Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip - page 9. (Read 368035 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
hi, i just wanted to buy 8 antminers s3, at the price of 4 btc, and they ask me 2.59 for shipping with ups.
anyone knows something about this, cause they didn t say anytihing of shipping costs.
Ridiculous!
Yes, they started adding extra shipping costs with this batch of S3+'s .... but they seem to be quite liberal at how much they charge in total disregard to ROI of the buyer!
ADVICE: Get 8 vouchers to reduce your unit costs (they are worth ~0.035 to bitmain but people are selling them for 0.015 or less)

I don't have a fixed price for coupons.
If you want coupons, pm your offer price.
I have total 12Coupons in hand for S3+.

i have coupons, but i canno t pay 4 btc for units and 2,59 btc for shipping

Likewise, I also have dozens of coupons but when you can only apply a measly one per order and those coupons are small to start with, on top of that shipping is now added, it's time to look at the competition. Or as pointed out, buy some more bitcoin and sit on current hardware till new 20 and 16nm hardware is released very soon. Not by bitmain that I know of.

It will take a little bit more time to launch 20nm and 16nm ASIC.
You will get a hint of a near by lauch when you see a jump in btc difficulty.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
hi, i just wanted to buy 8 antminers s3, at the price of 4 btc, and they ask me 2.59 for shipping with ups.
anyone knows something about this, cause they didn t say anytihing of shipping costs.
Ridiculous!
Yes, they started adding extra shipping costs with this batch of S3+'s .... but they seem to be quite liberal at how much they charge in total disregard to ROI of the buyer!
ADVICE: Get 8 vouchers to reduce your unit costs (they are worth ~0.035 to bitmain but people are selling them for 0.015 or less)

Likewise, I also have dozens of coupons but when you can only apply a measly one per order and those coupons are small to start with, on top of that shipping is now added, it's time to look at the competition. Or as pointed out, buy some more bitcoin and sit on current hardware till new 20 and 16nm hardware is released very soon. Not by bitmain that I know of.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Ridiculous!

If you want, i still got 13 miners left from batch 8 that i want to sell for 200 dollar pp.

If you make it 4,5 btc i will sell you 8 miners incl shipping cost. (i payed the tax already over it)

Let me know if you like the offer.

Gr danny
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Mining hardware price will be jacked up if the btc price rises high if they are not shipped.
Otherwise, if we buy in anticipation that the price will increase later, then it's better to buy BTC directly and hold than investing in mining hardware.
Also, in any case, investing in mining hardware for ROI is a very dangerous investment.
A simple hardware failure will ruin all your investment.

You make a good point there, aka invest in buying BTC rather than HW. But that is all I agree with you on (and it still is speculation).
1. I do not think anyone invests in HW not to ROI, and all mining HW buys are inherently dangerous, but then again, bitmain offer a reputable RMA service.
2 .Just like a simple HW failure can theoretically ruin your investment, so can a simple disk failure (or should I say HW failure too) lead to the loss of your entire BTC stash! Even a clever hack (for the online wallet-holders) can do as much damage.

So my point still stands, we need to make these statements with proper context.
I also maintain that it could turn out to be a master-stroke to buy the batch 11 S3+'s at their pricing, though on the face of it they look too dear. Of course I have no insight into the future to be totally certain, but were I betting man, I'd err on the side of getting bitmain hardware on equivalent pricing per GH.

Not like to get into arguments in this matter.
It's not theoretical but practically kills your ROI.
Wishing you good luck for your wishes.
Everyone has different perspectives.

I did not think there was any arguing (just logical points being made), but like you say, everyone can have a differing opinion and it is very evident on this topic.
And thanks for the good wishes.

Mining hardware price will be jacked up if the btc price rises high if they are not shipped.
Otherwise, if we buy in anticipation that the price will increase later, then it's better to buy BTC directly and hold than investing in mining hardware.
Also, in any case, investing in mining hardware for ROI is a very dangerous investment.

You make a good point there, aka invest in buying BTC rather than HW. But that is all I agree with you on (and it still is speculation).
1. I do not think anyone invests in HW not to ROI, and all mining HW buys are inherently dangerous, but then again, bitmain offer a reputable RMA service.
2 .Just like a simple HW failure can theoretically ruin your investment, so can a simple disk failure (or should I say HW failure too) lead to the loss of your entire BTC stash! Even a clever hack (for the online wallet-holders) can do as much damage.

I also maintain that it could turn out to be a master-stroke to buy the batch 11 S3+'s at their pricing, though on the face of it they look too dear. Of course I have no insight into the future to be totally certain, but were I betting man, I'd err on the side of getting bitmain hardware on equivalent pricing per GH.

Not like to get into arguments in this matter.
It's not theoretical but practically kills your ROI.
Wishing you good luck for your wishes.
Everyone has different perspectives.

Shipping used to be included, now it's not.  IIRC it states that somewhere.
there is no point to buy from them anymore, you pay more then half of price per unit for shipping

There has been no point of buying HW for some time now, yet people keep lining up.  
We need to make statements in context. At the present BTC - fiat rate, there is (probably) no point in buying mining hardware, however, if the BTC - fiat rate was to spike (and possibly hold) to its previous highs, then the batch 11 pricing of the S3+ plus shipping will most likely turn out to be a fantastic investment. I have to agree that it does not look like a good investment at the present moment.

Shipping used to be included, now it's not.  IIRC it states that somewhere.
there is no point to buy from them anymore, you pay more then half of price per unit for shipping

There has been no point of buying HW for some time now, yet people keep lining up.   
We need to make statements in context. At the present BTC - fiat rate, there is (probably) no point in buying mining hardware, however, if the BTC - fiat rate was to spike (and possibly hold) to its previous highs, then the batch 11 pricing of the S3+ plus shipping will most likely turn out to be a fantastic investment. I have to agree that it does not look like a good investment at the present moment.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

Ridiculous!

If you are looking to buy mining hardware for return of your investment,
then no such hardware is available to buy from anywhere even if shipping cost is not considered.
These are just for luxury hobby purpose.
Activity: 87
Ridiculous!

Ridiculous!

Ridiculous!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I have;

S3 0.035 coupons will take 0.015 for each

Also have one S4 $200 coupon left will take .15

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

Discovered that one of my Batch 9 Ant S3 is hashing with just one blade. Only Chain#1 stated in the Status. Tried to restart a couple times still no go. Is this thing still has warranty?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Planning to but 10 C1s.
New to mining so some stupid questions.
Can someone please link me to which PSUs can I use to run them? Will the 250watt PSUs work fine? And I will have to buy seperate PSU for each C1?
How much load will they put?
Will I have to put 10 seperate ethernet cables in each of them?
How many units will one C1 consume/hour? 0.8units eh?
ill be thankful if you help me out

The C1 is not for you.
1) you didnt even ask about the liquid cooling - you'll spend more time, money, and space to set up radiators for the units then you will just getting S3+ units, particularly if you have the 0.035BTC coupons (I have a dozens of these, willing to sell for 0.025BTC each)
2) each board with individual PCIe connectors requires about 190W of 12V power. A S3+ has 2 boards, a C1 has 4 boards. Using 10 C1 units and 250W PSUs you would need 40 power supplies. Alternatively, you could buy 7 1200W power supplies.
3) yes, 1 ethernet per unit. you can buy a 8-port or 16-port switch fairly cheap though.

get the S3+ instead
Thanks for all the inputs. You are really helping. So how much will the cooling units cost?

I am really looking forward to buy your coupons.

So C1 has 4 boards and S3 has two. That means that ill have to connect 2 pci-e pins in S3 and 4 pci-e pins in a C1? ... Ummm I have to connect the boards with pci-e? Right?
if yes, then can I connect a single C1 with 2 PSUs? (just curious).
so s3 doesnt need liquid cooling? Can you tell some more benefits.
^^^
Can you apply multiple coupons to one purchase or are the you limited to one coupon per S3+ ?
If the former (i.e multiple coupons to one purchase), are you open to offers?
Pages:
Jump to: