Author

Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining! - page 114. (Read 366074 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
a bit of Blitzcoin mining tonight...Huh?
Activity: 147
Is it just me or do most of the stats on the site appear as 0? Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com
We've finished manually processing the blocks of ECC that were mined during the attack on Saturday night, and have credited them to miners as a single large unified group of coins under block #30599.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Thanks for the great communication.
legendary
All of our systems have been working well today. We have added the ability to set worker difficulty levels back onto the site - you should now be able to update worker difficulty there. Please note that currently when you update difficulty settings on the site, they won't take effect until you restart your miner.

We're still working on manually processing the 33 blocks mined during the attack last night. It is taking longer than expected because of the sheer volume of false shares to sort through (50GB+). I'll post an update here whenever I have more news on that.
Activity: 84
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
Oh goody new coins can't wait to see what  Roll Eyes
legendary
Update -- All servers and processing jobs have been running smoothly since 6:30AM EST this morning. We'll be working on manually processing the blocks mined from 8pm-6am last night, and I'm hoping to have them all be credited to you by midnight EST tonight.

Other than that, we have a few newer coins we've been watching to add at the right moment, and may do so later today. Also, we have an EU stratum endpoint in the works, which we'll officially announce in the next few days.

@bsquared and @schnauzr Thanks! It was definitely a complicated issue. Unfortunately, sometimes problems do occur, but we do try to resolve them as quickly as possible and provide updates along the way.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Nice, props for the quick fix to what seemed to be a relatively complex issue. 

indeed, great communication too.
Activity: 72
Nice, props for the quick fix to what seemed to be a relatively complex issue. 
legendary
We have been back up and running since approximately 6:30AM EST, although we have only just now completed getting the remainder of the background processing jobs caught up.

All background/processing jobs have been re-enabled now. The site and pool should be 100% operatational at this time.

The short explanation is that it appears we were under an attack due to an exploitable flaw in stratum-mining, where fake shares can be submitted and they are treated as valid. We were seeing around 100,000 difficulty 1024 shares submitted per minute -- which is roughly equivalent to a 40Gh/s pool. We were on a bit of a wild goose chase for a while, as WafflePool was having issues with "hash redirection" that initially seemed like they might be related (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5853318).

However, that was not the case, and eventually we narrowed the source of the problem down to stratum-mining, and began working on a fix. We ultimately switched our servers to use the same stratum server version that Multipool.us uses, which is unaffected by the exploit.

As soon as we switched over to that stratum code version, the excessive shares instantly stopped.

Please note that ECC blocks mined overnight between block #29,962 and #30,599 will have to be manually processed, and will be credited later today. We've been up working on this all night, so that will most likely begin to happen after 8pm EST. We found approximately 33 blocks during that block range that will require manual processing.

Blocks prior to #29,962 and after #30,599 are unaffected and have all been paid normally.

Also, we have had to disable variable difficulty with the new stratum code. We've temporarily set worker difficulty to a static 128 for everyone, and will be adding the difficulty setting control back onto the site later today.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
So despite the blurb in the OP this pool suffers from the same sort of problems as other multipools ?
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
I'm getting no hashrate displayed at all??? On my 2 worker
Activity: 41
No mate, not even a singe satoshi lol

Its very wierd indeed
I mined for about 6hrs today on your pool.

My account shows zero balance, is it likely some sort of balance may show up? or has the ddos made my afternoons mining redundant?

Thanks

Did you check your unconfirmed balance too? I have quite a few coin locked up as unconfirmed from today's mining. You might too.
Activity: 41
I mined for about 6hrs today on your pool.

My account shows zero balance, is it likely some sort of balance may show up? or has the ddos made my afternoons mining redundant?

Thanks
legendary
They are rotating through existing users, which is why you see insane hashrates for your workers if you've looked at the site after I've managed to get the jobs to run the frontend statistics calculations to access the database long enough to update. We are actively working on identifying the sources and implementing a way to block it.
is the pool down? i am getting constant disconnects and losing shares....

any idea on when it will be up and running again - ?

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Dumb question, but aren't they logged in when submitting shares? If it's all the same account submitting the bad shares, you could just block that account. Or does stratum work by allowing work to be requested before asking for worker user/pass ?
legendary
For the past ~7 hours we've been seeing 40-60 Gh/s of hashrate pointed at our stratum, which is overloading it in what appears to be some kind of strange DDOS. However, we aren't solving blocks at the rate that would indicate that we should be.

Part of the issue has also been that stratum-mining blocks on database calls, so I've been working with Ahmed Bodi (the stratum-mining maintainer) on tuning the stratum server as best as we can currently.

We've been actively working on this, and I'll post more details as we have them. The website/frontend is not being updated because the jobs to handle the calculations are being blocked by constant large writes to the shares table.

(As a side note, we have temporarily increased the starting variable difficulty to 1024 to give the database server a fighting chance whenever we have to restart stratum because it becomes unresponsive. After restarting the stratum process recently, within a minute there had been more than 80k 1024 shares submitted!)
Jump to: