Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ParkByte][PKB][Electrum] Pure POS - page 36. (Read 109869 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 125
Well so far looks like #8 is winning with the votes, I like it and it does meet the initial spec of being simple and corporate looking and "I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life" as nickhiggins123 said

I will leave it open to comment/vote for the next day or so and will announce the winner after.

I like number 8 the most too, but when I tried viewing it on a small screen the text changed from looking like "PARKBYTE" TO LOOKING LIKE "PARHBYTE" The letter K appears as a letter H on very small screens. I'm not a graphic designer but there must be a way to make it appear correctly on small screens.

You are right, it does look like a H, I have asked for a revision.

8 is win? :-( The real car at 4 is much better than this at 8 :-(  Grin

Not yet, these comments and throwing me back and forth
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
8 is win? :-( The real car at 4 is much better than this at 8 :-(  Grin
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Well so far looks like #8 is winning with the votes, I like it and it does meet the initial spec of being simple and corporate looking and "I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life" as nickhiggins123 said

I will leave it open to comment/vote for the next day or so and will announce the winner after.

I like number 8 the most too, but when I tried viewing it on a small screen the text changed from looking like "PARKBYTE" TO LOOKING LIKE "PARHBYTE" The letter K appears as a letter H on very small screens. I'm not a graphic designer but there must be a way to make it appear correctly on small screens.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Did the logo numbers for voting change? I like #7 but I thought was labeled as #8 yesterday.

No they haven't changed, although I can see how you can get confused on my phone

Here is a screenshot of how they are numbered

Nice. I like few, but one the most Cheesy
already voted for number 4. Very classy imho.  Grin
My wallet stopped working today not syncing any help?

Try adding the nodes in parkbyte.conf, I will check the hardcoded nodes to make sure they are still up and working.

Most recent node list can be found here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pkb/#!network
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
My wallet stopped working today not syncing any help?

Did the logo numbers for voting change? I like #7 but I thought was labeled as #8 yesterday.

No they haven't changed, although I can see how you can get confused on my phone

Here is a screenshot of how they are numbered

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

twn
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1011
i also prefer 8. good luck
Activity: 154
8 Smiley
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
i like 9. except with a different shade on the "P" - black is too bold, need a darker grey

8. is OK, but the text is TERRIBLE. plus some shading and a border would be great, seems too basic/simple/lacking.
Activity: 938
Number 8 cool Cool Cheesy
Yeah i guess so. i voted the #8 too Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023
I am a good bro
Number 8 cool Cool Cheesy
Activity: 827
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad
i am between in 8 and 10 but as if 8. logo seems very sensual. it makes me relax Smiley i choose 8.

My vote is for #8 all are looking good!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
i am between in 8 and 10 but as if 8. logo seems very sensual. it makes me relax Smiley i choose 8.
So I understand the premine is to be used as an incentive for partnerships with parking companies and I'm cool with that, but are there any plans to target incentives geared towards the end user?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the navigation app Waze, but they've always had this social aspect of their app for their end users that gives them achievements for specific things  like miles driven in a day, incidents reported, etc. So users can use Waze for the intended use case of turn-by-turn navigation with crowd-sourced data, while at the same time also complete against their friends and other Waze users for a higher ranking.

I was just thinking it might be useful to think about implementing something like this for PKB. Even if it's not a fully developed feature when presenting to parking companies, I'm sure just presenting the idea in a white paper would be of interest to them. Maybe even implementing messaging in the app, so PKB users can send messages to each other on the blockchain might be interesting.

Just spit balling some ideas Smiley 

Yes 75% of the premine is put aside for partnerships with parking companies, the rest is yet to be allocated really.

I haven't really said much about the end user incentives and love the social aspect you mention. Yes I have used Waze before.

For end users I have always thought of some sort of lottery using the App to mark the TX with a specific TX fee or something similar.

Say I allocated 50,000PKB of the premine to run this lottery type promotion for a year that is around 136PKB given away a day divided between 5 randomly selected transactions (half of what is minted a day).

Integrating the social part is a good idea, haven't really visualised it until thinking of the Waze app the first thing that popped into my head is rather than trying to mark the TX with a specific fee, the user just answers a question like "How many empty spaces can you see in the car park? 0-5 5-10 10+", Their answer is sent to a server where they are entered into the lottery and updates an in app map that shows parking spaces available.

I will think some more on that  Wink

Since I'm not sure whether my radio button input on the logos page is registering, I'm placing my vote for #10 here too.

nope #10 didnt register, strange it is just a WP addon I added when I had 5minutes earlier, if anyone else hass any issues please let me know and I will change it.

Logo Contest/Competion has ended.

Here are the logo's received, there is a basic poll and results will be announced soon (A few days)

I shall take the poll into consideration when making the final decision. Spam/Multiple votes will be ignored.

http://www.parkbyte.com/logos/

#2 rocks, you get a sweet slogan with a simple but elegant design.
#3 is too much, you can barely read the bottom, and people like my father wouldn't like the "bling".
#12 seems to be simple yet incorporate the idea of crypto itself.
#4,5,6,7 not sure why that particular car was chosen, but I like the concept itself.
My personal favorite is #8. I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life

Thanks, I am torn between a few so detailed analysis is very much appreiciated
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Since I'm not sure whether my radio button input on the logos page is registering, I'm placing my vote for #10 here too.
Activity: 179
Fighter of the Dayman
So I understand the premine is to be used as an incentive for partnerships with parking companies and I'm cool with that, but are there any plans to target incentives geared towards the end user?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the navigation app Waze, but they've always had this social aspect of their app for their end users that gives them achievements for specific things  like miles driven in a day, incidents reported, etc. So users can use Waze for the intended use case of turn-by-turn navigation with crowd-sourced data, while at the same time also complete against their friends and other Waze users for a higher ranking.

I was just thinking it might be useful to think about implementing something like this for PKB. Even if it's not a fully developed feature when presenting to parking companies, I'm sure just presenting the idea in a white paper would be of interest to them. Maybe even implementing messaging in the app, so PKB users can send messages to each other on the blockchain might be interesting.

Just spit balling some ideas Smiley 
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Logo Contest/Competion has ended.

Here are the logo's received, there is a basic poll and results will be announced soon (A few days)

I shall take the poll into consideration when making the final decision. Spam/Multiple votes will be ignored.

http://www.parkbyte.com/logos/

#2 rocks, you get a sweet slogan with a simple but elegant design.
#3 is too much, you can barely read the bottom, and people like my father wouldn't like the "bling".
#12 seems to be simple yet incorporate the idea of crypto itself.
#4,5,6,7 not sure why that particular car was chosen, but I like the concept itself.
My personal favorite is #8. I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life
Pages:
Jump to: