Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency - page 4. (Read 127184 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Thanks! I hope it works better, as the -qt one doesnt seem to mine when gen=1, it detects my CPUs but shows 0 hash rate; and even getting the tenebrix-specific copy of minerd, that doesnt work either, keeps getting error 500 from the tenebrix RPC port.

I did manage to communicate with it, using -daemon=1 and -server=0 on commandline of copy I used to talk to it.

I also tried fairbrix, which seems just as bad but also has no connections. At least tenebrix I do see three connections.

-MarkM-

EDIT: Actually, connects has dropped to zero again. It did that before but found 3 when I restarted. SO basically it seems to find some at first then later drop them all.
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
grab the daemon version...  you'll have to run it through screen if you don't want a shell tied up though...

https://github.com/Lolcust/Tenebrix-daemon-exp
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I am trying to check this coin out to add it to my system, but there does not seem to be any tenebrixd daemon, so even if I keep the GUI version running as server, how do my shell scripts and so on actually talk to it? Usually they use the daemon of each coin to communicate with the daemon that is acting as server. But without an actual daemon to compile its not clear how to do such communications?

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Did I just lose like 7K TBX because btc-e decided to discontinue the currency? LOL

Don't worry, what you lost was a piece of shit anyway...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Did I just lose like 7K TBX because btc-e decided to discontinue the currency? LOL
Activity: 518
Is there *anything* going on with this alt?

Yes, this dude been promising that laundry for a while now but no delivery at all. Maybe artforz just got lazy sitting on his 60 000 or so BTC.
Activity: 341
Is there *anything* going on with this alt?
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
So, what's new?

difficulty finally dropped 75%, but it's scheduled for another 75% drop.  We'll see where the future takes this chain.
Activity: 378
So, what's new?
Where did lolcust go?  Not seen a post in some time?

I am quite alive and messing around with things (some TBX related, some plain IRL related).

Any ETA for laundry or something to boost the price ?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
Where did lolcust go?  Not seen a post in some time?

I am quite alive and messing around with things (some TBX related, some plain IRL related).
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Or uninstall and install the much better LiteCoin.  Grin

Well unless they released a much needed new miner like today it comes with the same miner and not the x64 alternative so mining in the LiteCoin client gives like half the hashrate.

I think it was actually pointed at a LiteCoin pool when it gave up and quit lol. But since the miner was originally made for Tenebrix and I mine a little of that too I thought this thread would be more appropriate.
Thanks for the answers anyway, I found the -retries switch but didn't understand what the -1 option meant from the -help ...

Pass in "-r -1"

Exactly. Where is lolcust anyway ? Seems he got washed in his own laundry lol.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
i use --retries 9999

I just made a bash (or batch) file to do it; if minerd stops, it just reloads.
Activity: 270
i use --retries 9999
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Pass in "-r -1"

donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Pass in "-r -1"
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This Alternate forum is a bit messy so I don't know if this is the appropriate tread but I noticed my Tenebrix miner (minerd.exe the pre-compiled x64 win binary available of it) had shut down on it's own when I got home today. I am mining with simplecoin.us and I know the pool was down for scheduled maintenance today. So the miner just gives up and closes the command window after a certain amount of retry? Seems to be the case and then how do I set it to unlimited retries?
Activity: 633
The thing you guys seem to forget is that merged mining would have nearly no effect on LTC, but would greatly strengthen the power of TBX.  No one is mining TBX now, which is why the next difficulty decrease keeps going ever further into the future.  The only reason one would have to do merged mining is to strengthen TBX, but who would want to do that?  The reason people are mining LTC is because they don't like TBX.
Besides would merging LTC and TBX even have any effect on supply? Wouldn't the difficulties just go up and the production of coins in booth remain constant?

So then it all it really does is make booth chains more robust...

Yes. I prefer we leave LTC alone right now as it is only second to NMC and BTC right now. MM can bring problems as the NMC dropping price shows.
Pages:
Jump to: