Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships - page 67. (Read 238907 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
January 25, 2013, 03:05:06 PM
i haven't received a tracking number, too  Undecided
perhaps all this is an advertising trick?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
January 25, 2013, 01:03:56 PM
Interesting thing: as we can see in profile, BitSyncom is monitoring forum and this thread, but keeping silence... Just impolitely...
BitSyncom, we are not a trolls, we just customers, who need shipping related info...
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
January 25, 2013, 01:01:34 PM
What do ASIC hardware vendors and politicians have in common?

Well, certainly not fans.

Umm I believe the one thing ASIC hardware vendors do have is fans...

That's the point.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
January 25, 2013, 12:45:22 PM
Well ... the politician joke goes like so:

How do you tell a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

What joke were you referring to?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 25, 2013, 12:41:26 PM

*slow-clap*

Get an ointment for god's sake. Perhaps a balm.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
January 25, 2013, 12:41:02 PM

Umm I believe the one thing ASIC hardware vendors do have is fans...
Activity: 352
January 25, 2013, 12:40:14 PM

*slow-clap*
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
January 25, 2013, 12:38:02 PM

Activity: 434
January 25, 2013, 12:36:04 PM
Activity: 462
Clown prophet
January 25, 2013, 12:27:42 PM
I stand corrected.  That was what the Avalon guy told me.

No tracking/shipping info yet.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
January 25, 2013, 12:27:32 PM
So, uhm... I heard a nasty rumor that Avalon has only actually shipped two units thus far.  Is this true?
They either shipped 0 or 12 every day for 5 days.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
January 25, 2013, 12:25:49 PM
So, uhm... I heard a nasty rumor that Avalon has only actually shipped two units thus far.  Is this true?
Activity: 438
Merit: 291
January 25, 2013, 12:11:24 PM
If Avalon distributes binaries, they are under obligation to provide the corresponding source code. It's very clear and simple. Then later, they can change the source and provide new binaries for the next batch.

Agreed. And, if the source code is not packaged with the device, I assume Jeff will ask for it and hopefully make it available.

And if I were BFL I would lob him the cash for the legal fees to get the shipments all stopped in customs!
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
January 25, 2013, 11:39:32 AM
@ Bitsyncom

I think it is time for you to add a little more light on this situation.

What is the situations with that third party company that is handling the shipping process?

What has been done to date so far internally? (with respect to units being assembled or any problems that are cropping up.)
legendary
Activity: 1610
January 25, 2013, 11:33:26 AM
I am sure that Avalon team is doing their best and are kicking their ass to ship. The simple fact is that if BFL (they will probably do) announces another delay, all orders will go to Avalon and BFL destiny will be no different compared to BTCFPGA after massive wave of refunds

I am sure that some of us especially jgarzik will get their tracking numbers before CNY. It is just a matter of time.

It's US Customs that holds packages coming from China.. and DHL would provide tracking information when it's shipped.. so you would see on tracking info that the item is being held in US customs.  The shipper is the one who gets the tracking info at the time of shipping, anyone who has shipped anything knows this.
Dude,

The only thing i said is that jgarzik will get the tracking number before CNY:) and meanwhile if BFL announces another delay they are history...
Time will show what will happen

Mark my words....
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
January 25, 2013, 11:30:51 AM
I am sure that Avalon team is doing their best and are kicking their ass to ship. The simple fact is that if BFL (they will probably do) announces another delay, all orders will go to Avalon and BFL destiny will be no different compared to BTCFPGA after massive wave of refunds

I am sure that some of us especially jgarzik will get their tracking numbers before CNY. It is just a matter of time.

It's US Customs that holds packages coming from China.. and DHL would provide tracking information when it's shipped.. so you would see on tracking info that the item is being held in US customs.  The shipper is the one who gets the tracking info at the time of shipping, anyone who has shipped anything knows this.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking/tracking_faq.html
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
January 25, 2013, 11:26:36 AM
Is it shipped through a courier like DHL/Fedex or China Post? Seems strange to not have given you the shipping info yet...

Uhhhh I don`t want to be a Dick but maybe that`s because it is NOT SHIPPED!
legendary
Activity: 1610
January 25, 2013, 10:58:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
January 25, 2013, 10:53:19 AM
I was surprised that I was the only core developer who paid for a unit.
This is not actually true, I bought four Avalon units. (I didn't see any reason to whine about being snubbed in public, but since it's now being repeated as fact— I might was well correct it).

I stand corrected.  That was what the Avalon guy told me.

No tracking/shipping info yet.

Is it shipped through a courier like DHL/Fedex or China Post? Seems strange to not have given you the shipping info yet...
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
January 25, 2013, 10:51:47 AM
To someone that knows it, is it normal for a parcel shipped with a 100$ DHL service or so to take 2 weeks to reach the old continent from China?

Can't get a clue over it.

It might take a while, the very first time a newly created piece of hardware clears Chinese customs.  Presumably there would be less delay for later units, as customs would already be familiar with that hardware.

Pages:
Jump to: