the line "staking=0". Also you should make sure you are using the most current client. The next time you run your client it should run smoothly.
paccoin
I have a problem with wallet

I have some paccoin but when I run wallet client it freeze, I dunno how can I unfreeze, just when a incoming transaction it unfreeze but just one second, any help will be appreciated.

i wrote to wmcorless but no answer
Try creating the following in a pac.bat file in your pac directory.
paccoin-qt.exe -resync -salvagewallet

First of all make sure you have updated to the latest client.

Staking is generally the problem. Because Paccoin pays once a minute if you have been mining either solo mining or with a pool, you will receive payments often.

One problem I have noticed myself is with the way the program creates stake coins. Lets say you have 500 coins coming in every minute. a month later those coins become 2 coins plus "interest" which lets say become two coin deposits for 350 or a total of 750. (this is just an example). Now you have 2 coins every minute that stake the following month and they become 4 coins and so on. I call these coins but the wallet treats them as transactions. With staking "on" this multiplication of coins creates major problems down the road for miners. Because Stake has a higher priority than mined coins, a single user can hurt miners by causing orphans. This also slows down the client as it is mining those stake coins.

A work around for now should be as follows. If you are mining or receiving coins to a wallet use the "staking=0" command in your paccoin.conf file. Then every day or so, transfer a large chunk to another computer and wallet that is running stake. If you only have one computer, then simply transfer it to an exchange, and then back. This will create a new consolidated transaction, that will make staking more smooth for everyone involved.

I suggest only running the -salvagewallet if you have persistent orphans in your wallet. That means even when you restart your wallet you still see grayed out question marks. This problem was due to orphans being created due to a staking error in a previous version and has been fixed in since v0.1.4.3.
Activity: 725
Merit: 500

New PacCoin client is working great (thanks Dev) so our FREE 0% PacCoin (PAC) mining pool has been re-added to iSpace Mining Pools

http://ispace.co.uk

If you need more mining power then check out http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=1928

Smiley

Activity: 546

how long does it take for paccoin coins to maturity?  and what is the interest ? and is  it monthly ?

Kevin
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
is it old algo for SHA256
Activity: 546

A lot of Orphaned block on  ispace.co.uk

Activity: 121
thanks for sharing your thoughts on the future.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Nothing works for me Sad still wallet freeze all time exept when I mining something, after one second freeze again, and wmcorless never answer nothing and dont give support, what kind of support really give him?
Im using windows 7 64 bits
Hi again bob, thanks for all you help, well if I become download a new wallet, how can I get the coins that I have now?
Activity: 420
Ok, I saw that the previous options dont let the wallet unusable, is working like old, I mean problem still, any other idea?

What are you running it on? If it is an old xp box, that could be your issue. Try downloading the latest client from http://www.pacifica-nation.com/
Save it to a new directory and run it. Also be sure your block height matches the one listed here: http://www.pacifica-nation.com/paccoin/index.php

And for clarity, I am not associated with this coin other then having a few million in my bag. ;-)

Ok, I saw that the previous options dont let the wallet unusable, is working like old, I mean problem still, any other idea?
Jump to: