Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 43. (Read 85500 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Price already lower than Ixcoin? Not a good sign ;-)
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
My Win7 client crashes when I click the options link; also when I try to get a new address.

I got a few extra.. you can have one of mine Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Bed time for now (bounty processor) however I will process them in the order they are in this thread. So keep them coming.
Activity: 140
My Win7 client crashes when I click the options link; also when I try to get a new address.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
This one does at least seem to have some meaningful improvements over BTC unlike IXC and I0C, though once again I find myself reminding people of the same damn thing! If you make it so that we confirm 12 blocks per hour instead of 6, all you've done is lower the individual security of each block by half, meaning that to get the same security level found at 6 confirmations in the standard bitcoin client, you have to wait 12 confirmations now. 6 was chosen as the magic number of confirmations specifically BECAUSE it represents the block being buried under about an hour's processor time deep in the chain, and would therefore be quite difficult to undo. You're welcome to choose an arbitrary number that fits your needs better, but you'll be sacrificing some level of security. I personally have never seen one of my transactions get orphaned, except during the first couple hours on I0C, so for very rapid BTC transactions (like those done at a point of sale) I'd feel pretty comfortable accepting at 0/unconfirmed with the knowledge that significantly fewer transactions will be lost to orphaned blocks than are likely to be reversed if I accepted credit cards.

If anything, the fiasco that was I0C during the first few hours shows that the faster you make block generation occur, the HIGHER the chances are that your 0/unconfirmed blocks will become orphans since faster blockchains are more likely to fork under normal circumstances. This is the one feature change in SC that I don't like, and 3 minutes seems excessively fast. I'd have to run some studies to confirm my suspicions but I think all we've accomplished by changing blocktime to 3 minutes is to make it about 3.3 times more likely that a 0/unconfirmed block will be orphaned and therefore made SC 3.3 times less useable for traditional merchants.
moOo
Whats the current block count?

11,490 blocks

no warning means all the small and more agile miners can get a piece of the pie making it more fair.

i thought that was a bit odd,, and it felt really odd mining on the pool when the total pool mh was 700mh arround abouts

I didnt mind so much being a micro miner..... when I looked at my balance in the am.

Thank god for insomnia

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I posted a message to my university group on google plus to check out SolidCoins, do you want a screenshot?

sf7edVnLQiK6xBohboQ15q1Ah57tkqJnW4 Smiley
Activity: 140
Wrote forum post on a Bitcoin thread I started there a couple of months back.

Bounty address? sbGcYybAUagY7Nkt9fWNWdnQ4jaenQhCee Smiley
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Arimaa.com is now accepting SolidCoin for the Arimaa game set and book.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/store/gameSet.html

SC: shDESzjoLLocNLVS5jG8sCizxKRaZJEKjn
Public Mining started 5 minutes after this thread was created.

Is that supposed to be a good thing?  Is 5 minutes considered adequate heads up?   

Ughh, god.  I was hoping for something better. 

Yes 5 minutes is the best kind of heads up to stop malicious pool owners from dominating all the early coin as was seen with I0coin.
No warning means all the small and more agile miners can get a piece of the pie making it more fair. If you think 90% of the coins being generated going into the hands of 4 or 5 people is good or fair then we'll have to disagree.
Activity: 312
Public Mining started 5 minutes after this thread was created.

Is that supposed to be a good thing?  Is 5 minutes considered adequate heads up?   

Ughh, god.  I was hoping for something better. 

Also, how has the transaction fees problem been fixed?  The client crashes when I try to open the options dialog.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
Whats the current block count?
Activity: 174
gettting a high stale rate though 60-70%

hehe 3 minute blocks  Grin Grin  I don't know if you can do anything about it either  Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
http://twitter.com/#!/AnshulSharma

For the 100 SC bounty. Smiley

sW9HJ9jqwBnnTKqiwmcrxjF7NQYqKRt5tc
Activity: 266
I've put an exchange up for solidcoins to bitcoins: https://scexchange.bitparking.com/main

I'm quoting this here in case anyone else skips to page 6, like I first did Smiley
legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
Etherscan.io
gettting a high stale rate though 60-70%
Activity: 135
Where can I check difficulty pls?

Edit
Never mind, I found out "getinfo" works on the solidcoin.exe too Smiley
moOo
probably tooo late but I put up a post for ya on reddit /bitcoinmining

didnt have one there yet

sbS3XHSrraSLqoETxFcFJmoVeruRuyhZyY
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Suggestion: Make the windows download an installer rather than a compressed file.
Also tweeted Smiley
http://twitter.com/#!/Tomm1eD/status/105302271922929664
SC address: sYnheQdSVcAR1NvVcTPPyG1eckLa6cfNss

Sent, thanks guys

"txid" : "cff1d073ced672730566516791b9160317dd12d5c817525c30067856ee416a99",
"txid" : "31341175bc80d7d20001fbcf6c2c44488db5470dde188b8361f0a0936520a21e",
"txid" : "8b16172bec2e0103ef9ca2c0934c4b5a266929d688fa790691ee399ee44d3e34",

Added to bounties page

We have had two donators also add 3500 SC to the mix.
Pages:
Jump to: