Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip - page 7. (Read 368035 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
I couldn't even give my S4 coupon away, gave up after a couple of weeks.......
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I have a $200 S4 and two 0.035 BTC S3+ coupons available. Make an offer for the S4. The S3+ are free to the first I hear from.

PM me if interested.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
  Price for S3+ B11 is $210 per unit now Wink
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
details about s5!!! please!

If it is not obvious already, we are waiting for November 15 to get details Undecided

I would settle for "hints".
Even the form would be enough knowledge for now.
Is the design based on S1/S3? or S2/S4?
Liquid cooled?

We do know "new chips" and "extreme density" so it is safe to say the specs will be beefy.

Question is, with so much secrecy, and being rushed to market under the radar.... the chances of another S4 disaster repeating itself are not low.
Best of luck to the Beta Batch.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
details about s5!!! please!
BITMAIN announces Antpool: Pushing forward Decentralization

We are pleased to announce Antpool (antpool.com) which is open for users all around the world. BITMAIN has invested significant resources into developing a bitcoin pool based on the p2pool mining protocol. BITMAIN reaffirms its commitment to help decentralize the Bitcoin network, strengthen the Bitcoin eco-system and put the majority of hashing power into the hands of consumers.

The p2pool protocol prevents hashing power being controlled by one central entity (the pool owner), and has been significantly developed during the development of Antpool. All p2pool code will be open sourced and uploaded on BITMAIN’s Github link this week https://github.com/bitmaintech/p2pool. Antpool supports solo mining as well.

Antpool has been proven to be stable and secure through its long testing period.  From August 22th to November 10th, 295 blocks were found and 7398 Bitcoins were mined. Further stats can be found here link https://www.antpool.com/poolStats.htm.

Antpool can be found at antpool.com, while miners now can connect at stratum.antpool.com:3333 for pooled mining, and will be able to connect at p2p.antpool.com:3333 for p2p mining this week. Pool nodes are deployed around the world to improve performance and provide redundancy. Miners are automatically routed their closest location, including:
  • United States
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Beijing
  • Shenzhen
  • Qingdao
  • Hangzhou and more.

Features
  • 0% fees and PPLNS earnings.
  • Graphical displays for hashing speeds, income and pool statistics.
  • Email warnings for underperforming miners. 
  • API and third party application support.
  • Support for miner groups, group statistics and management.

Forum & Ticket System
Users are able to access to Antpool with their BITMAIN account. The log in and ticket system is unified across all BITMAIN services, which allows communication and support to be more efficient. Miners now can buy mining rigs from bitmaintech.com and chose hosting service at Umisoo and mine at antpool.com.

Your feedback is important for us to develop and improve our products.
Ticket page: support.bitmain.com
Forum Page: forum.bitmain.com

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins
     C1 Batch2 opens sale now, Cooling Kits are included Smiley

I don't get it.  3 BTC for an S4, or 2 BTC for two C1s.  Granted you need a PSU ... but they aren't worth 1 BTC.

M

Exactly - both are over-priced, especially now that spondoolies have lowered their SP20 price.

C1, S3, SP20, and many, many other models & manufacturers have all had their prices reduced in the month since S4 was last corrected.
Difficulty has risen a few times over since then.

Regardless of which model costs less, or any comparison, the S4 is loooooong overdue for a price cut.

This price cutting can not last forever. Soon we will hit the US$ profitability limit for these miner manufacturers, and the US$ price equivalent for the miners will stabilize. Than there will be either no more buy demand and the diff rising will slow to a halt, or BTC price will rise significantly.

I don't get it.  3 BTC for an S4, or 2 BTC for two C1s.  Granted you need a PSU ... but they aren't worth 1 BTC.

M

Exactly - both are over-priced, especially now that spondoolies have lowered their SP20 price.

C1, S3, SP20, and many, many other models & manufacturers have all had their prices reduced in the month since S4 was last corrected.
Difficulty has risen a few times over since then.

Regardless of which model costs less, or any comparison, the S4 is loooooong overdue for a price cut.
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

M

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

M
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Anyone got an extra S4 coupon i could use before they expire please?

Thanks......
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
It would be nice to see a "new chip" in the next boards.

The current release of chip (BM1382) will be at the end of its useful life before the end of december.
judging by it's datasheet it has a lot of unused potential... But maybe the power efficiency is not so good as it can be in next gen chips, as always...
Activity: 868
It would be nice to see a "new chip" in the next boards.

The current release of chip (BM1382) will be at the end of its useful life before the end of december.
How much is S4 dropped by?

Nothing yet. But seeing as their S5 is supposed to be right around the corner.. who knows Smiley

S5 might "just" be a liquid cooled S4 with double density maybe? - like the S3 -> C1 setup

yeah I know.
More of a rhetorical question, considering it hasn't dropped in price for a month now..... while the difficulty continues to climb. While other models do drop in price.

S5 might be a rocketship that will finally get us all to the moon we keep hearing about Tongue
Doesn't look like we will know until it is too late.
Hard to make any informed decisions without any solid information whatsoever.
If all it is, is a water-cooled S4 with a few tweaks.... then why not say at least that much? Don't need every detail right now, but some hints about form factor and features might be nice.
**I like your theory, except that would be called a C2? would it not?

An S4 price drop right about now, to match the S3 drop, might be nice also. Before the S5 is released and revealed on the same day to keep everyone in the dark Undecided
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Update: The official price of in stock S3+ is dropping to 0.5193btc.

Nothing yet. But seeing as their S5 is supposed to be right around the corner.. who knows Smiley

S5 might "just" be a liquid cooled S4 with double density maybe? - like the S3 -> C1 setup
Update: The official price of in stock S3+ is dropping to 0.5193btc.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
How ou how should the voltage be written in new firmware field - chinese cant put an example to ease things.
so is it 0.63 or .63 or 0.63v perhaps .63v or even 0.63V .. .63V Please tell.

So ive got s3:s , I think i found it from s4 manual 0630 ? Doesnt seem to affect anyhow - is this field a Bitmain joke?

Hi, only with the option "Advanced Setting" in your miner status, you can adjust the voltage and frequency. Go to the Miner Configuration tab and in the Advanced Settings tab you will find the chip operating frequency and voltage set as default 225M and 0725-which means 0.725volts. You can select the voltage value from the pull-down menu, however you should modify the chip operating voltage by yourself as per the testing results. And the voltage and frequency should match in a proper way, otherwise, the miner will probably run in a abnormal status.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
How ou how should the voltage be written in new firmware field - chinese cant put an example to ease things.
so is it 0.63 or .63 or 0.63v perhaps .63v or even 0.63V .. .63V Please tell.

So ive got s3:s , I think i found it from s4 manual 0630 ? Doesnt seem to affect anyhow - is this field a Bitmain joke?

For Antminer S4      0725
Pages:
Jump to: