Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][POW] 👾Torque👾 - decentralized node list via IPFS & ZeroNet - page 78. (Read 87243 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
A nice coin with a interesting project..

I liked! Cheesy
Whats happening with the Poll are things changing

Monero is hard forking on March 14th. It's changing POW algorithm to prevent ASIC miners and to remove mass botnets. They want to see if the community wants to follow in that direction as well.

Is that the XMR fork that is called MoneroV? Or is that a different story? I only heard that many are buying XMR now to receive a new coin when the fork happens.

Yea it's the moneroV fork. I don't think they necessarily want to change the algorithm anytime soon. I think they just want to know what the community would like if some sort of ASIC was released for CryptoNight.

Wasn't changing the algorithm the whole essence of making a fork? I am not too deeply into this but that's what I thought all the time.
I believe it's just a scheduled hard fork, but they decided to add the new algorithm along with it.

Once the mining situation stabilizes it will be sure to drive the price up. But it's not possible for one to obtain a majority of the coins, the nicehash power is an advantage but not an exploit.
Activity: 27

I liked! Cheesy

Monero is hard forking on March 14th. It's changing POW algorithm to prevent ASIC miners and to remove mass botnets. They want to see if the community wants to follow in that direction as well.

Is that the XMR fork that is called MoneroV? Or is that a different story? I only heard that many are buying XMR now to receive a new coin when the fork happens.

Yea it's the moneroV fork. I don't think they necessarily want to change the algorithm anytime soon. I think they just want to know what the community would like if some sort of ASIC was released for CryptoNight.

Wasn't changing the algorithm the whole essence of making a fork? I am not too deeply into this but that's what I thought all the time.
I believe it's just a scheduled hard fork, but they decided to add the new algorithm along with it.
Activity: 18
For all Pool Operators & users:

Please upgrade the pools & wallets with the latest version which will be "hard fork ready"!
Activity: 222
Merit: 1
Don't forget to update your wallet before the hard fork on block 67500.

https://github.com/stellitecoin
Activity: 65
Merit: 5
Sad well, I am bummed. for a small time miner like myself..it doesn't make sense for me to send hash this coins way when there is 10 mega hash on the network, but when you look at the pools, there is maybe 1 MH... will need to mine elsewhere Sad... sucks to because I am a fan of the coin
Just wait until the hard-fork which will be triggered around Monday. It will make mining fairer and the developers are saying will make it less profitable for NiceHash people.

What exactly is changing as far as PoW goes?
Nothing is changing about the PoW algorithm. What they are changing is the difficulty adjustment algorithm.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

I liked! Cheesy

Activity: 98
If calculating the income from the network hashrate of less than 3 MH, it can obtain nearly £3.5 /per KH at the price of 4 or 5 sats (this is generally around £1 to 1.5 for most coins). So, this disgusting nicehash can get a huge profit by pump and dump. Then. finally the price of this coin will drop to 2 and even 1 sat again. If without any change, in the worst case, these huge cheap coins will lead to the price at 1 sat, but still no one wants to buy. The issue is not the project, but the way that kills the project (at least at this moment it looks a promising project). Maybe, the solution is hard-fork in its early stage and hard-fork back again once it becomes popular.
jesus...cryptoknight.cc is currently finding about 15 blocks a minute...that's a rate of over 400 million coins per day...hope this thing gets sorted out soon or some idiot is going to end up w/ 90% stake in a worthless coin

Yes, it reached more than 30 MH for a while to take a large amount of coins while the network hash is only less than 3 MH. It is really very bad. It can make this coin getting to 1 sat, but no one wants to buy.
Activity: 276
Merit: 12
Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!
jesus...cryptoknight.cc is currently finding about 15 blocks a minute...that's a rate of over 400 million coins per day...hope this thing gets sorted out soon or some idiot is going to end up w/ 90% stake in a worthless coin
Activity: 76
Stellite is now available on mineAllCrypto. Happy mining!

Mining XTL with cryptnight algo :

• Stratum  : pool.mineallcrypto.com:7486
  • User     : YOUR_XTL_ADDRESS
  • Password : x

mineAllCrypto info :

Mining software :

Examples of command line :

• Nvidia   : ccminer.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.mineallcrypto.com:7486 -u Se2YnNgZZBCFiEC1b4WAdhASN2A7mxtPCcCU77VYx2N1SyUmJ55xz9ASaZVx1MXQr16MqtvxufZEBVp e2qrrTZE92EkpVJt1p -p x
  • AMD      : sgminer.exe --algorithm cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.mineallcrypto.com:7486 -u Se2YnNgZZBCFiEC1b4WAdhASN2A7mxtPCcCU77VYx2N1SyUmJ55xz9ASaZVx1MXQr16MqtvxufZEBVp e2qrrTZE92EkpVJt1p -p x
Activity: 307
Sad well, I am bummed. for a small time miner like myself..it doesn't make sense for me to send hash this coins way when there is 10 mega hash on the network, but when you look at the pools, there is maybe 1 MH... will need to mine elsewhere Sad... sucks to because I am a fan of the coin
Just wait until the hard-fork which will be triggered around Monday. It will make mining fairer and the developers are saying will make it less profitable for NiceHash people.
It's high time it's done. will wait.
What do you mean by high time?

ask StonerStanley
Great news
Activity: 517
Merit: 257
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

What exactly is changing as far as PoW goes?
Activity: 51

ask StonerStanley
Activity: 826
Merit: 314
GIF by SOCIFI
Activity: 535
Merit: 267
this coin has 21B max total coins. Way too high?

No. It depends of the price and repartition.

Bitcoin with 21 millions is way too low.

Not even everybody on the planet can get 1  bitcoin....

Anyway as an investor you should only see for the price, repartition, technologie and the potential arrival of new investors. You should explain why you think it's too much.

If i buy for 10k$  i will get more Stellite than Dash but finally the value still 10k$. I think that presently there is no "way too much" in total supply in the world of cryptocurencies. The price can be way too low or too high, but not the total max supply (it can be too low but not too high with 21B, or like i said it depends of the repartition, you can't just take in count the max total coins only)
Activity: 90
this coin has 21B max total coins. Way too high?
Activity: 21
Quote from: wudafuxup:

Yea we've def concluded is a single guy. I saw some guy (not sure if it's this guy) put 65million on sale at 6 sats for a few min before removing it. He must be pool hoping.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this is the major issue for this coin.  Large amount of coins can be easily extracted by hiring nicehash for a set of short time once the price of this coin has any tendency to go up for a few sats. People will always do it. You cannot blame these people because they can get the quick profit through pump and dump in a free market

I think that the Dev may really hope that this coin would be extracted by hundreds and thousands of mobiles or other small rigs simultaneously. These small rigs are added together to form a huge hash power. In this case, those hired nicehash or big farm will not dominate the whole network in the hash. Therefore, it makes easy for each small rig to mine some coins. But in the real world, it needs to take very long time to reach this point with very big community in order to spread this coin . This will create the problem; i.e. this makes this coin unable to get rid of the low-price zone; i.e. close to 1 sat because there is always a good profit due to its easy extraction. Once the price slightly goes up to 5 or 6 sats,  nicehash or big farm will come to take this profit, resulting in another round dump. If this repeats again and again, there will be cheap coins everywhere. So Dev need to find a way to solve this problem. This is just my analysis or prediction. It might be wrong. Welcome for a discussion.
Pages:
Jump to: