Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly | - page 2. (Read 69663 times)

legendary
Activity: 967
Merit: 1002
It seems that we are the only 2 people running the Philosopherstone client.
There is a permanent PHS node at 108.61.18.123
Also there is a Philosopherstone source with a few updates/fixes at https://github.com/noise23/philosopherstone
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Sorry guys, had some power cuts over lockdown, just bringing everything back up now.

Hi Muzzargh,
How are you doing? It seems that we are the only 2 people running the Philosopherstone client. The client is old, and it may even have vulnerabilities.... I would like to migrate to Ethereum, Cosmos or Polkadot/Substrate; we could stake there without having to run a dedicated client 24/7.

What do you think?

Let's connect over email or message client, it'd be easier as i am really not often connected to Bitcointalk.
Please DM me and we can discuss this further

Looking forward to discuss the future of Philosopherstone :-)

Cheers
Activity: 13
Sorry guys, had some power cuts over lockdown, just bringing everything back up now.
All done!!!

I had to set my new node with a static IP address, then set up a new inbound rule in the firewall for TCP on port 16281.

I went here: https://www.ipfingerprints.com/portscan.php to check the port was 'open'.

Add node 123.255.59.228 it should be running 24/7  Grin
I've just configured a new PC to run PHS as a node, how do I confirm I have it set up correctly?

This is how I've configured the router:

Port Mapping

Service        Local IP Address       Protocol       LAN Port       Public Port
  PHS           192.168.1.xxx           TCP            16281            16281

Plus I added 2 exceptions in my local firewall, 1 for TCP and 1 for UDP both on port 16281.

But my Wallet is sending requests on port 51326.

Is this all set up correctly?
Activity: 116
Merit: 7
Back up and running!!!
1 year 17 weeks to go....
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
staking works fine over years
Synching, 3 years to go...
Pi back up, just waiting to sync.

Lets make 2021 the year of PHS!!!
Activity: 576
Merit: 250
Owns of Waya Wolf Coin - WW Supports the Wolf Park
Hello All,

Is this coin going to be resurrected from the dead.  If so, will it be listed on an exchange and a new announcement written about it??  Will there be a fork?/  WHo will be the new developer(s)??

Happy Holidays!!

Cheers,

Waya
Had problems with my account but I'm back on!

My Pi crashed, in the process of rebuilding.
Is it still on any exchanges? I haven't checked this stone for a while.  Smiley

The only one that I know of is Freiexchange, https://freiexchange.com/market/PHS/BTC

Who would be up to relaunch this coin? Perhaps we could migrate it to a different platform to increase security (i.e. fork) while keeping the same specs. It would be easier to stake online, like liquidity providers do in #DeFi. We'd need a new website and group on Telegram or Discord.

What do you guys think?

Should we connect over a call at some point? (PM me!)
Activity: 47
Is it still on any exchanges? I haven't checked this stone for a while.  Smiley

The only one that I know of is Freiexchange, https://freiexchange.com/market/PHS/BTC
Is it still on any exchanges? I haven't checked this stone for a while.  Smiley
Some of us are still here, but some altcoins have kinda died out.  Cry Undecided

It's true, but many of the coins that died were 100% full of shit. PHS had a fair POW/POS launch in 2013, this alone sets the project apart!
And then it's just running non-stop since then Grin
PHS is a gem, it's basic but it works!

I would personally love to have an updated Raspberry Pi build  Cool - I have 2 of these that could be spin on PHS.
The models are 2B/3, but i struggled so far because of the OpenSSL standard library. Perhaps a new build will fix that
Some of us are still here, but some altcoins have kinda died out.  Cry Undecided
Activity: 41
Is anyone running still running a FULL WALLET?

Well my FULL WALLET running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with only 1GB RAM is currently offline because 1GB RAM is not enough for running a FULL WALLET anymore.
Therefore I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM and changed the PHS-wallet source code for running on 64bit.
BUT now, my new Raspberry Pi 4 64bit wallet cannot connect anyone :-(

According to my "debug.log" my last connection was about one week ago.

If there are still any PHS fans out-there I could launch an official new RPi 4 64bit 1.7.0.0 wallet version, soon.
Pages:
Jump to: