Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships - page 48. (Read 238907 times)

Activity: 631
Merit: 500
January 29, 2013, 06:51:48 PM
I just learned from Bitsyncom that tracking numbers aren't generated until they leave mainland China [i.e. Customs]. Then it is handed off to DHL which then generates the tracking number.

can we infer that jeff's package has not left china, but bitsyncom still expects delivery around thursday? i guess it's possible. if thursday delivery, then jeff should have a tracking number by tomorrow at the latest.

EDIT: didn't yifu say he paid $400 to get it out of the country? if that's the case, then either he wasted his money or what he told you is incorrect, or he is withholding the tracking number.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
January 29, 2013, 06:46:36 PM
aside from those 2 points, i think most people are annoyed with the lack of information rather than misinformation.

And yet batch #1 sold out fast..  and batch #2 will also I will bet..
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 29, 2013, 06:34:27 PM
Well, that's not so far fetched. Think about it this way...who would you rather believe, a truthful man who once told a lie or a lying man who once told the truth?

It's a lot easier to believe a person when they're up front and honest with you the entire time, even if what they end up saying at the end is a blatant lie. To listen to a deceptive man keep you in the dark, but then present you with the truth, is vastly more difficult to take seriously. That's why even with these latest images, there will still be huge shadows of doubt cast over the Avalon team.

[...]
aside from those 2 points, i think most people are annoyed with the lack of information rather than misinformation.

Technically, a lie can be defined as anything that gives (or is meant to give) a false impression, whether through misinformation, confusion, changing topics, omission, etc. It's not necessarily about what words were spoken or unspoken, but rather the intentions of the person.

That said, I don't think I have anything to add to your list (nor have I looked). I was just trying to make a basic point  Cheesy

I'm sure we'll all have our answers with the next couple weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
January 29, 2013, 06:31:57 PM
Quote from: kaerf link=topic=137534.msg1488973
2) they said they would give jeff a tracking number, but haven't done that. apparently, difficulty with shipping/customs is causing problems...i agree that failure to at least address this issue is a problem.

I just learned from Bitsyncom that tracking numbers aren't generated until they leave mainland China [i.e. Customs]. Then it is handed off to DHL which then generates the tracking number.
January 29, 2013, 06:21:54 PM
rofl.

post pics or it's a scam.

here's a pic

nice pic from a scammer!

Well, that's not so far fetched. Think about it this way...who would you rather believe, a truthful man who once told a lie or a lying man who once told the truth?

It's a lot easier to believe a person when they're up front and honest with you the entire time, even if what they end up saying at the end is a blatant lie. To listen to a deceptive man keep you in the dark, but then present you with the truth, is vastly more difficult to take seriously. That's why even with these latest images, there will still be huge shadows of doubt cast over the Avalon team.

can you clarify which lies avalon has been telling?

i can think of two so far.
1) they said they were going to release a demo, but didn't. (there was a later update that kind of said there would be no demo/info until shipping)
2) they said they would give jeff a tracking number, but haven't done that. apparently, difficulty with shipping/customs is causing problems...i agree that failure to at least address this issue is a problem.

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 29, 2013, 06:11:26 PM
rofl.

here's a pic

nice pic from a scammer!

January 29, 2013, 06:11:04 PM
rofl.

here's a pic

nice pic from a scammer!

Its an interesting and measured response to all the chatter that's been going on around the forums.  I'm surprised they would only release it now (with all the controversy) but since neither Ckolivas, Kano or Luke-Jr worked on the Avalon unit remotely, I wonder how they got it working on Cgminer.

it's open source...anyone can modify it to do what they want. software is not rocket science.

...of course they have not disclosed their source yet.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
January 29, 2013, 06:10:01 PM
That cgminer status was from the 24th, if the time was set correctly.
Does the block of data tell you how many minutes or seconds the device was operating for?

503 seconds
Activity: 249
January 29, 2013, 06:09:02 PM
rofl.

here's a pic

nice pic from a scammer!

Its an interesting and measured response to all the chatter that's been going on around the forums.  I'm surprised they would only release it now (with all the controversy) but since neither Ckolivas, Kano or Luke-Jr worked on the Avalon unit remotely, I wonder how they got it working on Cgminer.
legendary
January 29, 2013, 06:08:12 PM
Does the block of data tell you how many minutes or seconds the device was operating for?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 29, 2013, 06:02:08 PM
legendary
January 29, 2013, 05:52:29 PM
Lowered the alert status to Defcon 3. phew...

Cool
January 29, 2013, 05:49:24 PM
rofl.

here's a pic

nice pic from a scammer!
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
January 29, 2013, 05:47:06 PM
^^^ at least email can pick this up and diagnose it correct.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
January 29, 2013, 05:45:30 PM
Appropriately:

legendary
January 29, 2013, 05:37:36 PM
email from avalon announcing batch 2

Confirmed, I just received the same email.
I can confirm this as well.

Activity: 377
Merit: 253
January 29, 2013, 05:33:48 PM

Could you repost that mail?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
January 29, 2013, 05:32:22 PM
for the math impaired:
if
1,299 = 60,000
69,xxx = ~1,499
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
January 29, 2013, 05:30:02 PM

January 29, 2013, 05:26:46 PM
Pages:
Jump to: