Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency - page 9. (Read 127184 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
OK then I must be a dumb idiot. Please can somebody give a complete set of instructions ( optional ) on how to do this and what compile flags to use ( most important ) for a 2600K to get 4 khash/s per thread.

Thank you !

Run this with gcc-4.6.0 and up compiled and installed
Code:
./autogen.sh
CFLAGS="-march=corei7-avx -O3 -Wall -msse2 -msse3 -msse4 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -mavx" ./configure
make

Use hyperthreading, you should get ~3.5-4 kh/s per core

Thank you for these lines. Will try them out when I have time and report feedback. Kind of getting tired of SC2. I need to spice it up a little with Tenebrix Smiley

When is laundry coming ?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
OK then I must be a dumb idiot. Please can somebody give a complete set of instructions ( optional ) on how to do this and what compile flags to use ( most important ) for a 2600K to get 4 khash/s per thread.

Thank you !

Run this with gcc-4.6.0 and up compiled and installed
Code:
./autogen.sh
CFLAGS="-march=corei7-avx -O3 -Wall -msse2 -msse3 -msse4 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -mavx" ./configure
make

Use hyperthreading, you should get ~3.5-4 kh/s per core

Thank you !
legendary
Still no effort to making this run on Intel CPUs huh ? Nice.

Intel CPUs get about the same speed mining per core compared to AMD CPUs if you compile them correctly
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

Runs fine on intel cpu's I am up to nearly 4kh/s / core...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
anyone have any tricks or ideas to have the wallet connect? What port does it connect on? I have a few machines connecting fine, a few others won't connect. I have all ports open, firewalls disabled, added to 'approved' list, nothing is working.

I have two machines giving me about 1.6 khash/m
legendary
simplecoin is back up FYI!
legendary
I discovered if you set --retries to -1 miners wont drop haha! Mine all dropped too and i was like WTF then I saw the --retries defaults to only 10 times then stops mining. my config file is now updated for sure!
legendary
Solo mining still works fine

The network hash rate is still very high even with the SC2 launch -- the mass of CPUs fighting over SC2 blocks is coming from somewhere other than tenebrix miners
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Just me or is simplecoin.us down right now? My miners dropped a coupe hours ago and trying to load the site just produces a MySQL error. :/
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
So far, we have the twobits binaries (which btw are a mite cunning) and Nicksasa's upcoming ones.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
haha, mined my first 25 tenebrix coins overnight. waiting for confirmations. woohoo!
legendary
Can't get anything to compile on windows.  Sorry windows users, it's time for linux.

http://www.wuala.com/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/Tenebrix/miner/win/

bump... has anyone tried these binaries?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
64bit should help a lot.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Can't get anything to compile on windows.  Sorry windows users, it's time for linux.
I got it working after a lot of hacking in the Makefile ... Took me a whole afternoon.
Using the same settings & GCC as my linux builds I only get 2.2khash/thread on my 3.8Ghz X4 955. On ubuntu in a VM I get ~3.5khash/thread.
Probably because I builded the minerd with mingw32 and not mingw64 (ubuntu was 64bit). Using artforz improved minerd.

Because Lolcust asked nicely on IRC, I'll try to get an mingw64 build going.
News about optimizations !? If not, fk this I am moving to SC2 which knows how to appreciate my 2600K beast. Keep drinking the AMD kool aid folks !
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Can't get anything to compile on windows.  Sorry windows users, it's time for linux.
legendary
It looks like SC2 is pulling miners away from Tenebrix.. but not very many.  We were at 4.30 gh/s yesterday, now we are at 3.60gh/s.

edit: nevermind, allchains.info is totally broken and none of the values on it make any sense.  I have no idea what the real TBX hash rate is right now.
Pages:
Jump to: