Author

Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread - page 122. (Read 354253 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It's only me or CoinedUp today is very fast?  Cheesy

Yeah, it seems that they finally done something right Smiley I wonder how long it will last.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
It's only me or CoinedUp today is very fast?  Cheesy
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
The new animation is here. Check it out. Can be turned to GIF, possible for wallet splash screen.

Thanks to Snotty, this is his logo design  Wink

Show some love and support here: PaXJ74wUwieuRqfQi2yR1Ue5fdqejkcx7N  Thanks! Kiss
Use Chinese said to your praise:老兄,你太有才了~
The new animation is here. Check it out. Can be turned to GIF, possible for wallet splash screen.

Show some love and support here: PaXJ74wUwieuRqfQi2yR1Ue5fdqejkcx7N  Thanks! Kiss

Great work coinrudar, the particle effect is very nice  Smiley
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Thanks to Snotty, this is his logo design  Wink

Show some love and support here: PaXJ74wUwieuRqfQi2yR1Ue5fdqejkcx7N  Thanks! Kiss

this is AWESOME logos 10/10!  Wink
+1
thanks to all of you for nice words and donations  Smiley
good job !
Activity: 56

Show some love and support here: PaXJ74wUwieuRqfQi2yR1Ue5fdqejkcx7N  Thanks! Kiss

+1
thanks to all of you for nice words and donations  Smiley
Activity: 17

+1
Activity: 25

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

Cool.  Love the disintegration to particles.  100 PRT tip sent.  Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
My account at prt.coinmine.pl has been getting hammered with password attempts the last couple days.  Just a heads up for anyone that hasn't logged in in a while, you might want to make sure your password is half decent.

Mine too!   That is also part of the reason I switch to a coin that is P2Pool mined.   

Probably some scumbag trying to put in their own wallet address for payouts.   You can't lock the wallet address at that pool.   

Very cool ... I pointed my mining back at particle.   We 3700 blocks until the next 1/2 ... after that I'm not sure it will be worth it, but the swisscex coin exchange is really slick and the value is slowly going up.   

Activity: 238

Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool

Well worth it! I try to keep active on the site but often forget.

On a side note....EVERYONE WHO IS INVESTED IN PRT, JOIN Altsino.com. The more users....the better it is!!!

Also, wheres moonmoon? Seems like he's been online recently, just lack of posting:( Now that BTC is down, it will be WAY easier to convince people to move into PRT as the price is lower. Getting everything rolled out while were in the down spell is probably the best oppertunity we have in bringing users into PRT community.

I hope we don't launch the wallet in an opensource fashion yet. Maybe 6 months after final release is launched we can release the source, but right now is not the time. Some other coin will swoop it up, implement it ASAP and take over PRT's spotlight....not good!

I don't think closed source will be good, haters gonna say the wallet did something wrong to their computers, while if it's open source everyone can look at source and compile. Of course other coins will use the wallet. But they will only have the wallet not the infrastructure particle will have to support the app's.

Well, open/close source wallet is a tricky situation, but, in my opinion, it's a minority of paranoid geeks, who would not trust it and avoid it. That's the way it is in core of the crypto community and others don't care that much. Obviously, the risk of FUD increases, but if the wallet would work fluently... Tricky sticky situation.
My account at prt.coinmine.pl has been getting hammered with password attempts the last couple days.  Just a heads up for anyone that hasn't logged in in a while, you might want to make sure your password is half decent.

Mine too!   That is also part of the reason I switch to a coin that is P2Pool mined.   
just few things to think about:

What I'd like is the wallet to have some settings for Send payment limits, so for example if I set the upper limit to 1000PRT, on the Send page if I try to send more than that, the page/field will turn red and warn me. That can warn you not to send too much PRT by mistake.

And about in-wallet mining... If it's going to use minerd, the problem will be that still many antivirus programs are detecting minerd as a threat. So I don't think regular users will agree to this...

If you are going to have every wallet mining a little by default you won't be able to use something like minerd without some modification.   If the wallet was constantly pegging people's CPU's it would be a quick death for the coin.  

If you want minerd for mining by choice, that would be okay.   I think it would be good to set up a P2Pools mining and then people could just maybe choose a P2Pool node on a drop down list.   At this point solo mining isn't going to be worth the reward.  (IMHO)

I've actually pulled back on mining particle, although I'm throwing a couple hundred kilohash per second at it and my son is mining it.    I've started mining FQC (FairQuark) which is worth about 1/5 particle but the coins are coming about 20 times faster.   Soon to even much faster as the block award with half to 90 coins from the current meager 180.   FQC though doesn't have nearly the community behind it that this coin does.   Particle seriously needs to fix its mining problem or else the coin will die.   With out mining there aren't any transactions.   Without transactions the coin is useless.  

Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool

On a side note....EVERYONE WHO IS INVESTED IN PRT, JOIN Altsino.com. The more users....the better it is!!!

Also, wheres moonmoon? Seems like he's been online recently, just lack of posting:( Now that BTC is down, it will be WAY easier to convince people to move into PRT as the price is lower. Getting everything rolled out while were in the down spell is probably the best oppertunity we have in bringing users into PRT community.

I hope we don't launch the wallet in an opensource fashion yet. Maybe 6 months after final release is launched we can release the source, but right now is not the time. Some other coin will swoop it up, implement it ASAP and take over PRT's spotlight....not good!

I don't think closed source will be good, haters gonna say the wallet did something wrong to their computers, while if it's open source everyone can look at source and compile. Of course other coins will use the wallet. But they will only have the wallet not the infrastructure particle will have to support the app's.
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Activity: 134

Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool

What I'd like is the wallet to have some settings for Send payment limits, so for example if I set the upper limit to 1000PRT, on the Send page if I try to send more than that, the page/field will turn red and warn me. That can warn you not to send too much PRT by mistake.

And about in-wallet mining... If it's going to use minerd, the problem will be that still many antivirus programs are detecting minerd as a threat. So I don't think regular users will agree to this...

True about minerd, it will trow false positives, and scare users. Maybe wallet mining as an App, so users can choose if they want to mine or not?

Jump to: