Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships - page 47. (Read 238907 times)

legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
January 30, 2013, 08:56:56 AM
I've had 2 from them (Icarus, DevKit), 1 from Hong Kong (a BFL) and 1 from USA (an MMQ) - all EMS, all 4 tracked fine.

My Lancelot also shipped with EMS, and tracking number given by ngzhang was in EMS database immedietly...
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
January 30, 2013, 08:26:16 AM
I just learned from Bitsyncom that tracking numbers aren't generated until they leave mainland China [i.e. Customs]. Then it is handed off to DHL which then generates the tracking number.

I experienced this several times before with packages (fpga's) from NGZ.

Package untraceable until arrival at DHL office in Europe.
Maybe they should go back to using EMS then Tongue

I've had 2 from them (Icarus, DevKit), 1 from Hong Kong (a BFL) and 1 from USA (an MMQ) - all EMS, all 4 tracked fine.
legendary
Activity: 1610
January 30, 2013, 08:25:03 AM
I just learned from Bitsyncom that tracking numbers aren't generated until they leave mainland China [i.e. Customs]. Then it is handed off to DHL which then generates the tracking number.

+1
My FPGA were shipped to local forwarder first and after a couple of days i got the  DHL tracking number
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
January 30, 2013, 08:19:59 AM

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 30, 2013, 07:42:06 AM
Quote from: kaerf link=topic=137534.msg1488973
2) they said they would give jeff a tracking number, but haven't done that. apparently, difficulty with shipping/customs is causing problems...i agree that failure to at least address this issue is a problem.

aside from those 2 points, i think most people are annoyed with the lack of information rather than misinformation.

Hey listen honey ..I promise I wont come in your mouth...

The cheque is in the mail...

You only get tracking numbers once you leave china.....

BlahBlahBlah.....what a crock

legendary
Activity: 1610
January 30, 2013, 07:22:31 AM

The openwrt trunk revision is 35097

https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/35097/

Changeset 35097
Timestamp:
    Jan 11, 2013 5:44:26 PM (3 weeks ago)

Which seems perfectly fine. Just after chips arrived from the factory about 4-7 of January

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
January 30, 2013, 05:58:50 AM
oh please BFL, save us from this misery!
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
January 30, 2013, 04:53:53 AM

almost 70GH/s
Well again, as I said before, Xiangfu wrote the driver for cgminer.
When he was asking me about it, 2.10.4 was already available.

That output looks legit.

Weird that the date is indeed 24-Jan i.e. more than 6 days ago.

1359050115 = 24-Jan-2012 17:55:15 UTC

China timezone would be 2am or 3am (not 100% sure which - anyone can look it up)

Yes runtime is 503 seconds.

Hardware Errors = 7 means it's not perfect or it's got some form of overclocking that is already pushing the limit of the device ... or a minor bug somewhere in the driver/cgminer combo Smiley

They ran the test with GetWork and 1 difficulty shares - bad idea with ASIC Tongue Use Stratum and something like 8+ difficulty ...
(I use 8 difficulty on my 2.4GH/s Tongue)

29 Rejects means there must have been a block change (LP) ... and Network Blocks = 2 says yes there was 1 block change.

So 29 Rejects on a single LP sounds reasonable for ~60GH/s on GetWork

The numbers Elapsed, Total MH, MHS av, Difficulty Accepted, Accepted, Utility, Work Utility all calculate out to the right arena.

And lastly - yes that output matches: "java API summary"

2012 ? We are in 2013.

TIME STAMP: 1359050115

DATE (M/D/Y @ h:m:s): 01 / 24 / 13 @ 11:55:15am EST
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
January 30, 2013, 04:43:07 AM
http://puu.sh/1UyQ8

almost 70GH/s

That output looks legit.

China timezone would be 2am or 3am (not 100% sure which - anyone can look it up)

Hardware Errors = 7 means it's not perfect or it's got some form of overclocking that is already pushing the limit of the device ... or a minor bug somewhere in the driver/cgminer combo Smiley

They ran the test with GetWork and 1 difficulty shares - bad idea with ASIC Tongue Use Stratum and something like 8+ difficulty ...

29 Rejects means there must have been a block change (LP) ... and Network Blocks = 2 says yes there was 1 block change.

The numbers Elapsed, Total MH, MHS av, Difficulty Accepted, Accepted, Utility, Work Utility all calculate out to the right arena.

2012 ? We are in 2013.
Activity: 45
Merit: 10
January 29, 2013, 11:32:26 PM
Ah, fantastic.

When is the re-up? The site isn't taking the next batch of orders yet.

We see no reason to hold your money while we ship the first batch of units, not to mention CNY.

We will take orders soon as we feel we have adequately taking care of streamlining shipping of the first batch.

any progress with streamlining shipping of the first batch yet?
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
January 29, 2013, 10:50:16 PM
So it ran for 503 seconds before it melted?
legendary
January 29, 2013, 07:12:46 PM

almost 70GH/s

That output looks legit.

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
January 29, 2013, 07:03:51 PM
That is how it works when you use an HK forwarder...
Perhaps that is the company they contracted to take care of the shipping paperwork. Customs broker of some kind or a Forwarder.

Might explain why they are sending shipment in clumps instead of FIFO.
Activity: 55
January 29, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
That is how it works when you use an HK forwarder...
legendary
January 29, 2013, 07:01:37 PM
 Grin

Keep in mind that customs does not work outside at sea in some barge. Chinas customs are usually at ports within China.

If you could track down what kind of package it was (electronics?) and when you actually got a tracking number that may be useful information.
Activity: 56
January 29, 2013, 06:57:14 PM
Quote from: kaerf link=topic=137534.msg1488973
2) they said they would give jeff a tracking number, but haven't done that. apparently, difficulty with shipping/customs is causing problems...i agree that failure to at least address this issue is a problem.

aside from those 2 points, i think most people are annoyed with the lack of information rather than misinformation.

. . . what???  I've ordered several products straight from mainland China last year that I was able to track while it was still in China, and it came through DHL.  I can't be 100% sure when they issued me the tracking number in relation to when it cleared customs, but I know I had it before it came to America.  

On the flip side of that, I do remember the the tracking info didn't seem accurate until it did arrive in America.

Edit: As a side note, almost every time I have done it, it has taken about 2 weeks to get the product even with faster shipping.
legendary
January 29, 2013, 06:56:09 PM

can we infer that jeff's package has not left china, but bitsyncom still expects delivery around thursday? i guess it's possible. if thursday delivery, then jeff should have a tracking number by tomorrow at the latest.
I failed to ask Yifu the weight of each Avalon device. (To figure out why the paid so much for Jeffs delivery)

$400 is a pretty hefty sum of money. I suppose they must have paid extra to ensure extra quick delivery. The only way to know for sure is by posing the question to him.

Best guess, Chinas customs office is being a pain.
Pages:
Jump to: