Author

Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread - page 167. (Read 354253 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
While a HUGE fan of the new wallet idea I just don't understand the point of an 'App Store' within the wallet which now seems to be the primary focus?  Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way but these are my concerns.

1)  Why would I want a bunch of apps running within my wallet?  Like what would they be?  People are making comparison to Google Play...so you guys are thinking people want to download games like Angry Birds or Tetris and other smartphoney type apps like AccuWeather to use within their wallet???  Why?  Seems like besides being unnecessary it would bloat the Wallet program and make it run slower and/or open a huge can of security issues.

2) This is your wallet aka your personal bank vault holding all your wealth in Particle.  Most people don't even trust pre-compiled binaries of their wallet.  Who would want/trust to use a 3rd party app within your wallet?  Seems like a hug security issue.  Who/How verifies that the apps are safe and not doing something nasty?  

Interested in what people think and counter arguments.
That is a narrow mind point of view (no insult).

You have to think about how crowd sourcing developped things you never thought about before, that 1 person woukd never have been able to think about on its own. Its the point here of making the platform to enable the possibilities. Meanwhile, some of the features that come straight to mind is being able to exchange straight from wallet. Then add your broker account to your wallet? Now you have a wallet with your crypto and your fiat? Seems much better than what we currently have to me.

Just keep in mind it offers the possibility. What those possibilities are is still unknown, but the first step is making them possible.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 513
<3 DeepOnion
bitcoin can't be always top, sometimes 40 min BTC transactions makes me crazy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
how how do you guys see this coingoing for quark value or higher? I have 29,000 k not sure how long i should wait before slowly unloading it

compared to bitcoin this coin should go to $17.00 and that is not counting the improvements this coin has over bitcoin.

why exactly 17$?

Look at the amount of coins and the market cap.  If particle gets the same market cap as bitcoin is right now, then it would be $17 a coin.

Indeed. Do you really think any of the useless altcoins will reach bitcoin marketcap? 10 BILLION dollars??

How many trillions will be Bitcoin marketcap then?

The useless coins won't, but by all means, the better coins will take over bitcoin eventually.  You didn't think bitcoin would remain king forever?  In any market place, the stronger/better/secure will always win.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
a better idea would be to make a Google play app which people can use particle to purchase android apps and gives an option to mine using their phones send me some prt PuEWfqs1uog8Zhq7vM4f3MvSexegxMMqkY
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
how how do you guys see this coingoing for quark value or higher? I have 29,000 k not sure how long i should wait before slowly unloading it

compared to bitcoin this coin should go to $17.00 and that is not counting the improvements this coin has over bitcoin.

why exactly 17$?

Look at the amount of coins and the market cap.  If particle gets the same market cap as bitcoin is right now, then it would be $17 a coin.

Indeed. Do you really think any of the useless altcoins will reach bitcoin marketcap? 10 BILLION dollars??

How many trillions will be Bitcoin marketcap then?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
While a HUGE fan of the new wallet idea I just don't understand the point of an 'App Store' within the wallet which now seems to be the primary focus?  Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way but these are my concerns.

1)  Why would I want a bunch of apps running within my wallet?  Like what would they be?  People are making comparison to Google Play...so you guys are thinking people want to download games like Angry Birds or Tetris and other smartphoney type apps like AccuWeather to use within their wallet???  Why?  Seems like besides being unnecessary it would bloat the Wallet program and make it run slower and/or open a huge can of security issues.

2) This is your wallet aka your personal bank vault holding all your wealth in Particle.  Most people don't even trust pre-compiled binaries of their wallet.  Who would want/trust to use a 3rd party app within your wallet?  Seems like a hug security issue.  Who/How verifies that the apps are safe and not doing something nasty?  

It would be up to you to decide if you wanted apps running and what apps you trust.  Maybe a trader wants access to charts, maybe a business man wants access to his business's online orders.  Really can't know what the market will bring until the capability is here.

Sure but why would anyone want to do that within a tiny wallet when they could just open it in another window? I could see maybe a mobile app but not for desktop.
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

It would be up to you to decide if you wanted apps running and what apps you trust.  Maybe a trader wants access to charts, maybe a business man wants access to his business's online orders.  Really can't know what the market will bring until the capability is here.
Activity: 336
We really need to add PRT to Cryptsy .
Maybe new giveaway  for  voting on Cryptsy for adding PRT?
Voting topic - HERE

Do you happen to know who created the topic @ cryptsy support.  Some info in the header should be changed...
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
We really need to add PRT to Cryptsy .
Maybe new giveaway  for  voting on Cryptsy for adding PRT?
Voting topic - HERE

+1

Lets say for instance you have Bitcoin-qt.  Is there a feature you have thought...  would be nice if Bitcoin-qt could do "x"?
Merit: 101
Hold this coin, i've mined 20k and want to see at least 10$ value per coin :3

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...... I see Particles .......Everywhere ¸¸.•*¨*•♫
No other exchange? This one is extremely laggy and wants me to sign in with Google ID? Wtf is that?

I have bought from here and also many other users.  Too laggy to daytrade but I found it ok to just buy..
We have made moves to get listed on Cryptsy.....

+1
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
No other exchange? This one is extremely laggy and wants me to sign in with Google ID? Wtf is that?

Yeah. Coinedup is extremely laggy BUT it works.
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

why exactly 17$?

Look at the amount of coins and the market cap.  If particle gets the same market cap as bitcoin is right now, then it would be $17 a coin.
Activity: 100
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

Activity: 100
willing to buy 20k particle for $ or BTC.
PM me with offers.
$10?... $17 per PRT?... Seriously???!?!?!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of this coin and will be holding on to the 70k I've got from mining, but I have no delusions that it'll make me a millionaire...

Well, it's fun to think about it atleast Smiley

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...... I see Particles .......Everywhere ¸¸.•*¨*•♫
Jump to: