Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency - page 15. (Read 127188 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious

Just getting infinite hashes per second. Take that, botnet owners. Tongue

You positive you use the latest windows release (r3 pak) ?
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Firstbits: 1m8xa

Just getting infinite hashes per second. Take that, botnet owners. Tongue
Hillariously voracious

Well Satoshi ( FBI government in disguise ) mined approximately 5 million out of 21 million so about a quarter so that is not fair. 10% is very fair I think.
Eh?
What part of your body did you pull that number out of?

The same part Lolcust=ArtForz idea erupted from.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Yep. I think 10% is fair for creator. The name is MillionCoin. Somebody needs to help me code it though.

Hm, let's see... Absolute maximum number of possible Tenebrix coins is... Hm...about...136 billions (136000000000) (slightly more actually)

I have about 7 mils

Hm... per your "10% is fair for creator" I should have pre-mined no less than 13600000000 TBX. So, per bulanula's standards, I'm actually a very shy and humble coin-maker

Well Satoshi ( FBI government in disguise ) mined approximately 5 million out of 21 million so about a quarter so that is not fair. 10% is very fair I think.
Eh?
What part of your body did you pull that number out of?
There aren't even 7.5 million BTC at the moment ...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
Hillariously voracious
Yep. I think 10% is fair for creator. The name is MillionCoin. Somebody needs to help me code it though.

Hm, let's see... Absolute maximum number of possible Tenebrix coins is... Hm...about...136 billions (136000000000) (slightly more actually)

I have about 7 mils

Hm... per your "10% is fair for creator" I should have pre-mined no less than 13600000000 TBX. So, per bulanula's standards, I'm actually a very shy and humble coin-maker

I agree that when I was making bitcoin, I went a bit overboard, though to be honest, I have less than 1.5 million bitcoins as of now  Grin

Still, you have to agree that my current fund is nothing but shy - well below the Bulanula-God Ordained Ten Percent Sad -

P.S.:
Also, I didn't know that fbi has its own separate government. That's pretty 1337 of them.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

I have about 7 mils

Hillariously voracious

I have about 7 mils

Nobody should have access to more than 100 000 coins.
Besides, I'm reasonably certain that there are people with more than 100 000 BTC under their control ^__^

Yes. People like ArtForz / you. Dangerous people.

Now you are just plain licking up to me.

Next you will say that I am a rich gunrunner mogul that makes But look like a schoolchild ^__^

Next time I make chain with only 1 million coins maximum.

And premine merely 100 000, which per your bizarre worldview are an "oky number"  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

Anyone wanna explain the 7769999 value genesis block?

Yeah, I won't be mining this one thanks.
try fairbrix  Grin

Damn, yet again i came in a bit too late :/
try fairbrix  Grin

Dude, to be completely fair  Cheesy, would you kindly remove the implication that high-performance FPGAs and such are likely for Tenebrix from your site ?

Current research suggests that FPGAs are economically and, as far as reasonably-priced ones are concerned, performance-wise, inferior to CPUs in this game.
hope can agree more now
Hillariously voracious
Besides, I'm reasonably certain that there are people with more than 100 000 BTC under their control ^__^

Yes. People like ArtForz / you. Dangerous people.

Now you are just plain licking up to me.

Next you will say that I am a rich gunrunner mogul that makes But look like a schoolchild ^__^

And premine merely 100 000, which per your bizarre worldview are an "oky number"  Cool

Yes. People like ArtForz / you. Dangerous people. No wonder BTC price is falling down.

Hillariously voracious

Why not 40 000 or 1 200 000 ?

Your numbers conjured out of thin air are as good as mine

Well, technically 7 million is less than one hundred thousand thousand.
But yeah, I agree. the 7.7mil superfund should be laundry-only to prevent abuse.

Well, I tend to agree with your assessments, but I already promised (and arranged for) a Faucet fund, a proposal met with significant support (and me sequestering the funds for faucet did not recieve any protest). A lot of people will be sad (or rather, angry) pandas if I "take my word back" and don't use those money for faucet, even if a code-lockdown client for resulting "unifund" is provided.

Also, I'd really love to have a dev fund with a big fudge factor - you never know when you positively, absolutely have to hire some additional coders and sadly, I am currently not capable of funding such things out of "proper" pocket, but if community so demands, I would merge the dev fund and the laundry fund (they aren't even "technically" on different addys so far), though paying bounties for awesomeness such as new TBX site, new services opening up, or any future "urgent dev work" that might get needed will get a bit problematic (actually, fairly intractable).

Abusing the funds is sorta hard given that Block Explorer is watching every single TBX and there are people keeping an eye on it already.

I sort of like Coblee's suggestion of allowing miners and exchanges to vote by  choosing which soft to install (as long as everything plays fair, no fork should happen in regards to the laundry). As a certain obscure character would have said, "let the croctopus decide" Wink
But yeah, I agree. the 7.7mil superfund should be laundry-only to prevent abuse.

Seems like you three ( bcx, artforz, lolcust ) have personality problems. Dual faced maybe ? Harvey dent ring a bell.
Activity: 406
Merit: 257
P.S.:
I'd like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that per current agreement, Laundry-fund isn't whole whoppin' 7.7 mils Smiley

Honestly, I rather have the code lock down most of the 7.7 million fund for your laundry use than for only 4 million to be locked down and you have 3.7 million that you will give to faucet and developers at your discretion. But that's just me. I would suggest you to create a new poll and see what people think.

Share the same opinion. Lolcust should not have access to 7.7 million coins etc.

donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
P.S.:
I'd like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that per current agreement, Laundry-fund isn't whole whoppin' 7.7 mils Smiley

Honestly, I rather have the code lock down most of the 7.7 million fund for your laundry use than for only 4 million to be locked down and you have 3.7 million that you will give to faucet and developers at your discretion. But that's just me. I would suggest you to create a new poll and see what people think.
Hillariously voracious
So how much are you going to take then ?

Take ? ^__^

What exactly do you mean, how much will it cost to run moneyz through my laundry ? Hm... you know, I hope to keep it below BTCL's 4.555% - much below, in fact.

But it's somewhat silly to make such inquiries before beta, don't you think?

I meant how big is the cut going to be for you personally. You need a new yacht, you know

My "cut" is laundry's profits, dude.

And I fucking hate yachts. I vomit all the fucking time.

Take ? ^__^

What exactly do you mean, how much will it cost to run moneyz through my laundry ? Hm... you know, I hope to keep it below BTCL's 4.555% - much below, in fact.

I meant how big is the cut going to be for you personally. You need a new yacht, you know
Hillariously voracious

Take ? ^__^

Pages:
Jump to: