Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PoS] BitcoinStake - 100% Free Airdrop Distribution - page 38. (Read 47964 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Received AirDrop within 1 min. Wow, thank you DEV that was really fast!
I wish you all the best with your project.

How I can run a Node?

If you have your wallet open and are connected to the internet, you are running a node.
Activity: 442
Merit: 100
And now on to another topic: I wonder why Coinmarkets uses 9 digits to divide a Bitcoin rather than 8. It fooled me for a little over a day; I thought that I had scored a whole BTC worth of coins with this airdrop.  Cheesy

I was fooled too. It is surprising that they are using 9 digits instead of 8.
Activity: 462
Merit: 105
Received AirDrop within 1 min. Wow, thank you DEV that was really fast!
I wish you all the best with your project.

How I can run a Node?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I would like to Join and stake...
but I still newbie... Sad
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
BitcoinStake Whitepaper published!
Translation to Russian is reserved.
Will be ready today or tomorrow, I hope Smiley
legendary
To all the "newbies" complaining. You do realize, anyone can create multiple "newbie" accounts. Someone could create 100s of newbie accounts and claim the bounty multiple times. (It's called a Sybil attack.) Sorry that you are left out. Good news is that all you need to do with your newbie accounts is make 14 posts in a 2 week period, and you will then be updated to a Jr member account. I doubt all 10000 spots will be taken by then. I could be wrong though.

You got the points here. However, it's still extremely tiresome to manage all the 100+ accounts at the same time...  Roll Eyes

Knowing how to program a bot can be very helpful in this situation. Although the fact that Bitcointalk now uses a captcha has made this more difficult...

And now on to another topic: I wonder why Coinmarkets uses 9 digits to divide a Bitcoin rather than 8. It fooled me for a little over a day; I thought that I had scored a whole BTC worth of coins with this airdrop.  Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
To all the "newbies" complaining. You do realize, anyone can create multiple "newbie" accounts. Someone could create 100s of newbie accounts and claim the bounty multiple times. (It's called a Sybil attack.) Sorry that you are left out. Good news is that all you need to do with your newbie accounts is make 14 posts in a 2 week period, and you will then be updated to a Jr member account. I doubt all 10000 spots will be taken by then. I could be wrong though.

You got that right! maybe this will shh them down a bit Cheesy
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I receive my free token, thank you!
Very nice - 2500.00 BCS

Activity: 224
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

You got the points here. However, it's still extremely tiresome to manage all the 100+ accounts at the same time...  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
thank you for the airdrop!
Activity: 37
Newbie has too little coin compared to the other levels  Huh
legendary
Received my Airdrop! Cheesy thank you very much! Is it safe to stake it? Will it not expose my private keys?

No, staking does not expose your private keys.  Just open your wallet and leave the wallet open.  hold for at least 100 blocks, and coins will stake.

Great! Thanks! Does it heats your computer??

So far, my wallet is only using a little bit of the CPU. So it is not heating it up by much. Proof of stake is less electricity intensive than proof of work. As with any software that you download from the internet, there is a chance the program may contain a trojan. You may want to run it under sandboxie or a linux virtual machine. Also, if you have bitcoin or some other high value coin stored on a "hot" computer, you may want to consider using a hardware wallet or paper wallet, instead. Furthermore, always use a password manager. Makes it harder for keyloggers.

Hi you mean run the staking via a Virtual machine? Thank you for the idea to use a password manager Cheesy I wanted to use Keeppass do you think its safe enough?

I use Keepass myself. Very happy with it so far. And yes, I mean running the staking under a VM like Oracle VM VirtualBox.(If you a running Windows.)

Wow thats great! thank you! Now, Ive made my wallet in a windows machine open to the internet but yes with Firewall turned on. You my wallet.dat is safe? I like to keep BitcoinStake for long Cheesy

Encrypt your wallet and use a password generated from Keepass. Don't forget to backup you keepass database. That should keep your private keys safe. You can unlock you wallet for staking only.

Will there be more bounty to earn some more Bitcoin Stake coins? Cheesy
Received my Airdrop! Cheesy thank you very much! Is it safe to stake it? Will it not expose my private keys?

No, staking does not expose your private keys.  Just open your wallet and leave the wallet open.  hold for at least 100 blocks, and coins will stake.

So far, my wallet is only using a little bit of the CPU. So it is not heating it up by much. Proof of stake is less electricity intensive than proof of work. As with any software that you download from the internet, there is a chance the program may contain a trojan. You may want to run it under sandboxie or a linux virtual machine. Also, if you have bitcoin or some other high value coin stored on a "hot" computer, you may want to consider using a hardware wallet or paper wallet, instead. Furthermore, always use a password manager. Makes it harder for keyloggers.

Hi you mean run the staking via a Virtual machine? Thank you for the idea to use a password manager Cheesy I wanted to use Keeppass do you think its safe enough?

I use Keepass myself. Very happy with it so far. And yes, I mean running the staking under a VM like Oracle VM VirtualBox.(If you a running Windows.)

Wow thats great! thank you! Now, Ive made my wallet in a windows machine open to the internet but yes with Firewall turned on. You my wallet.dat is safe? I like to keep BitcoinStake for long Cheesy
Activity: 322

Hope you guys like the whitepaper!  It's just v1, I intend to keep it updated.  Open to suggestions for improving it!  Let's show the power of community!
Activity: 196
for those people who say "get this and this and this done like this looking like this...."

instead of talking, you can contribute and get it done.

don't gotta be vague, you can just call me out...

Look, if you want to pay someone to change the font on the Ann and restructure it a little, cool.  My whole thing was, don't give that person 100k bcs, give him say 10k BCS and reserve the difference for future endeavors.  Maybe I'm overvaluing the potential value of bcs.

constructive criticism is RARELY well received on this forum and it shouldn't be like that.  Check my post history, I don't go around just spreading FUD regularly for no reason.

ETHD, a recent coin that's doing well via airdrop put out some great stuff on behalf of their coin, then they put out a whitepaper that was comically bad.  The thread proceeded to DESTROY the whitepaper thereafter.  Cool thing about ETHD though, they didn't complain about the comments people made, they listened and decided to rework the whitepaper and are set to re-release it.  It's probably not what they wanted to do, but this is what you sign up for when you create a crypto.  In the end, that choice will positively impact that project.

The problem with airdrops is that they're packed with yes men and fake love.  Everyone's scared to go against the grain because they don't want to say anything that will DQ them from the airdrop.  You gotta ask yourself though, what means more to you, everyone saying yes and giving you that fake love, or someone that will do the uncomfy thing and point out shortcomings here and there?

This coming from someone that didn't just take the airdrop handout.  I'm grateful for what you airdropped me, but that airdrop amount was like skittles in comparison to what I've added.  

Suggestions and feedback are always welcomed.

Getting things launched and quick execution to market is very important.  All these things can always be improved and re-iterated.

Being the first (website, ann, block explorer, etc) up and running is priority.

There's always time later to get it "perfect".

If you want things changed/revised, there are the contacts on front page of ANN...and they will gladly listen to your suggestions.

for the ANN, this is a newbie account, and images does not display until jr. account, and we do have the graphics already made.

As for the award amounts, you don't need to worry about how I budget the coins, let me handle that.

To echo this point - I worked on the website - I'm continuing to iterate on it. Any suggestions are appreciated  Smiley
Activity: 42
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: