Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][POW] Scala | Smart ⭐, Mobile 📱, Distributed 🌐 and Anonymous 🕵️ - page 6. (Read 4188 times)

copper member
Activity: 58
Merit: 3
Distributed wealth for all devices
I admire the resiliency of the team for continuing their journey in crypto. Because if their foundation is weak, I am guessing this has long been abandoned by the team members already. They changed their names several times and yet, they are still here trying to compete with other blockchain projects. And if they can truly execute their goals, increasing their value will not be hard. I am with the idea that if they have actual application, it would not be too difficult to gain momentum in exchanges. So I am wishing all the best for Scala Team to carry out their mission here.  Wink

Thanks for the kind words. Our lead blockchain dev (Hayzam) has been there since the beginning and is a great asset for us. Our core team is really strong and we have overcome a lot of challenges in the last few years. We are passionate about what we do and we love building disruptive technology. Hard work always pay! And to be honest, it's already paying off for us because we're very proud of what we do and we're learning more every day.

P.S. We have a lot of exciting stuff coming... Roll Eyes
copper member
Nice to see a new thread and the project going on.

Any chance to have the same features on Iphones ?

Thanks! Unfortunately, Apple doesn't grant access to core CPU resources on their devices, so we don't plan to release a miner for iOS.

The Mobile Wallet for iOS is on our backlog though!
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
I admire the resiliency of the team for continuing their journey in crypto. Because if their foundation is weak, I am guessing this has long been abandoned by the team members already. They changed their names several times and yet, they are still here trying to compete with other blockchain projects. And if they can truly execute their goals, increasing their value will not be hard. I am with the idea that if they have actual application, it would not be too difficult to gain momentum in exchanges. So I am wishing all the best for Scala Team to carry out their mission here.  Wink
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Nice to see a new thread and the project going on.

Any chance to have the same features on Iphones ?
copper member
Nice, I forgot about this project, but I still have some mined coins somewhere...glad to see I can still swap

Hello! Yes, just follow our guide here: https://medium.com/scala-network/scala-swap-tool-instructions-e6c7248c0ab4

If you need assistance, feel free to join our Discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/djAFVvy
Activity: 2408
Merit: 318
Nice, I forgot about this project, but I still have some mined coins somewhere...glad to see I can still swap
copper member
Mobile Wallet update: v1.0.3

Some highlights of this release are:
  • Implement an Address Book
  • Add avatars to address entries
  • Swipe down to refresh wallet
  • Add a default height when restoring from seed
  • Fix various minor bugs

Download here: https://github.com/scala-network/ScalaVault/releases/
Activity: 42
Merit: 6
Great project and great team. A matter of time for people to get to know it.
copper member
This is a good question! We have written an article about this, you can read it there: https://medium.com/scala-network/mobile-mining-the-whys-and-hows-3e589029fa74

Even now, ARMs are more energy efficient than x86 CPUs and the speeds can easily compete with older CPU variants. More and more laptop manufacturers are also starting to utilize the energy-efficient ARM architecture. And since mining is all about energy efficiency, we think that we’re in a good spot with the vision we have!
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
Do you think mobile mining makes sense when professional cpu equipment comes into mining?
copper member
We don't really do typical "roadmaps", because we work in a complex environment and we adopt agile practices.

This being said, we do have a vision for the project, so here is an overview of the main items we have in our backlog for 2020/2021:

1. CLI/GUI wallets: Point release (stability improvements)
2. GUI Miner: Update to Panthera
3. LdPoW v2: Minor release (performance improvements)
4. New block explorer
5. Scala Community Contribution System (CCS): Web App
6. Scala Cortex: Mobile Wallet and Miner all-in-one single app
7. CDN integration with LdPoW for second layer Scala solutions: At the moment LdPoW is third layer - meaning it is not fully integrated as part of the network
Activity: 123
Merit: 0
Do you have Roadmap for 2021 ?
copper member
May I know what's kind of bot you implemented in your telegram? Yesterday I tried to join your telegram group and a bot of yours gave a welcome to me then my telegram get closed suddenly after I open it again there is no message from that bot. I don't know what's going on so I decided to leave the group, scanning my laptop and there is no virus, threat, etc had been detected.

We use Shieldy.
copper member
And the value right now is really really cheap - below 1sat.
Any immediate plans on how to increase the value of your coin?

First of all, our focus is more on creating business value than increasing the value of our coin. We don't want to be "just" another cryptocurrency that you can mine and exchange for BTC. Our next milestone is developing the CDN that will allow us to offer a real service to businesses.

This being said, it's not that we don't care about the price of XLA. We do care about it at a certain level. We have increased our presence on social media (Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, etc) and this thread is also another initiative that we wanted to do once our project was stable (which it is now). And for those of you wondering... yes, we plan on listing on new exchanges. But we really want to use our premine wisely and efficiently.
copper member
Thanks for your interest in our project! Here is a little background about us. (Sorry for the long thread!)

Our name was "Stellite" at our inception back in January 2018, some of you may have heard about us at this time. We have always been focused on mobile-friendly pow algorithms and app development. In January 2018 we started with a 0.6% premine that allowed us to start building the foundation of our project and pay for exchange listing and some basic expenses. We had our own topic here and also great support from the community: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpow-torque-decentralized-node-list-via-ipfs-zeronet-2813261

Unfortunately, we received a lawsuit in 2019 because the name "Stellite" is copyrighted by Kennametal. We didn't have a choice but to choose a new name in a hurry, so we rebranded to "Torque". It was not a chain swap, just a name change.

Since we were not really happy with the name "Torque", we decided to rebrand one last time to "Scala" with the release of Himalaya, the v6 version of our chain that allowed us to bring our mobile-friendly ecosystem to reality. This rebrand was also not a chain swap, just a change of name.

Unfortunately, we had some sync issues with our v6 chain, so we decided to perform a swap to a new chain, called Panthera (v7) and also develop our own light version of Delayed-Proof-of-Work (LdPoW). So we conducted the swap on July 31, 2020 with our exchanges, and provided a Swap Tool for the users that were not able to swap before this deadline. This tool is still up-and-running: https://medium.com/scala-network/scala-swap-tool-instructions-e6c7248c0ab4

After overcoming problems we had with our short premine when we first started (Stellite), v7 has officially addressed everything that we initially had set out to finish in our whitepaper and more. Unfortunately following this development, we quickly have run out of funds to continue forward, this is one of the reason that we decided to set aside around 3 years' worth of PoW rewards for the development and progression of the project for the next 5 to 6 years.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask them here Smiley
Activity: 123
Please tell us more about SWAP, please.
Why have you created a topic on the forum now, after a long period of mining?
How did the miners find out about you before and how did people join the mining?
Activity: 2646
Merit: 588
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
From the message in crex, this coin has been swapped to new XLA coins.
May we know the reason why this has been swapped as it is relatively new coin?
And the value right now is really really cheap - below 1sat.
Any immediate plans on how to increase the value of your coin?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 308
May I know what's kind of bot you implemented in your telegram? Yesterday I tried to join your telegram group and a bot of yours gave a welcome to me then my telegram get closed suddenly after I open it again there is no message from that bot. I don't know what's going on so I decided to leave the group, scanning my laptop and there is no virus, threat, etc had been detected.
Activity: 9
Nice.
I believe efficient mining with smart devices will have a key role in crypto, especially in the private coins scene.
And having a first mover advantage with an already well established mobile miner and mobile wallet could be a nice move.

I'll definitely follow this project.  Wink
copper member

GENERAL

Website  |  Network Explorer  |  GitHub  |  Wiki & Whitepaper  | Contact

_______

SPECIFICATIONS

Ticker: XLA
Consensus: Proof of Work
Algorithm: Panthera (KangarooTwelve + yespower (N=48, R=8) + RandomX)
Max Supply: Infinite (tail-emission)
Pre-mine: 3 years worth of PoW
Block Rewards: Dynamic Rewards*
Decimal Places: 2
Difficulty Adjustment Window: 120
Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm: Linearly Weighted Moving Average (LWMA)
Block Time: 120s
Genesis Block (pre-swap): 2018-01-22
Genesis Block (post-swap): 2020-07-31

* Dynamic Rewards essentially means that the rewards don't constantly inflate or deflate,
it will be based on the market conditions every year, but there will also be a constant year (6th year).
In our case where it takes away 1/4th of whatever the first 6 years worth of PoW was,
this kind of system makes sure our coins are well distributed and not too inflated.

_______

COMMUNITY

Twitter  |  Medium  |  Discord  |  Telegram  |  Reddit
Youtube

_______

APPLICATIONS

ScalaShare (CDN)  | Scallet (Web Wallet)  |  GUI Wallet  | CLI Wallet  |  Mobile Wallet  |  CLI Miner  |  Mobile Miner

_______

EXCHANGES

TradeOgre (BTC)  |  TradeOgre (LTC)  |  Crex24 (BTC) | BTDEX | Exbitron

_______

MINING POOLS

CryptoPool  | HeroMiners  |  Miner.Rocks |  FairHash | Other Pools

_______

REMOTE NODES
URL:Port Number

Official: mine.scalaproject.io:8000
ScalaNode: scalanode.com:11812
XLANode: XLAnode.com:11812