Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 44. (Read 309874 times)

Activity: 330
Merit: 252
NEIN, ICH BIN DER BITCOIN!
Someone should make a poll of when this party will take place.

Speculation call it...

Curious...when the price hits $1,000 what if it is very sudden? Do we all just drop what we are doing or do we give at least a week buffer to get ready?

Not all of us reside in that part of the world.  Tongue

Welcome smoothie,

u find a proposal in the opening thread, it's right after the reservation list. The Prize of Bitcoin should be at least 1 week at 1k on bitstamp in average... And 6 to 8 weeks later this monsterparty will be released.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Someone should make a poll of when this party will take place.

Speculation call it...

Curious...when the price hits $1,000 what if it is very sudden? Do we all just drop what we are doing or do we give at least a week buffer to get ready?

Not all of us reside in that part of the world.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
If/when it reaches $1000 a coin, I will be there in my new private jet full of ladies.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
Shouldn't this be held at a place where you can use your bitcoins to the fullest? Say Amsterdam or Prague?
Berlin is no different. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Shouldn't this be held at a place where you can use your bitcoins to the fullest? Say Amsterdam or Prague?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
I am very doubtfull that we would be able to afford even one big musical act for just the $1mil that this party will supposedly raise. The cost of the venue and everything else will likely be enormous.

That said, I would love to see Studio Killers, though they're not really a "live performing" band  Grin

A party isn't a party without great DJs. Big music act's IMO are spectator events made memorable by a collective appreciation for the performing artist. I'm all for DJ's the attendees will be too diverse to appreciate live POP (as in POP culture) but I'm still in support of a chill lounge with a piano and a live lounge singer.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
I am very doubtfull that we would be able to afford even one big musical act for just the $1mil that this party will supposedly raise. The cost of the venue and everything else will likely be enormous.

That said, I would love to see Studio Killers, though they're not really a "live performing" band  Grin
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I think April 2014 is realistic

"shame" that it is already taken  Grin

partly based on your work, so I hereby give credit to you.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

"shame" that it is already taken  Grin
donator
count me in. hope it's in 2013 Smiley

Woaaahhh, 2013!!! So we celebrate at new years eve??? For us to plan this huge event, i hope it will be 2014! My suggestion is September 2014. In that case the Party will be in obout 1 Year from know.

But who knows, Bitcoin was at gox at 250, so this is already 1/4 from what we need....

Woaaahhh, 2013!!! So we celebrate at new years eve??? For us to plan this huge event, i hope it will be 2014! My suggestion is September 2014. In that case the Party will be in obout 1 Year from know.

But who knows, Bitcoin was at gox at 250, so this is already 1/4 from what we need....
Quote from: 600watt link=topic=285771.msg3463287#msg3463287 date=

which main act or dj would you like to meet at the party ?

I'm old as dirt. While I enjoy a little EDM, give us crusty old timers some more traditional rock-oriented act, too.

We will have 2 or maybe 3 different stages with a wide varyity of music.....
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Quote from: 600watt link=topic=285771.msg3463287#msg3463287 date=

which main act or dj would you like to meet at the party ?

I'm old as dirt. While I enjoy a little EDM, give us crusty old timers some more traditional rock-oriented act, too.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
“I would not see why we at Swift could not send transactions in bitcoin as a currency.” - SWIFT CEO Gottfried Leibbrandt, 2013 Sep 16
ps: please enlighten me about your sig. what is he talking about Huh??

Got it from a news story. Apparently, the CEO of SWIFT is actively pondering the possibility of the worldwide financial settlements backbone employing bitcoin as it's underlying infrastructure.

Of course, this may be an offhand comment taken out of context. But fascinating nonetheless.
donator
Name suggestion:

Bitcoin@1k Party

To use "Bitcoin" instead of "btc" is important because it should
be easy to be found by new people googling for bitcoin-news.

Dollar sign $ should be avoided in the name like fiat should
be avoided in the event  Wink

Anyway it's just an idea...

The "Bitcoin Kilo-Party"? I'll be looking forward to the "Bitcoin Mega-Party"

btw: before we party on the moon, let's put a bitcoin flag there: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-much-to-put-bitcoin-to-da-moon-or-the-iss-or-a-satellite-323945
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
i guess most are pretty well "trained" in hardcore partying, the problem will be to make tis white-collar Wink
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
welcome Zephir, LiteCoinGuy and Guajiro  !

start intense party-training NOW to be prepared when this one takes off...  Grin

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Thanks, molecular.

Although Dubai may be a good place for the Bitcoin=$10,000 party.  Wink

Yes. And the $100,000 party will be... ┗(°0°)┛ (on the moon)

FUCK YEAH!!!

lol !

dabei...+1

and in Dubai and on the Moon also...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust

Thanks, molecular.

Although Dubai may be a good place for the Bitcoin=$10,000 party.  Wink

Yes. And the $100,000 party will be... ┗(°0°)┛ (on the moon)

FUCK YEAH!!!

lol !
Pages:
Jump to: