Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships - page 38. (Read 238907 times)

Activity: 871
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2013, 08:03:05 PM
Sad that so far no one had the balls to take responsibility for that fiasco today. No excuse, nothing. Sad
This fits together, yes!
In Switzerland so a company would survive just 2 days, right?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
February 02, 2013, 07:56:54 PM
Sad that so far no one had the balls to take responsibility for that fiasco today. No excuse, nothing. Sad
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 02, 2013, 07:49:21 PM

Its that the way of Chinese business, or just from Avalon/Bitsyncom?

They never set out to be a retail company with full on marketing and customer support and that's very much reflected in their priorities.

To some extent, Asian business culture is different than US business culture but I don't think that's the central issue here.

It is disappointing, to say the least, that Yifu hasn't answered the question of whether the batch of 53 units Avalon has shipped made it out of China before the CNY cut-off date as that affects when we can expect to see more Avalons in the wild.
Thus you have your answer? Smiley
Activity: 868
February 02, 2013, 07:45:52 PM

They never set out to be a retail company with full on marketing and customer support and that's very much reflected in their priorities.

To some extent, Asian business culture is different than US business culture but I don't think that's the central issue here.

It is disappointing, to say the least, that Yifu hasn't answered the question of whether the batch of 53 units Avalon has shipped made it out of China before the CNY cut-off date as that affects when we can expect to see more Avalons in the wild.
February 02, 2013, 07:38:43 PM
I wanted to log into "store.avalon-asics.com" and check my Batch 1 order .... but my login information does not work anymore!
Seems that on the new avalon-shop, Batch1 customers can not login anymore!

I save my e-mail;

Link: https://store.avalon-asic.com/customer/account/login/
Working! Thanks!

Why they must change every time the store page?
And the support site is also a joke ... because no one ever answers anyway to your questions .... just like here in the forum!
There is also only respond to the statements of Trolls. To justified questions of customers, there is no answer!
Really sad!
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
Life is short, play long
February 02, 2013, 07:11:42 PM
I wanted to log into "store.avalon-asics.com" and check my Batch 1 order .... but my login information does not work anymore!

I save my e-mail;

Link: https://store.avalon-asic.com/customer/account/login/
February 02, 2013, 06:50:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
February 02, 2013, 04:40:24 PM
any updates on when and how much have been shipped and have left china?
TIA
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Triple B Mining - triplebmining.com
February 02, 2013, 10:12:51 AM
9:11am and site isn't live yet?Huh  Huh  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 02, 2013, 07:24:58 AM
(one person ordered 43).
Wow - 26,660W ... ~3TH/s
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 02, 2013, 04:08:00 AM
been paid in full order:
Order # Date Ship To Order Total Status
200000846 11/24/12 --------- $ 8,159.94 Pending Wire View Order
After payment confirmed that they see. but did not get a device or writing about what I expect.
Avalon is the scammers?

You sent the money 20 days ago and not 100 days ago, so you should simply shut up.
Activity: 730
Merit: 250
February 02, 2013, 04:03:43 AM
been paid in full order:
After payment confirmed that they see. but did not get a device or writing about what I expect.
Avalon is the scammers?

Yifu has already said that they shipped a batch of 53 units but they wouldn't know for sure until today whether those units made it out of the country before the CNY cut-off.  Until they know that, they can't give people an idea of when they might receive their units and I seem to recall that they were giving priority to shipping large orders so your unit may not be in that batch of 53 (one person ordered 43).

I also seem to recall him saying that he'd deal with your problem when he got back to NY.  Given that it was his birthday on Thursday plus he personally delivered the ASIC to Bitcoin Foundation, you might want to give him some breathing space.

He already offered you a refund and you chose to wait for delivery instead.  Everyone knew that shipping would be affected by CNY.  Frustrating as that might be, everyone else is in the same boat as you are.

I'm willing to wait.
Sent to my emails [email protected], never responded
In fact, you're the first, at least those who responded
February 02, 2013, 03:54:51 AM
been paid in full order:
Avalon is the scammers?

Yifu has already said that they shipped a batch of 53 units but they wouldn't know for sure until today whether those units made it out of the country before the CNY cut-off.  Until they know that, they can't give people an idea of when they might receive their units and I seem to recall that they were giving priority to shipping large orders so your unit may not be in that batch of 53 (one person ordered 43).

I also seem to recall him saying that he'd deal with your problem when he got back to NY.  Given that it was his birthday on Thursday plus he personally delivered the ASIC to Bitcoin Foundation, you might want to give him some breathing space.

He already offered you a refund and you chose to wait for delivery instead.  Everyone knew that shipping would be affected by CNY.  Frustrating as that might be, everyone else is in the same boat as you are.
Activity: 730
February 02, 2013, 03:37:07 AM
been paid in full order:
Avalon is the scammers?
February 02, 2013, 03:02:22 AM
Yifu, is there any word yet on whether the batch of 53 made it out of China?  You said that today was pretty much the deadline for them leaving the country before CNY.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 01, 2013, 10:09:50 PM

Batch 2 orders open later today.  Not sure yet when Batch 3 orders will open.
Batch 2 orders are not open yet.

Batch 2 orders open later today.
Activity: 406
February 01, 2013, 09:29:39 PM

Batch 2 orders open later today.  Not sure yet when Batch 3 orders will open.
Batch 2 orders are not open yet.
February 01, 2013, 07:59:33 PM
Hi, how long does it take to get the avalon standalone unit if I order right now.

No Refunds - The Avalon units are made on a built-to-order basis. This means when you place an order, your bitcoins are used to order parts to construct your Avalon Unit. Refunds therefore are impossible. Utilizing a short time frame, batch based, and built-to-order method allows to manage finances properly and reduce risk for all parties. e.g. Avalon ASIC, the re-sellers and the buyers.

this sounds like it could take several weeks / month even.

Batch 2 is scheduled for delivery in early March.  You can't order "right now".  Batch 2 orders open later today.  Not sure yet when Batch 3 orders will open.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 01, 2013, 05:36:26 PM
When are the rest of the Batch #1 customers going to receive their units?

[trolling]

After they finish selling out their Batch #2 preorders to fund the finishing of Batch #1 Cheesy

[/trolling]
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
February 01, 2013, 05:25:53 PM
First unit goes to Jeff Garzik in honor for the work he has done for the bitcoin codebase being the only developer who ordered from us.

we also arranged to ship a unit to the Bitcoin Foundation, whom is going to do a demo.

That's great you shipped to 2 high-profile users. When are the rest of the Batch #1 customers going to receive their units?
Pages:
Jump to: